By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Blue Dragon PriceDrop ... $20 Dollars @ Amazon

ckmlb said:
@ Ari_Gold: You use my words against me :p

Are you ready for FES?

damn right i am, JRPG of the year for a 2nd year in a row... if it wasn't for LO

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
ckmlb said:

Are you ready for FES?

damn right i am, JRPG of the year for a 2nd year in a row... if it wasn't for LO

You think LO is better than Persona 3? I love LO but let's not get crazy here :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Ari_Gold said:
ckmlb said:

Are you ready for FES?

You think LO is better than Persona 3? I love LO but let's not get crazy here :)

Lost Odyssey sold me on the excellent character development, and the best writing i've ever seen in a game... 1000 Years of Dreams. You know I love Persona 3, but LO just came out of nowhere, i wasn't expecting it to be "THAT" good. 

Oblivion was the most dissapointing action game I've ever played. I wont call it an RPG as its not. You cannot complete quests in many varying ways. You either accept or reject. The fast travel ruined the game because it made it feel small. The fact the creatures in the game increased in level to maintain parity with you removed all feeling of achievement. They removed weapons types etc from morrowind. The setting was boring lotr flavored fair. The main storyline was boring, they removed the houses system and only left the guilds... I could go on forever. It was the biggest disappointment I've ever had. Now whilst morrowind shared many of these flaws it atleast had as interesting setting!

I'm still upset bethesda are making the next fallout. If its oblivion with guns I'll never by a game from them again.

Yes Blue Dragon is better. It atleast doesn't attempt to be something its not. Go buy it, the voice acting is horrible buts its a good game.

ckmlb said:
Deviation59 said:
I thought this game was pure shit. The only serviceable JRPGs so far this generation are Lost Odyssey and Folklore, which is really an action RPG.

The first 1/2 to 2/3 of Eternal Sonata was also OK.

I agree with this except Folklore was only average.

Boo! Folklore was much better than 5/10.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

@Ari_Gold:

The part you like the most in LO (1000 years of dreams) is the part I hate the most lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

outlawauron said:
ckmlb said:
Deviation59 said:
I thought this game was pure shit. The only serviceable JRPGs so far this generation are Lost Odyssey and Folklore, which is really an action RPG.

I agree with this except Folklore was only average.

Boo! Folklore was much better than 5/10.......

Average is 7/10 in gamer reviews world.

I want to look into it when I get a PS3. It looks like an upgraded "Lost Kingdoms" though i'm worried about how they dumbed down the combat by not having limited attacks and the attacks being random.

Bah! The cheapest I`ve seen Blue Dragon down under was at an EB where it was a pre-owned copy that cost $58. Most stores still sell it for around $90 though. After just recently finishing LO I`ve decided I need this game also, so once I have GTA IV and MK and I have finished them Blue Dragon will be my next 360 purchase.

Deviation59 said:

lol, say what you really think of blue dragon. lol

ckmlb said:
@Ari_Gold:

The part you like the most in LO (1000 years of dreams) is the part I hate the most lol

To each his/her own : )

The 1000 years dreams were my favorite part of the game as well. Besides being exceptionally well written, they truly gave you a sense of what it was like to live for so long.  They mapped out the type of person Kaim is much better than any other type of method could. The 1000 year dreams gave you the framework, the script, and it let your mind fill in the rest. They were flat out amazing.