By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WTF? My local GameStop only got 4 copies of Okami?!

MontanaHatchet said:
loadedstatement said:
It'll have long legs for sure. If the game reaches 500,000, I would consider that a HUGE success. The original game got nearly half that on the PS2 (NOTE: The VGC # for the ps2 version is only Japan. For some reason, we are missing the Europe and NA numbers)

Yeah, and it sold more in American than Japan, so why would it be "nearly?"

And shame on the stores. Can't those corporate fat cats gauge demand?!!

I'd guess because 270,000 shipped leaves some room for it to possibly be under 250,000 sold. 

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:
It'll have long legs for sure. If the game reaches 500,000, I would consider that a HUGE success. The original game got nearly half that on the PS2 (NOTE: The VGC # for the ps2 version is only Japan. For some reason, we are missing the Europe and NA numbers)

It sold around 270,000 total on the PS2.  Counting what they are still occasionally shipping out and what they sell on the Capcom store.

I guess that is shipped though... so it may be under 250,000.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1198369

Still if you want the PS2 version you can buy that at the Capcom store still.  Of course you can buy the wii version their too... both 39.99. 

Kasz216 said:
loadedstatement said:

It sold around 270,000 total on the PS2. Counting what they are still occasionally shipping out and what they sell on the Capcom store.

Still if you want the PS2 version you can buy that at the Capcom store still. Of course you can buy the wii version their too... both 39.99.

To put this number in perspective: Zack & Wiki sold over 300K.  Okami wasn't a flop.  It was a megaflop.

I haven't bought my copy yet.  If I did I would have to play through it again, and I don't have time during finals. 

It should do a minimum of 200k worldwide

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

naznatips said:
Kasz216 said:
loadedstatement said:

It sold around 270,000 total on the PS2. Counting what they are still occasionally shipping out and what they sell on the Capcom store.

Still if you want the PS2 version you can buy that at the Capcom store still. Of course you can buy the wii version their too... both 39.99.

To put this number in perspective: Zack & Wiki sold over 300K.  Okami wasn't a flop.  It was a megaflop.

I haven't bought my copy yet.  If I did I would have to play through it again, and I don't have time during finals. 

A likely story... Come on Naz, tell us the truth.  You secretly hate Okami don't you and wish it to fail.

That's the real reason you haven't bought it.

If not then prove me wrong.  Go out and buy Okami right now or you shall forever be labeled as an Okami-hater.  ^_^

Around the Network

I got it!!

d21lewis said:
I got it!!

By George, I think he's got it!

Everyone who has not played this game should buy it because its as goodd as a Zelda game. If you have played, there might be some incentive to come back. It really looks much prettier and the controls are much better.

not very surprised
if the game is not big, expect a few at most

Sigh, it's a shame when the game gets hit right out of the gates by supply issues.