By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Timcast: Youtube Gets Woke Goes Broke Loses 70 BILLION DOLLARS!!!

What do you think?

They deserved it 28 60.87%

It's about time 3 6.52%

I blame T-Series 5 10.87%

Google Stadia is doomed 8 17.39%

I don't care I still use old TV 2 4.35%

Total:46
Ka-pi96 said:
EricHiggin said:

No, I was making a correlation between a running a political campaign and purchasing stocks. You said nothing in between buying and selling really matters much, and why should that be any different than life? Your living life in between those moments in time of purchase and sale, and are paying attention to those stocks so you know when to sell in case they start to tank. Who buys then forgets and just magically knows when to sell? People don't have unlimited money or time and can't just allow the stock to tank and lose big. Google isn't too big to fail, and even if they were bailed out, the stock holders can't rely on the Gov.

There is no correlation though.

When you purchase stocks you own something and that thing will remain yours until the day you sell it or give it to somebody else. Also, people don't need to sell stocks to make money. You can just continue to own them and earn money from the dividends instead, and considering alphabet just made a profit of over 6 billion dollars (despite what some liars may claim) there's surely going to be some pretty good dividends being paid out still. And they aren't going to fail, anybody who thinks that seriously needs to get their head examined. A company that makes 6 billion dollars in 3 months isn't just going to go bankrupt all of a sudden, don't talk such tosh.

When you run a political campaign you lose money. You always lose money, unless you're in a massively corrupt country where you can steal loads of taxpayer money after getting elected, but otherwise it's a guaranteed loss of money win or lose. You're not doing it to make a profit though, you're doing it to get into a political office. Completely different reason for doing it, completely different method, completely different outcome. It's an atrocious comparison.

If the company goes bankrupt your stocks are worthless, so how does that make them yours? Google (Alphabet) doesn't pay dividends. How many people do you know, including yourself, knew or even had a hunch that GM would fail and require a bailout?

You may 'lose' money if you don't win, but it's other people's 'invested' money. If you win the election, which is the point, like making money on a stock, you then get what you paid for, and likely your 'investors' end up seeing a return as time goes on during your administration. You also gain many things to help you win again if you wish to run for a second term.

Still think it makes no sense at all?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
EricHiggin said:

If the company goes bankrupt your stocks are worthless, so how does that make them yours? Google (Alphabet) doesn't pay dividends. How many people do you know, including yourself, knew or even had a hunch that GM would fail and require a bailout?

You may 'lose' money if you don't win, but it's other people's 'invested' money. If you win the election, which is the point, like making money on a stock, you then get what you paid for, and likely your 'investors' end up seeing a return as time goes on during your administration. You also gain many things to help you win again if you wish to run for a second term.

Still think it makes no sense at all?

Even if a company goes bankrupt your stocks are still worth something. Firstly, businesses can recover from bankruptcy, it's not just the end. Secondly another company could buy out the bankrupt company in which case you'd still be getting something for your shares, and in the case of alphabet there probably isn't a scenario where they go bankrupt and nobody wants to buy them out. Actually there's not really much chance of a scenario where they go bankrupt in the first place.

Even if you win an election you still lose money. You'll have less money than you had before, that means you lost money. Possibly gaining something else instead doesn't change the fact that you lost money.

And yes, it still makes absolutely no sense. It's an atrocious comparison.

The stocks could potentially be worth something, maybe, if a bunch of other things fall into place, which wasn't planned for or anticipated by anyone when the stock was purchased, or they wouldn't bother purchasing in the first place. Your starting to get into what if territory, and there's a million different what if's that can be used for or against you, so that's not really a path I think is worthy of going down. Chance is just that, chance. Nothing is certain, over time.

If you buy stock you 'lose' money. It doesn't matter if you gain anything down the road, because that money that's invested in the stock, can't be used for any other purpose during it's investment. It's just sitting there in the aether being useless until you potentially get what you want out of of it, profit. If you win the election, you get what you wanted out of the 'investment'. If you win or lose the election, you can go on to write books or give speeches, or still hold a political position, making yourself millions upon millions down the road.

Youtube was never doing well. Youtube censoring and catering to certain political parties is only going to make things worse.

Ka-pi96 said:
EricHiggin said:

The stocks could potentially be worth something, maybe, if a bunch of other things fall into place, which wasn't planned for or anticipated by anyone when the stock was purchased, or they wouldn't bother purchasing in the first place. Your starting to get into what if territory, and there's a million different what if's that can be used for or against you, so that's not really a path I think is worthy of going down. Chance is just that, chance. Nothing is certain, over time.

If you buy stock you 'lose' money. It doesn't matter if you gain anything down the road, because that money that's invested in the stock, can't be used for any other purpose during it's investment. It's just sitting there in the aether being useless until you potentially get what you want out of of it, profit. If you win the election, you get what you wanted out of the 'investment'. If you win or lose the election, you can go on to write books or give speeches, or still hold a political position, making yourself millions upon millions down the road.

I'm starting to get into what if territory? Jog on, you're the one that got into "what if alphabet goes bankrupt", you don't get much bigger or less likely what ifs than that.

You're not really losing money if you buy stocks. You're exchanging money for something else. It's no different to buying a house or land, you don't lose money because you're getting something for your money. Something that's worth money and that you can sell at a later date if you so choose. Now when you sell it, that's when you gain or lose money.

Less likely? Well since GM or the entire 2008 crash aren't enough, what about if DJT ever becomes President?...

Your exchanging money for thin air. For aether. Your getting the chance to potentially make more money. Your goal may be to make more money but your not using your money to buy more money, your basically gambling, just like if you run a campaign. You have no idea if your going to accomplish your goal or not.

You also have to take into account how much you want to make, and how long your willing to wait. Say you want or need to triple your money, and that takes 10 years. Well someone who campaigns for a couple years and loses, can then get hired by some mega corp to use their political connections to get Government contracts or whatever they're after, while being paid millions upon millions of dollars over the next 8 years.

The entire thing is an "if" game from the very mention of purchasing stocks if you want to look at it that way. There is no guarantee whatsoever in any way.

I never realized how many stock experts were on VGC.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
MrWayne said:

Tim Pool is one of the most reaching, sensationalist, bad faith actors on the internet. I can not recommend any of his work, unless you want a good laugh.

Well said I totally agree.

Azuren said:
I never realized how many stock experts were on VGC.

Recently loses the biggest Podcaster to Spotify. Joe get's $100 million + and Spotify adds $2 billion to it's market value.

Get it together YouTube.