By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware April 13th 2019

trunkswd said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Wow, Switch beat out PS4 in every region except Europe. It's even a few 1000 above in RoW. Respectable numbers in Europe even. I wonder when we'll stop tracking Vita? Hasn't hardware production stopped for Vita?

We are still getting numbers out of Japan. Numbers that are dropping fast as Sony is no longer producing the handheld. 

Ah okay. At what point do you guys usually cut it off? You're tracking XBO in Japan even though it's below triple digits. Is there just a point where your sources are like "yeah, we sold the last of them" or is there a point where you're like "okay, there's no way they manage to sell another 10k for it to even matter"?

Around the Network

Can't remember the last time 3DS and Xbone were this low.

Anyone know their lowest weeks to date?

PS4+XBO=Switch sales this week, give or take 2500 consoles.

Chrizum said:
We used to be able to see how the weekly sales compared to last week's sales when there were still software numbers. How can we compare weekly sales now?

HylianSwordsman said:
Marth said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

This page lists all of the weeks and you can even combine it to monthly and yearly numbers.
It requires a bit more work but the data is still there.

For some reason this tool doesn't work very well for me. I can't select which consoles to display because it's underneath the time range selector. Is that just a Chrome thing?

Alternatively, you can also check this thread, which compares the 3 consoles' sales this year to last year, gives you pretty much all the data you're looking for: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387&page=1

Nice to see Switch continuing to have a healthy lead over PS4, despite those wacky Europeans

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

I was wondering when the XBox One S AD was coming out but I see it's already available.

In Canada it costs CAD 299!! CAD 79 less than bundles with one (new) game. It's cheaper at least, why is the orginal still CAD 379, XBox One X is still CAD 599. PS4 base is CAD 380, PS4 pro is CAD 499, Switch is CAD 380.

Looking at the prices this gen still has a long way to go....

Too bad as slow as the average American internet speeds are, Canada's are considerably worse. SAD edition has a much smaller market here. Hardware prices here are higher due to our lousy canuck bucks and surely would sell vastly more units at $299 or less.

I wonder what they are afraid of in forecasting only 18 millions...
Things are only getting started with Yoshi and Labo 4, no new model and no price cut yet, and they are already 43,8% up.

The Switch is doing incredibly well. Titles are pouring onto the system and it is going to increase its momentum right in June and beyond.

EricHiggin said:
SvennoJ said:

I was wondering when the XBox One S AD was coming out but I see it's already available.

In Canada it costs CAD 299!! CAD 79 less than bundles with one (new) game. It's cheaper at least, why is the orginal still CAD 379, XBox One X is still CAD 599. PS4 base is CAD 380, PS4 pro is CAD 499, Switch is CAD 380.

Looking at the prices this gen still has a long way to go....

Too bad as slow as the average American internet speeds are, Canada's are considerably worse. SAD edition has a much smaller market here. Hardware prices here are higher due to our lousy canuck bucks and surely would sell vastly more units at $299 or less.

Yeah I got lucky I guess. The pro was CAD 399 at release, same price as the ps4 at release. Then prices went up thanks to the dollar. So after buying the pro for 399, 599 for the xbox one x felt way too much. Plus here the base ps4 is now only CAD 20 less than at release, over 5 years later, thanks to the exchange rate.

Plus games went up from CAD 60 to CAD 80, with tax over 90 dollars. I'm pretty sure wages didn't go up 33% to match!

X1 to 3ds is 2:1
Switch to X1 is 4:1

That's a crazy spot to be in if it will be 2020 for the next box we'll be seeing ms brand pretty much dead in the water by then.

Then again I always say.... Keep the wiiu to switch comeback in mind. Nintendo done it, so can ms if they take the right approach and give gamers what they want from them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive