By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Timcast: Youtube Gets Woke Goes Broke Loses 70 BILLION DOLLARS!!!

What do you think?

They deserved it 28 60.87%

It's about time 3 6.52%

I blame T-Series 5 10.87%

Google Stadia is doomed 8 17.39%

I don't care I still use old TV 2 4.35%

Total:46
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/google-stock-alphabet-set-to-lose-70-billion-on-q1-ad-sales-traffic-2019-4-1028152666

"has lost $70 billion off its market cap"
As misleading as the hyperlink is, the actual article headline doesn't lie. Your thread title however is a lie.

Also can you watch the video and read the rest of the OP, because i just put there for you to read . Don't just comment before you read all. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

Well i am just linked the Youtube video title, so it;s not my fault. Also it's answer your question, "is it 70 billion???. The answer yes it is. 

My question was is this thread borne out of malicious intent (ie. a lie) or ignorance (do you just not know the truth?).

Because, no, they did NOT lose 70 billion dollars. The market cap may have decreased by 70 billion dollars, but they made a profit of 6.6 billion dollars. To reiterate, that's a profit, NOT a loss.

Oh and also, those figures (as well as the market cap ones) are for Alphabet, NOT youtube.

So please get your facts straight before spreading fake news.

I am not the one who made the title, it's a copy paste from the video. 

also losing market cap is also losing money because investment directly translate to stock price.

also 6.6 billion profit while losing market cap 70 billion is a profit ??? 

Well Youtube is part of google and google are owned by Alphabet. 

It's not fake news, sensational yes, but that's the title i took from the video. 

Good, the terrible copyright claiming system is terrible, the demonetization of videos with curse words is just as bad. And these same turtle farts want to manage games.

kirby007 said:
I approve of this message, youtube lost 70 billion serves them right for asking me if i wanna try youtube without ads each time

You know there's a popup on android if you click off the screen while a video is playing, that the next time you turn on the screen you get offered to buy that premium service and the options are "no thanks" and "yeah sure, take money so this video would continue in my pocket" I honestly feel like at this stage of being offered that choice my reply wouldn't be "no thanks" I'm fairly sure the thanks would be replaced with some profanity that might draw blood from the asker.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

I am not the one who made the title, it's a copy paste from the video. 

also losing market cap is also losing money because investment directly translate to stock price.

also 6.6 billion profit while losing market cap 70 billion is a profit ??? 

Well Youtube is part of google and google are owned by Alphabet. 

It's not fake news, sensational yes, but that's the title i took from the video. 

Losing market cap is not losing money. They still have the same amount of money as they had before (well, actually they have 6.6 billion more than they had before, but the point still stands). So Alphabet did not lose money, fact.

Did the investors lose money? Only if they bought their stocks the day before and then immediately panic sold them. But I'd assume most, if not all of them, are smart enough to realise panic selling is a bad thing to do and that not only will the stock price recover if selling is their intent (although to be honest if their intent was to profit from selling they probably should have done so sooner anyway) but they'll also be earning money from dividends still.

Youtube being owned by Google.Alphabet is irrelevant. When Sony post their earnings their overall profit/loss isn't presented as PlayStation's profit/loss (because that would simply be incorrect), the actual profit/loss for PlayStation individually is posted as PlayStation's profit/loss.

It is fake news. It's literally a lie. It's false information. It's not even misleading, it's just flat out wrong. It's sensational and clickbait as well, but it's also simply wrong.

And you not only posting lies but actually having the audacity to defend them makes me think this was done to push your agenda rather than due to ignorance (kind of figured that from the OP anyway though).

Oh and as for your suggestion to watch the video, why? Why on earth would I watch a video posted by a liar? It lost all credibility the moment it was posted with a lie in the title.

Losing market cap is equal to loosing money https://www.merrilledge.com/article/company-size-why-market-capitalization-matters-ose

Youtube being owned by Google but Google being owned by Alphabet "

• Alphabet's stock plunged almost 8% on Tuesday, slashing the market cap of Google's parent company by about $70 billion to $831 billion. "  

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/google-stock-alphabet-set-to-lose-70-billion-on-q1-ad-sales-traffic-2019-4-1028152666

It's not fake, far from fake, hell even it's not misleading, the Youtube video or the title you can agree or disagree but the rest are true. 

I am not defending the video, i am just defending the source. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
⚠️

Please update the title to be a little more constructive. Thank you. :)

Well i am just copying from the video . There is nothing wrong with that. 

Can't wait for Stadia!!! :D

DeusXmachina said:
Baddman said:
.........get woke go broke has to be one of the stupidest sayings only a loser would repeat

And when did it go woke anyway. I get recommended videos by alt right morons "owning the left" all the time.

I get a whole lot of those as well. Granted, I do watch a decent amount of political stuff but it's from channels that the far right would probably label "communist propaganda", so you'd think I would get more of those recommended to me. But I get so much alt-right stuff recommended to me I could make a conspiracy video about Youtube actively injecting right-wing propaganda or something. If Youtube is on a crusade to smack or silence right-wing opinions they're doing a terrible job!

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

Well i am just copying from the video . There is nothing wrong with that. 

There are things wrong, actually (you can look at Rule 3 for reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8551507#content). So, as I requested, please change it. Maybe try: 'YouTube loses 70 billion dollars' or 'YouTube has just lost a lot of money'. 

Alternatively, he could put Tim Pool: "Youtube Gets Woke Goes Broke Loses 70 BILLION DOLLARS!!!"

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

Losing market cap is equal to loosing money https://www.merrilledge.com/article/company-size-why-market-capitalization-matters-ose

Youtube being owned by Google but Google being owned by Alphabet "

• Alphabet's stock plunged almost 8% on Tuesday, slashing the market cap of Google's parent company by about $70 billion to $831 billion. "  

It's not fake, far from fake, hell even it's not misleading, the Youtube video or the title you can agree or disagree but the rest are true. 

I am not defending the video, i am just defending the source. 

Ok, just continue to wallow in ignorance then.

My question is which one of you is a stock broker?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames