I used my signature to keep track of some predictions I thought were interesting in one way or another. Time to clean up a bit and look how well it held up:
- froster (March 2017): "Switch sales will end somewhere between 15 and 25 million. Never more. Because the technology is from the beginning too weak." →Currently at 33.6M. The whole thread holds up a bit better.
- Predict how much the Switch will sell (thread, January 2017): Switch sold past the first three poll options so far, which combines 32% of the votes. Currently the Switch is in the 30M-40M bracket, which voted 15% for. At this point it seems unlikely the Switch sells less than 50% lifetime, which would mean 60% voted too low.
- another thread from April 2017: leo-j started the thread in the assumption the Switch would fail badly, but the majority of voters disagreed and voted for way more than the above (which ended at 30%). Yay, most got it right. As usual, Rol got wise insight.
- Monster Hunter World blew past all expectations of June 2017. Currently it has more than 11 million shipped copies, which is more than the highest option I gave (>10M). Only 5% got it right. I myself voted 3M-4M. Let's come the tasty crows. Well, at least I expected more out of the title than the majority of poll-voters.
- God of War > Breath of the Wild (January 2018): Well, God of War is listed in VGC (with the tracking ending 2018) at 6.15M, BotW on Switch alone with 9.46M. I think we can call it. The thread overall was about GoW vs. Labo - the forum (including me) really expected Labo might explode, didn't we.
- Switch vs. Xbone in the US. This still will need time to see how it turns out.
So, most of these are decided by now. So this summarize will help me to finish that up and release the links from my sig.