By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

Mine too, in fact it's what I'm doing right now.

Annoyingly VGChartz seems most active during the hours I am asleep, so I wake up to a host of new posts in the threads I'm following, which then stay quiet most of the day haha

The worst thing I find about that is when you see a post or thread that interests you , only to see it's almost a day later and you don't know whether or not it's worth replying since it's past its  peak and people have moved on.

I know, I often wake up to a 5-6 page discussion that has run its course already or even been locked :(

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

The worst thing I find about that is when you see a post or thread that interests you , only to see it's almost a day later and you don't know whether or not it's worth replying since it's past its  peak and people have moved on.

I know, I often wake up to a 5-6 page discussion that has run its course already or even been locked :(

The busyness of my schedule often led to this outcome, which also contributed to my lurking instead of posting. I've just decided to go ahead and post what I wanted to say anyway. Sometimes people come back and respond. Sometimes not. But at least I'm lurking less!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
GrahfsLament said:
curl-6 said:

The busyness of my schedule often led to this outcome, which also contributed to my lurking instead of posting. I've just decided to go ahead and post what I wanted to say anyway. Sometimes people come back and respond. Sometimes not. But at least I'm lurking less!

That's good news. the more good people we get sharing their insights the better.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Acctivity will definitely pick up now that next gen is starting :) I know I've started posting more lately!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

mjk45 said:
GrahfsLament said:

That's good news. the more good people we get sharing their insights the better.

In that case, I guess I need to stop posting because I'm not sharing my insight with anyone! Blood rocks alone cost 60 insight!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
You guys should engineer some sort of scandal. They're always good for clickbait.

Sex and money sell so have a mod sexually harass someone (I'm game) or have a reviewer admit they bump the score for free amiibos or something.

I've got you covered I'm open to be paid to have sex so that covers the sex and money angle .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I guess the threads popping up on the Hot Topics bar at the right aren't interesting at all. For me, at least. That, and a handful of people commenting on those tend to be highly unpleasant. I say certain offenders should be given the permanent boot. It wouldn't solve the problem of not many people here, but it would definitely help differentiate from the shit users and the good ones.

It's been a few months so about time for this thread to get bumped again.

Moren said:

Probably thanks to the super high quality discussions we have had this month.

How was the the second half of 2020?

Is it me or have things really slowed down again? I think this is almost as quiet as I can ever remember the forums being, or close to it.

I like forums, and this is the only gaming forum I um actively using. I use forums since I was 13, but never gaming forums because users are generally a bunch of bullies 

The community here is really nice. Most of people are friendly and civic, I wonder if people having an average age over 30 makes things here more peaceful than webspaces filled with teenagers and young adults

I understand why people fear the forum will just decline is therms of usage until it eventually dies. As a newcomer I really hope it's not happen. First because without VGC I will be homeless, I love forums and can't really get into discussions in other social media.

Second because you guys do a damn great job with all sales, estimations and whatnot. This is literally the second best place in the whole internet to discuss numbers and data from entertainment industry (the best place imo is The Box Office Theory). I always pleased to lurk in all data threads people created here and it's so nice to see most of data is posted for the sake of celebrating the industry numbers rather than to flex and shade for annoying flaming rivalries (well, mostly at least)