By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XCloud or Stadia?

As a serious gamer, do you expect XCloud or Stadia to be more to your liking??

XCloud 18 46.15%

Stadia 2 5.13%

I still play text games over dial up 19 48.72%

Total:39
sethnintendo said:

It's like you given us an option to either shoot ourselves in the leg or the arm.

Haha this is spot on. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Dont care about cloud gaming. If MS start to talk about cloud gaming, that would be the time that I would take to go to the bathroom, walkout my dog, etc.

Angelv577 said:
Dont care about cloud gaming. If MS start to talk about cloud gaming, that would be the time that I would take to go to the bathroom, walkout my dog, etc.

exactly fuck that noise

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I'd like to keep using real hardware. But...

XCloud is more my thing. A least they'll have their own games I can't get anywhere else. That makes a difference!

Yeah the only one I see working is PSNow, so that all the way, lol

Around the Network

After the using my console as a data center thing I'm goign with Xcloud.

So cloud gaming was just remote play?

Which one comes with latency free VR?

RolStoppable said:
Angelv577 said:
So cloud gaming was just remote play?

No, Microsoft allows people to choose between their own Xbox console as server (so basically the same as remote play) or using Microsoft's servers to stream games (therefore not requiring an Xbox console).

Right.  

Today's presentation was light on details.  But, from what little we do know about XCloud, it sounds much more appealing than Stadia, at least to me.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  

I'd like to hear more details about the remote play stuff. That is, in theory at least, very interesting to me. But, we really just got a tease for that today.