By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

Glad Kotaku is going out of business. That "hate" click article on FF7 Barret's voice is just BS. Screw all the hate click articles, and I'm not linking it.

"Fans concerned"
>Kotaku writer "I've never played it"
Opinion discarded
Congratulation. You played yourself.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 13 May 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Glad Kotaku is going out of business. That "hate" click article on FF7 Barret's voice is just BS. Screw all the hate click articles, and I'm not linking it.

"Fans concerned"
Opinion discarded

Boy, you really hate other people having opinions that don't align with yours. Yeah, it's hypocritical to voice your an opinion on a character to a game you've never played. However, the article does go on to display other people's grievances from Twitter reactions...

But you do know that those "Mr T" video clips you replied to me earlier to capitalize Barrets likeness was disingenuous right? You do know that Barrets translation from Japanese wasn't AT ALL how he talked when they gave him that Mr T stereotype in the English translation, right?

Also - why the f**k did they find it necessary to give Barret sunglasses when he lives in a city that blocks the sun? Lol.

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

"Fans concerned"
Opinion discarded

Boy, you really hate other people having opinions that don't align with yours. Yeah, it's hypocritical to voice your an opinion on a character to a game you've never played. However, the article does go on to display other people's grievances from Twitter reactions...

Those Twitter reactions were from Kotaku employees. Lol. Those opinions are invalid if done for clicks which they clearly are.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Omg so much controversy for a single character’s voice, people have become obsessed with black characters, it is the black characters that have to perfectly represent the black community, nobody cares about any other ethnic race. I remember the controversy when capcom relieased the first re5 trailer the community went nuts, sadly that was just the beginning. If I was a game developer I would be very scared of putting a black character in a game, whatever they do somehow someone gets offended.

deskpro2k3 said:
TranceformerFX said:

Those Twitter reactions were from Kotaku employees. Lol. Those opinions are invalid if done for clicks which they clearly are.

Lol Is that true? I didn't notice, I try and stay away from Kotaku as much as I can so I'm not familiar with who consists of Kotaku's staff.

Around the Network
gamingsoul said:
Omg so much controversy for a single character’s voice, people have become obsessed with black characters, it is the black characters that have to perfectly represent the black community, nobody cares about any other ethnic race. I remember the controversy when capcom relieased the first re5 trailer the community went nuts, sadly that was just the beginning. If I was a game developer I would be very scared of putting a black character in a game, whatever they do somehow someone gets offended.

To be fair, since I'm one of the vocal people about his voice - it really isn't that controversial. I admit that people who have a problem with Barret is a vocal minority. Like Ive said in other threads, I actually think the voice acting is bad across the board. 

here with japanese voices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8bk39BKlus

FF7 Remake is with "Granblue Fantasy" and the new rpg by Persona 3-5 director my biggest Most Wanted JRPG :)

KazumaKiryu said:
here with japanese voices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8bk39BKlus

FF7 Remake is with "Granblue Fantasy" and the new rpg by Persona 3-5 director my biggest Most Wanted JRPG :)

Thank you very much !

Japanese voices are way better.

No problem :)

tomorrow new Trailer and Infos about FF7 Remake or in two days ?? Cant wait.

Ni No Kuni Remaster this year, new Tales of JRPG and Granblue Fantasy next year. FF7, maybe... ?