By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to crack down on sexually explicit games |Update: Specifically Japanese games containing underage characters

Wow, this sets a really bad precedent going forward, and us gamers need to stand up and protect the freedom that allows developers to make the games we love.

This is just gross. I'm 31 years old, and for my entire life, very few things tend to offend me, so it's especially difficult for me to even fathom what goes through a particular person's mind that wants to put an end to this for everyone. As an example, it's like if a vegan began fighting to ban meat from being available for anyone else to eat. Maybe just keep being a vegan and allow others to continue doing their own thing.

Sony needs to bull up and stop with this trend, or we may never seen cleavage in a videogame ever again, and that's just not cool.

Around the Network

So they are going to patch God of War 3 I guess?

twintail said:
KLXVER said:
Well thank god Bayonetta is a Nintendo franchise now then.

wouldn't even be remotely affected by this

Neither should DMC5 have been, but here we are.

twintail said:
KLXVER said:

Neither should DMC5 have been, but here we are.

i didnt realise you worked at Capcom 

What does that even mean? Sony doesn't make those kinda games anymore, so we have to look at what third parties cant show. I don't work at Tecmo either, but we know who are responsible for the DOA Xtreme censorship on the PS4. 

Maybe Sony should learn to tell people to use the appropriate age rating instead of telling them what to make.

S.Peelman said:

The very idea kinda makes me sick.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
twintail said: 
S.Peelman said:

Do the women look like teen girls?

so, no they wont

While I was half joking, and mostly responding to the original title of this thread, you’ve got to wonder where this arbitrary line is going to be drawn and how many “exceptions” there are going to be. And, whether or not Sony is going to be strickt on themselves as well or if they are going to be hypocritical. Time will tell I guess.

For the record though, at the end of the day I don’t give  a sh*t about any of this.

This is fantastic news for Nintendo.

Oh damn! It is about to get worse.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DonFerrari said:
Do I like games with nude underage girls? No. Do any kid get harmed by it? Not really. Should devs be allowed to release what they want and market decides if they want to purchase or not? Fuck Yeah.

EXACTLY! Say it LOUDER for the people defending this! Because if it doesnt stop now it may become a lot worse. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hynad said:
So... Some people here take issue with a company not wanting to come across as misogynistic?

Hmmmm....

Yeah if it is just censoring for some strange Japanese games then it is kinda logical a company like sony would do that.

And i dont think they will censor nudescenes from lets say cyberpunk 2077 cause yeah that should have nothing to do with misogyny.