By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WTF? My local GameStop only got 4 copies of Okami?!

Amazon also sold out of their initial shipment; at least, that *BETTER* be the reason my shipment got delayed a week, or heads will roll.  Not that I know how big their initial shipment is, but it was likely somewhat sizable.  Their corporate strategy is to overbuy products

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
One store is not enough to make an informed decision on.

Regardless, if this is the norm, not a big deal. No one expected great release numbers for this game but (hopefully) it'll have great legs.

Fix'd.

Aah, Gamestop. I was lucky enough to buy the "last" copy of Bioshock, Halo 3, AND Call of Duty 4 (there were at least 10 visible copies of COD4 behind the counter). I got their "next to the last" copy of Metroid Prime 3.

This may not be rampant, but I honestly think it's Gamestop/EBGames policy to tell the customer that they are almost out of copies of "that awesome new game you want to buy". You're more likely to pre-order next time, or at least buy the rare remaining copy. I'm buying Okami today. I'm just going to walk into the store, and buy it. No doubt, it will be the last copy. Fortunately, I've been super lucky as of late!

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
Gamerace said:
One store is not enough to make an informed decision on.

Regardless, if this is the norm, not a big deal. No one expected great release numbers for this game but (hopefully) it'll have great legs.

Fix'd.

Does not compute, there was nothing to fix.

Btw, I get the impression that you would hate it if Okami Wii would outsell the PS2 version of the game.

No.  Not that.

Lots of games have legs.  CoD4 360 has astounding legs,  and in "Others", tons of games on HD consoles have good legs.  It's not one single system that has good legs.

Also, we don't really know what Okami PS2 sold, since there's no American data for it, but I'd be really glad if this sold well on any platform.  It's a very different game, and it deserves exposure for as good and critically acclaimed as it is.

To clarify:

It's not that 'System X has the best legs', but this is more so a testament to the strength of the Video Game industry as a whole, rather than a certain system being the only system that has legs.

Actually, if you want to be realistic, the DS specializes in legs moreso than anything, but that's a relative comment, since the game indsutry is growing very well, and rapidly.

Around the Network

I have a feeling this game will do MUCH better than it did on the ps2. The niche success of the original has lead to a lot of hype surrounding this re-release.

makingmusic476 said:
I have a feeling this game will do MUCH better than it did on the ps2. The niche success of the original has lead to a lot of hype surrounding this re-release.

Capcom just needs to make enough of the game...

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
To clarify:

It's not that 'System X has the best legs', but this is more so a testament to the strength of the Video Game industry as a whole, rather than a certain system being the only system that has legs.

There are two systems on which games seem to have much longer legs than on any other system. These two systems are the Wii and the DS. Since you claimed in the previous post, that in "Others" there are tons of games for HD consoles with good legs, why does it look like this then:

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

The number of games with good legs for HD consoles is low: Call of Duty 4 (PS3/360), Assassin's Creed (PS3) and Guitar Hero 3 (360). I assume most sales of Resistance and Motorstorm are still coming from bundles, but let's still count them.

Now that's 6 games with good legs. Compare these to the Wii and DS games on that chart, and well yeah...

There's nothing wrong with claiming that the Wii has specialized in games with good legs. So there was no need to fix Gamerace's post (other than to add "(and DS)").

Rolstoppable -1

DMeisterJ - 0

konnichiwa said:
:( That means that 16 people can't play this awesome game today?

Horrible;.

Maybe.... maybe not. If he's like me there are some 20+ gamestops within driving range.

They always claim they have few of some game too by the way.

My store for example only got 1 Mario Strikers game that wasn't a preorder.

Which I found funny, since I preordered mine the day before.  Since i went up there a day early. 

Reminds me of people talking about the low Zack and Wiki stock.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson