By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

TranceformerFX said:
KLAMarine said:

I think it's more a case of Barrett being a bulkier character hence he has a rougher voice. And is Japan really in charge of hiring the English voice actors?

That's an excellent question. I'd imagine that they outsource it to a casting agency, and Square Enix looks at the final product when it's completed. I don't "think" SE does motion capture with their voice acting like Naughty Dog and other studios, they just wipe the Japanese dialogue that was already recorded and the localization department who's in charge of English dialogue does the rest.

That'd be a good thing to Google.

If it is done by a separate studio that's located in the states, then Barrets stereotypical voice is even more shameful. That's just me though, I realize everyone isn't unhappy with his voice.

Regardless, SE's HQ in Japan undoubtedly looks and officially approves of the final results of the English localization.

If Square Enix aren't the ones responsible for the final product of the English voice over, then I'll be at a loss for words... 

I think you're being silly: plenty of heftier characters get the deeper, rougher voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6f_6eRI5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKcm3dx9y0

From the look of things, Barrett seems like a heavier character.

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
KLAMarine said:

I think it's more a case of Barrett being a bulkier character hence he has a rougher voice. And is Japan really in charge of hiring the English voice actors?

That's an excellent question. I'd imagine that they outsource it to a casting agency, and Square Enix looks at the final product when it's completed. I don't "think" SE does motion capture with their voice acting like Naughty Dog and other studios, they just wipe the Japanese dialogue that was already recorded and the localization department who's in charge of English dialogue does the rest.

If it is done by a separate studio that's located in the states, then Barrets stereotypical voice is even more shameful. That's just me though, I realize everyone isn't unhappy with his voice.

Regardless, SE's HQ in Japan undoubtedly looks and officially approves of the final results of the English localization.

If Square Enix aren't the ones responsible for the final product of the English voice over, then I'll be at a loss for words... 

Shamefull to who?

I think this voice fits his character perfectly,i don't think it's stereotypical at all because it suits his background and attitude shown in the script.

Really looking forward to next month seeing people talk about Tifa's breast size getting reduced, even if they haven't been.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
The Fury said:

This is the complaint for the trailer? Barrett's voice? Sad times. There will be DLC/pre-order stuff and microtransaction, 3 games where there should be one and the wrong gameplay but sure "Barrett doesn't speak right."

Something to lighten the mood, I didn't realise Jessie was a girl until like my 3rd playthrough.

I’ve played it like 15 times and never figured that out until I just read that here... the things you learn... also another reason why it needs to be remade... (sad that it has to be square to remake it, they obviously don’t know what they are doing)

This video actually looks pretty good to me. I'm more interested in this game than I was before. Not sure why, but it just doesn't feel as much of a deviation as it did before. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how all of the details hash out.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
TranceformerFX said:

Shamefull to who?

I think this voice fits his character perfectly,i don't think it's stereotypical at all because it suits his background and attitude shown in the script.

It's shameful to people in the United States. I live in a big city with alot of ethnicities and I have never talked to a black man who spoke like that.

So when you say "I think this voice fits his character perfectly", I don't know what the f**k you're talking about. 

"it suits his background and attitude shown in the script."

That's entirely your opinion that's based on your perception of black people and your idea of how Barret spoke when you read his dialogue in OG FF7, rather than spoken dialogue - assuming you played the 1997 version. 

TranceformerFX said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Shamefull to who?

It's shameful to people in the United States. I live in a big city with alot of ethnicities and I have never talked to a black man who spoke like that.

So when you say "I think this voice fits his character perfectly", I don't know what the f**k you're talking about. 

That's entirely your opinion that's based on your perception of black people and your idea of how Barret spoke when you read his dialogue in OG FF7, rather than spoken dialogue - assuming you played the 1997 version. 

It is actually funny,i do know someone who speaks like that and its a fictional character that does not need to be compared to people you or me personally know.

He has a short temper,he holds in a lot of agression and has a background of growing up and living in poverty while being a giant gunwielding muscular dude, oh yes it does fit his character perfectly and that would also be why Square Enix chose that voice and not because they wanted to offend people like you. :p

Bolded: Based on my perception of black people? Don't make such dumb closeminded assumptions about others on this forum you do not know shit about,thanks.

Edit: You are also the only one that needs to bring up skincolor,remember that.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 12 May 2019

TranceformerFX said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Shamefull to who?

I'm going to ask you again. Have you heard of Mr. T?

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 12 May 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Yes, that one line from Sephiroth is really sounding souless & not in an intentional way.

Hiku said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Really looking forward to next month seeing people talk about Tifa's breast size getting reduced, even if they haven't been.

Well I don't imagine they'll be this size at least.

TFA TITS PICS

May be an unpopular opinion but I've always found Tifa's breasts to be too big making her look cartoonish and a little funny.

I am all up for a reasonable reduction.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1