Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 16, April 15-21 2019 famitsu

RolStoppable said:
Fingers crossed that Switch hits 11m LTD by the end of 2019.

That seems increasingly like a low mark to cross. With all that comes, 11.5, or maybe even 12M don't seem impossible anymore right now.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
RolStoppable said:

That seems increasingly like a low mark to cross. With all that comes, 11.5, or maybe even 12M don't seem impossible anymore right now.

We'll see. Going off memory, Switch was at 6.8m at the end of 2018, so it needs 4.2m in 2019 to reach 11m. That would already be a good result.

It can be higher than that, if (almost) all important things really happen this year. 12m is a very lofty goal though.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

We'll see. Going off memory, Switch was at 6.8m at the end of 2018, so it needs 4.2m in 2019 to reach 11m. That would already be a good result.

It can be higher than that, if (almost) all important things really happen this year. 12m is a very lofty goal though.

12M certainly is lofty, but like I said, just doesn't seem impossible anymore. I believe more in 11.5M, though.

Last year, Switch managed to sell 3.5M in Japan, but 2019 is already almost 300k ahead in sales compared to the same week last year, and with all the releases incoming starting June, I'm certain that gap will only grow faster starting summer.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
RolStoppable said:

I thought that was low-balling it to the max before I realized that the year isn't 2018... Some days I get confused for a minute.

1doesnotsimply

Drop for the Switch but just last year was the 3rd weakest number of 2018 with 34,165.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I think baring rare situation where all the rumors are wrong, and games are delayed, that is most likely going to happen at this stage. 

A very slow week. PS4, 3DS, and Vita have crashed, while the Switch can't make up for all 3.

Switch's still up from last year by 6K so it's doing well and good relatively.

Also, Yoshi reached the 100K milestone, YEAH :3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Big drop from Switch but it may overtake the PS4 next week!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Quick reminder: Golden week starts on the 29th and Japan will have a 10 day holiday peroid. So there will be no numbers from Famitsu next wednesday and the week after that will probably also be delayed.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread