By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WTF? My local GameStop only got 4 copies of Okami?!

GameStop just doesn't support capcom. Capcom is doomed.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Reminds me of people talking about the low Zack and Wiki stock.

Yup. Lousy retail support flashbacks. It baffles me how high-quality budget titles like Capcom's Wii offerings struggle to get retail support when there's no shortage of Conspiracy games' titles on the shelf. :S

Got my copy at a local independent retailer. Guy behind the counter commented that it seemed most stores hadn't gotten it in yet, today, so I guess I wasn't the first to snag a copy. Looked like he had at least 3 more copies to sell. I won't be sad at all if he steals a slice of EB/Gamestop, et al's business.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

That's not surprising since Gamestop/EBGames only order enough games to cover preorders plus one or two.

I think the problem here is enough people didn't preorder it.

-edit-

And decided to say screw GTAIV and picked up my copy today at Best Buy, though I did have to ask them for it since they hadn't bothered putting it on the shelves yet. 

^that and since the first one was a sleeper ht mabye they thought this one would move units similar to it

Ok, I just called around to a few stores. Gamestops got between 3 and 5 copies, looks like they got 2 for sales floor + preorders.

Best Buys in my market got 4, they had not yet put them on the sales floor. Walmart & Target had not yet recieved, TRU didn't have it yet.

I called 8 Gamestops, 4 were sold out, 3 had 1 or 2 copies left, 1 still had all original 3 they received. Definitely short stocked.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
radioioRobert said:
Ok, I just called around to a few stores. Gamestops got between 3 and 5 copies, looks like they got 2 for sales floor + preorders.

Best Buys in my market got 4, they had not yet put them on the sales floor. Walmart & Target had not yet recieved, TRU didn't have it yet.

I called 8 Gamestops, 4 were sold out, 3 had 1 or 2 copies left, 1 still had all original 3 they received. Definitely short stocked.

I'll be damned. It was sold out!

d21lewis said:
I'll be damned. It was sold out!

That was always gonna happen after your original post - isn't irony a bastard

loadedstatement said:
It'll have long legs for sure. If the game reaches 500,000, I would consider that a HUGE success. The original game got nearly half that on the PS2 (NOTE: The VGC # for the ps2 version is only Japan. For some reason, we are missing the Europe and NA numbers)

Yeah, and it sold more in American than Japan, so why would it be "nearly?"

And shame on the stores. Can't those corporate fat cats gauge demand?!! 

MontanaHatchet said:

Can't those corporate fat cats gauge demand?!!

They only care about what's in your wallet. They'll get what's in your wallet and you will give them.