By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WTF? My local GameStop only got 4 copies of Okami?!

I just picked up Okami, and asked the clerk how he thought it would sell this week. He told me they had over 20 calls this morning, but only received 4, F-O-U-R copies of the game. Mine was a reserve, they sold 2 others while I was instore, leaving one. I had predicted decent sales this week, but if this is a sign of stock levels, we'll be lucky to see 20k. At no fault of Capcom, Nintendo, or lack of interest. They must be basing stock off of PS2 sales and preorders alone. Well at least we should see good legs.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

I ws never expecting huge sales form this game anyways ... still , it will probably make a good profit :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It didn't sell awesome on PS2.

Why would it sell any better?

The reviews i have seen so far say the PS2 one is better, i wonder if that had anything to do with such a low amount shipping to stores.

Thats 3 copies too many...

lol, kidding ofcrouse. If every game store sells 4 copies this week the game will be number one on the sales charts...

Around the Network

:( That means that 16 people can't play this awesome game today?

Horrible;.

I'm not to impressed with this game at all. It feels like it should be on the Wii but it's more of something like Zack & Wiki or some touch screen type game and I'm not that interested in it.

I think Capcom just went based on PS2 standards and base the shipments on that alone :)

I've seen this movie before...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Lol. Thats nothing compared to my local EB Games.

They usually get the top games 3-4 weeks after release.

They still havent gotten fifa 08 yet...

One store is not enough to make an informed decision on.

Regardless, if this is the norm, not a big deal. No one expected great release numbers for this game but (hopefully) it'll have great legs, something the Wii specializes in.