By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

thismeintiel said:
The Fury said:

Indeed, it's never really mentioned on in game, just they are called Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. And no truer words on the latter but I wonder if it's more Nomura than SquEnix. His own ambition seems to high. He wasn't the director of FF7, just the designer, sure his designs were iconic in the end but you look at KH series and it's overly convoluted story and numerous delays and FF15 (or FFvs13 as it was) turned out.

With another director, or lead, we might already have this game and not in 3 parts.

It's not Nomura's fault. 13 was having problems in development, so they took most of the vs13 staff and moved them over to 13 to finish it up. And I'm pretty sure Nomura was consulting on different projects. Officially, he was split directing KH3 and vs13, then was moved off the now 15 to start directing 7R. SE was spreading him too thin and using his team to finish other projects.

Regardless of how "spread thin" he was in terms of projects, nobody can argue that whatever project has him as the Director have turned out mediocre.

Namely all of the umpteenth useless ports and re-releases of Kingdom Hearts games.

Around the Network
Marth said:
I have to say, the more often I watch the trailer, the less I like the character designs.

I just miss the goofy looking models in a more gritty and realism oriented environment.
In this remake it's all edgyness from the characters to the backgrounds and that just does not feel right to me.
I really liked FFVII but it seems the remake will be not for me.

I guess the movie was not right for you either.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
twintail said:

That said, I can see AC being added somewhere mid story, fleshing out another part of the main story. But as an ending, no thanks. I enjoy AC for what it is but as a sequel to FF7 it fails.

In my assumption before Dirge of Cerberus was released, based on what the game and Bugenhagen mention, Holy is the ultimate magic and is used to 'save the planet' from whatever is threaten it. Bugenhagen mentions that it might be the case that as humans also threaten the planet (mako energy consumption etc) it would remove them as well. The final scenes of the game end it a big flash, then an after credits scene of Nanaki running with some kids 500 years later, over looking at ruined Midgar.

My assumption for the ending was that Holy did indeed remove the humans as well. This is the ending I always thought happened.

But money talks, sequels and other crap have kind ruined all that. :P

Hmm, pie.

I don't care much about this game, but everyone keep talking about it recently so i will put this here for fun:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Episode 1: Midgar
Episode 2: Nibelheim (Flashback)
Episode 3: Junon to Nibelheim (Present)
Episode 4: Gold Saucer???
Episode 5: Temple & City of the Ancients
Episode 6: Northern Crater
Episode 7: METEOR
Episode 8: Lifestream (aka Episode Cid)
Episode 9: Return to Midgar
Episode 10: Northern Crater Redux (Finale)

Optional DLC: Yuffie & Vincent

HoangNhatAnh said:
I don't care much about this game, but everyone keep talking about it recently so i will put this here for fun:
Final Fantasy VII Remake

It'll go like this:

Episode 1: Opening Bombing Mission to Sephiroth's grand entrance on Junon Boat

Episode 2: Arriving in Costa Del Sol to WEAPONS's emerging from the Crater

Episode 3: Tifa waking up at Junon Harbor to Title Credits (End of Game)

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
HoangNhatAnh said:
Final Fantasy VII Remake

It'll go like this:

What do you think about the time gap of each part? 2 or 3 years?

I like the design improvements.

Keiji said:
I like the design improvements.

Agreed. Seems to be too much nitpicking over this title. Blocky and/or more exaggerated character models would look like trash. I definitely wouldn't buy it then. 

The only complaint I find understandable is people wanting a turn based battle system. Personally, I wish they could incorporate both styles, but that's probably asking too much. The new battle system seems like a good balance between turn based and straight action.

Why making trailers of games that will take years to be complete? Remeber the last guardian and FF versus XIII(XV) distance from the first trailer to launch?

But yeah, FF series is in the crappier, and this remake will revitalize the dead hype from this downhill series.

HoangNhatAnh said:
TranceformerFX said:

It'll go like this:

What do you think about the time gap of each part? 2 or 3 years?

I imagine the time frame will be like FFXIII, around 2 years for each game.