By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hypocrisy on Abortion?

Democratic Support of UBI and Abortion at the same time is Hypocrisy

Yes 8 26.67%

No 22 73.33%

Total:30
RolStoppable said:
zero129 said:

And the expense of the babys life? it isnt important?. Why should the mother have more rights then the child?.

Because the mother is a conscious being while the fetus is not.

Old people who suffer from dementia get their rights removed because they are no longer in a position where they can make reasonable decisions for themselves. In such cases, it's usually a family member of theirs that gets to make the important decisions and sign documents in their name.

Does this mean that humanity discriminates people based on their lack of consciousness? Perhaps, but it's for the best that decisions are made by people who grasp the concepts of cause and effect, and who are aware of the consequences that any decision may entail.

Do you have children?.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
RolStoppable said:

Old people who suffer from dementia get their rights removed because they are no longer in a position where they can make reasonable decisions for themselves. In such cases, it's usually a family member of theirs that gets to make the important decisions and sign documents in their name.

Does this mean that humanity discriminates people based on their lack of consciousness? Perhaps, but it's for the best that decisions are made by people who grasp the concepts of cause and effect, and who are aware of the consequences that any decision may entail.

Do you have children?.

If that's required for you to take one's opinion on this I have a three year old child and I don't find fault with Rol's reasoning. 

zero129 said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you have children?.

No, but that shouldn't relevant to the bolded part where I said that a fetus is not a conscious being.

I can expand on my previous post further by pointing out that children at the stage of having attained consciousness do not have the same rights as an adult. For example, children are not allowed to sign contracts without the co-signing of a parental figure.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 18 May 2019

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Thought thread was going to be about recent state legislatures passing anti abortion laws even in cases of rape and incest.

Torillian said:
zero129 said:

Do you have children?.

If that's required for you to take one's opinion on this I have a three year old child and I don't find fault with Rol's reasoning. 

Your male?. i wonder how you would feel if your wife/girlfriend decided you're childs life wasnt important 3 years ago because at the time the child wasnt conscious.

Would you of been ok with that decision?.

Abortion is killing. im all for choice and the woman has the choice to not get pregnant in the first place.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
zero129 said:

Do you have children?.

No, but that shouldn't relevant to the bolded part where I said that a fetus is not a conscious being.

I can expand on my previous post further by pointing out that children at the stage of having attained consciousness do not have the same rights as an adult. For example, children are not allowed to sign contracts without the co-signing of a parental figure.

What stage do you believe the fetus becomes conscious?.

How about this hypocrisy? Repuplicans are anti welfare and anti abortion. Well you can't have it both ways... You'd think republicans would be in favor of abortion if it kept the poor off welfare.

zero129 said:
RolStoppable said:

What stage do you believe the fetus becomes conscious?.

It's long past the stage of fetus that a human gains consciousness. Babies don't possess much consciousness. It's only around the age of 3 years old that a human begins to have a proper stage of consciousness, i.e. events that have been experienced remain stored in the brain. While some people have memories (or believe to have them) that date back to being approximately 2.5 years old, the vast majority has no recollection of the things that happened before the age of 3. This consciousness that begins to materialize at that age rapidly speeds up how fast a child can learn new things and it allows the child to better explain what they want in a given situation, how they feel etc.

The above doesn't mean that I'd consider it fine to kill babies. Where I draw the line for abortion is probably at about 3-4 months after conception; at that point I'd expect that women have noticed that they are pregnant and had enough time to think about it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

The youngest person to become pregnant was 5 or 6 depending on which resource material is used but it shouldn't make a difference.

Although that case went on successfully, a child that young faces a plethora of future complications including death.

In the scenario which a child is raped at such a tender age and impregnated against her will, then she has every last right to abort the child at any stage of development and because of this, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't anyone else's choice other than the mother. It should be that easy.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

The whole restrictions past 8 weeks passed by recent state legislatures is bullshit. Most women don't even know they are pregnant till around then.