By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XCloud or Stadia?

As a serious gamer, do you expect XCloud or Stadia to be more to your liking??

XCloud 18 46.15%

Stadia 2 5.13%

I still play text games over dial up 19 48.72%

Total:39

It seems likely that we'll learn more about XCloud during the MS presentation at E3 in just a handful of hours.  So, I'd just like to see what everyone's thinking about XCloud vs. Stadia, from the perspective of a serious gamer.    

After the presentation tomorrow, we can use this thread to compare and contrast...unless that ends up happening in the MS E3 thread.  

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

It seems likely that we'll learn more about XCloud during the MS presentation at E3 in just a handful of hours.  So, I'd just like to see what everyone's thinking about XCloud vs. Stadia, from the perspective of a serious gamer.    

After the presentation tomorrow, we can use this thread to compare and contrast...unless that ends up happening in the MS E3 thread.  

Ill make that call once I see what xCloud can do. MS's Cloud service does seem more promising, lets hope its more than just promises.

I'm thinking XCloud will be the better service, at least early on. The main reasons for that - MS has the gaming background that should allow them to better understand what gamers want, more content ready to go, and millions of people that already recognize MS as a serious gaming brand. That brand recognition should help them out of the gate, which in turn should make it easier for them to get content from third parties into the system.

Playstation Now.
It is gamepass and xcolud in one.
It has the option to stream as well as download (PS4 games only) games to your system.
With nearly 800 games and $15 a month, its a great value. Also the yearly package is only $100 , and that makes it less than $10 a month.
I just dont get why people are writing off PS Now. Probably due to Sony not trying to make a big deal out of streaming, unlike its competitors.

Not interested in either of them.

Around the Network
Geralt99 said:
Playstation Now.
It is gamepass and xcolud in one.
It has the option to stream as well as download (PS4 games only) games to your system.
With nearly 800 games and $15 a month, its a great value. Also the yearly package is only $100 , and that makes it less than $10 a month.
I just dont get why people are writing off PS Now. Probably due to Sony not trying to make a big deal out of streaming, unlike its competitors.

I think people are writing PS Now off because it doesn't have current games.  In that sense, it's not like Gamepass or (presumably) XCloud at all.  It is not competing in the same space as the new streaming services.  At least, that's why I'm not interested in it.   

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Not interested in either of them.

This a billion times.

I am extremely skeptical of the cloud, like really skeptical

XCloud will offer more games, and MS exclusives. Google has yet to delive a robust 1st party AAA luneup.

Don't care for any of them.