By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 Predictions/Wishlist

Nautilus said:
I feel like E3 is the last chance for Retro to announce a game they supposedely were working before metroid

If nothing is announced, then I think its safe to assume that they did shit for the past 5 years, and everything they were working on was cancelled.

Word.

Around the Network
theDX said:
Nintendo: Pokemon info blowout. Reminder that SMM2 is coming out this month. pls buy Smash DLC. Animal Crossing trailer. They will tease something that will drive everyone crazy, probably BotW2.

Third parties: GTAV and Kingdom Hearts... nah, that makes too much sense. We'll get Bully Remastered and a late port of that Secret of Mana remake that should have been on Switch day one.
Somehow there is a solid 40% chance that FIFA 20 is a legacy edition, and we won't know until it comes out.
Everyone will walk away once again thinking Ubisoft is a good supporter of the Switch when they announced 0 new games.

I'm feeling some real kinship in your cynicism XD. nice. Who knows.  Maybe 2020 will be the year we keep hoping for :)

cycycychris said:

For my prediction

• start off with some sort of sizzle real with some "cool" and "hip" people playing the switch on a boat or on a roof. You know like we all do. This shows a few third party games, as well as hint of whats to some in E3.

LOL thank you! 

oh! i forgot my biggest wish! The rumored dead game nintendo is reviving is revealed to be the cancelled starcraft ghost game from the gamecube era. Coming This holiday! I'm pretty sure if that happened i would become more frantic excitement than when they announced that PT was the next silent hill game. Which is ironic given that those two games brought me more heartbreak on a gamer level than any other cancellation or non-localization ever.

MasonADC said:
Nintendo has started and ended the last two directs with a brand new game, but I don't think they will do that this time. I think Animal crossing will start off the direct, and if Retro has a new game that isn't MP4, that will end it.

I think it would be great to see them use Animal Crossing like they did Robot Chicken that one E3.  To have the Nintendo presenters be animated like they're moving into a new village.  And I really can't wait to see KK Slider kicking out the jams!

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
MasonADC said:
Nintendo has started and ended the last two directs with a brand new game, but I don't think they will do that this time. I think Animal crossing will start off the direct, and if Retro has a new game that isn't MP4, that will end it.

I think it would be great to see them use Animal Crossing like they did Robot Chicken that one E3.  To have the Nintendo presenters be animated like they're moving into a new village.  And I really can't wait to see KK Slider kicking out the jams!

I have always imagined the start of their e3 to be like the villager reveal trailer for smash, with him/her running around the place in a cgi trailer

MasonADC said:
super_etecoon said:

I have always imagined the start of their e3 to be like the villager reveal trailer for smash, with him/her running around the place in a cgi trailer

Yep...this has to be a thing.  It will get people (well at least Animal Crossing fans) so pumped.  There's no reason to wait until the end of the Direct and I think it would be a better lead in than Luigi or Pokemon, especially since we've seen nothing of the game.

Keep in mind, do not be surprised if something gets announced during the Smash Bros./Splatoon 2/Super Mario Maker 2 events. Not expecting anything, but I can see something happen during at least one of those events.

People are still expecting too much

I remember previous E3 when some users put pictures of leaked games like GTAV, Tekken 7, Overwatch, Red Dead Redemption, Kingdom Hearts and many many more third party games.

None of them were true.

I will be waiting for some new unexpected game announcements and of course for more gameplay of Astral Chain, FE and Pokemon.