By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's Talk - Halo Infinite

Tagged games:

Are you excited for Halo Infinite?

HELL YEAH!!! 18 52.94%

No. 7 20.59%

I need to see actual gameplay footage? 9 26.47%

Total:34

One Year ago I wrote a thread on Halo Infinite being the next Combat Evolve.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236651&page=1

After watching the 2019 E3 Halo Trailer the evidence is looking a lot more real.

Everything showcased in the Halo Infinite trailer was classic Halo. The visuals, Art style, Sound, Music and obviously voice acting and a Halo Ring etc.

But we all know that from watching the trailer, but what we didn't know until now is that Halo Infinite is due next holiday season which means the game has been built from the ground up for next gen hardware and like the original Halo CE, it will release as a launch title for the next Xbox.. they have some big shoes to fill as it seems they are aiming big and its looking very positive.

Also to note, they developed a single marine in the space of 5mins, actually made you feel for him. That's quite impressive especially in a trailer.

Weather the game looks this good remains to be seen however with next gen around the corner and 343i's Halo 4 visuals on the 360 were breath taking. I wont be surprised. 343i are hitting it out of the park with Halo infinite and you would hope so with the development time they have had with this game.

What are your thoughts on the trailer? Are you excited?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 11 June 2019

Around the Network

I thought the trailer was really good honestly and it did a great job at, like you said, showing how it's returning to the classic Halo style.

Now they just need to show how it's gonna reinvigorate the series and make it fresh again, because I really think it needs the God of War treatment in the sense that Halo is a series that has been around for so long and was groundbreaking before but, and especially after Halo 5, it's gotten to a point where it needs a re-definement so it can stay fresh for current fans and be a good introductory to the series for new fans. They've said that it will be a fresh starting point with it being a "spiritual reboot" so that gives me hope.

Otherwise if it comes out and it's just another familiar Halo game, then i'm sure it will be great still but that would mainly sell for people who are already into Halo instead of getting more people into it.

FloatingWaffles said:
I thought the trailer was really good honestly and it did a great job at, like you said, showing how it's returning to the classic Halo style.

Now they just need to show how it's gonna reinvigorate the series and make it fresh again, because I really think it needs the God of War treatment in the sense that Halo is a series that has been around for so long and was groundbreaking before but, and especially after Halo 5, it's gotten to a point where it needs a re-definement so it can stay fresh for current fans and be a good introductory to the series for new fans. They've said that it will be a fresh starting point with it being a "spiritual reboot" so that gives me hope.

Otherwise if it comes out and it's just another familiar Halo game, then i'm sure it will be great still but that would mainly sell for people who are already into Halo instead of getting more people into it.

I think no halo was like the first one and i really hope that they focuse on the style and the ideas of the first game with new technique and the movement sytem from halo 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLg7jSHT20

an open wolrd would be nice with a coop system up to 4 players and please no lootboxes nobody wants  or like lootboxes and wtf. why i had to collect cards in halo 5 is it shitty pokemon or what and im not 12 so please no lootboxes get a few skins which you want to sell that should be enough there  are enough idiots out there

Last edited by Jigsawx1 - on 11 June 2019

"Halo Infinite is due next holiday season which means the game has been built from the ground up for next gen hardware." Err no? I don't think you can call a cross-gen game as "Built from the ground up" for next gen. If it was built from the ground up for Scarlett it wouldn't run on an XBO.

Still don't know anything about the game, will need to see more.

Barkley said:

"Halo Infinite is due next holiday season which means the game has been built from the ground up for next gen hardware." Err no? I don't think you can call a cross-gen game as "Built from the ground up" for next gen. If it was built from the ground up for Scarlett it wouldn't run on an XBO.

Still don't know anything about the game, will need to see more.

If you know nothing do you know its cross-gen?

Around the Network

The game is cross-gen, and that makes a whole lot of sense. It's a smart move both for the franchise and the system release. Halo is not what it used to be but Infinite is gathering steam.

I personally not a Halo fan, but if it turns out to be a surprisingly strong entry, I might give it a shot on PC/xCloud.

But honestly, I wish they would have shown off Scarlet with something else. Like a truly next-gen game. It feels to me that this was a very anti-climatic release and an underutilized chance to show off the gfx benchmark of gen 9.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I don’t mean to be a downer, but graphics, art direction, sound design—these are largely inconsequential things if level design, mission design, multiplayer map design, gunplay, enemy AI, etc. are all inferior.

I’m sure 343 can pay lip service to classic Halo fans—that’s the easy part. Can the studio make a great Halo game? Based on its resume, I’d say no.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I don’t mean to be a downer, but graphics, art direction, sound design—these are largely inconsequential things if level design, mission design, multiplayer map design, gunplay, enemy AI, etc. are all inferior.

I’m sure 343 can pay lip service to classic Halo fans—that’s the easy part. Can the studio make a great Halo game? Based on its resume, I’d say no.

Have you played Halo 4? That was a great game and so was Halo 5 to an extent, just each game had weaknesses. 4 fell on the MP and 5 fell on the campaign but.. from what we have seen, 343 Have proven they can make a great campaign in 4 and a great MP in 5. They just need to add them both together and we have a true Halo game package.

If MS wants to push early Scarlett sales, it needs to be for Scarlet-PC-xCloud only. If it also comes for current consoles, Scarlett sales will start much slower.

Azzanation said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Have you played Halo 4? That was a great game and so was Halo 5 to an extent, just each game had weaknesses. 4 fell on the MP and 5 fell on the campaign but.. from what we have seen, 343 Have proven they can make a great campaign in 4 and a great MP in 5. They just need to add them both together and we have a true Halo game package.

Yes, I've played both. I thought the campaign in Halo 4 was decent and the multiplayer mediocre. In 5, I thought the campaign was mediocre and the multiplayer good. 

Halo is my favorite FPS franchise, and the original Halo is among my top three favorite games. I really, really want the best for the series. I just don't trust 343 to deliver.

And to be clear, I don't care if Infinity emulates Combat Evolved. It could emulate Unreal or BioShock, really. I just want a great game—and there are many ways to make a great game.