By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Muslim parents in UK protest school children's storybook featuring same gender parents

Can we just focus on teaching math and science in schools? Allow the parents to decide what social stuff is to be taught to their children.

Around the Network

Why does a kid at 5 years need to learn about sex lol.

Just let them be kids and have fun. Luke fuck I sometimes feel like we were the last gen to just enjoy primary school and have fun and not worry about shit you will pickup understanding of when you get older lol.

Hiku said:
Snoopy said:

Pretty much everyone from TYT. Do I win a date with you?

I'm not doing your homework for you. I want links to the specified quotes.

First the critique of of Christians views on same sex marriage. And then praising Islam in a relevant context that's unreasonable.

Apparently, you didn't read my post carefully. I said liberals praise Islam while hating Christianity for its values. Even though Islam beliefs is much stricter. Here is Bill Maher calling liberals out on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkWtcy5GFZI

So when am I picking you up?

Hiku said:
Cobretti2 said:
Why does a kid at 5 years need to learn about sex lol.

There was no sexual education involved.
It was a children's story book featuring different families. Some were asian. Some had two moms. Etc.

Oh. Well fuck bit over the top then. 

o_O.Q said:
sundin13 said:

And what exactly is your issue with this fairly standard graphic? You can't just say "here is something that is "bullshit"" and not explain why it is bullshit...

so you don't see any problems arising out of only using a person's stated identity to determine their gender?

I am asking you to explain your issue with the image. Asking me questions about what I think about it doesn't really get us any closer to an answer.

Around the Network

I seem to remember Birmingham being moreso about a school curriculum doing more to confuse children about sex than not.

Regardless, this is just another case of the left learning that while they defend Islam, it's still a conservative Abrahamic religion at the end of the day.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

sundin13 said:
o_O.Q said:

so you don't see any problems arising out of only using a person's stated identity to determine their gender?

I am asking you to explain your issue with the image. Asking me questions about what I think about it doesn't really get us any closer to an answer.

the image proposes that gender is derived from stated identity and is unrelated to physiology

did you not understand that before hand?

o_O.Q said:
sundin13 said:

the image proposes that gender is derived from stated identity and is unrelated to physiology

Gender: the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

As per Merriam Webster.

Seems consistent with the image to me.

sundin13 said: /
o_O.Q said:

Gender: the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

As per Merriam Webster.

the image separates gender and physiology/sex because the underlying philosophy is that they are unrelated

you yourself have espoused this philosophy yourself, why are you now pretending that you don't know what this is proposing?

the official website for that image links to/sources an article with this as the title

"

It’s Time For People to Stop Using the Social Construct of “Biological Sex” to Defend Their Transmisogyny"

o_O.Q said:
sundin13 said: /

As per Merriam Webster.

the image separates gender and physiology/sex because the underlying philosophy is that they are unrelated

you yourself have espoused this philosophy yourself, why are you now pretending that you don't know what this is proposing?

I believe that is a false assumption. The philosophy is not that they are unrelated but instead that they are not mutually inclusive. In other words, yes, gender and sex tend to align in most individuals, however, this alignment is not fundamental, meaning that other individuals may not experience, identify or express gender in the ways that most typically do.

And I don't know what you are referencing with your second sentence.