By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever. D&D can burn in the seven hells.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%

Mildly interested. 11 25.58%

Not bothered. 5 11.63%

/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%

Total:43

Jon sends his wolf away like thrash, defends the woman he loves less than his father did to Robert's face. Also, scorpion bolts are stronger than cannon balls, judging from the damage to Dany's ships (not to mention the accuracy, and the fact Qiburn's silly idea of very large crossbows was somehow implemented on a industral scale in a few weeks). What a shit show at this point.

Also, I don't buy Varys, the spymaster, the man who served Aerys and Robert loyally, who knew to bid his time as a Targ loyalist, openly talking treason... with the hand of the queen! Come on.

Last edited by haxxiy - on 06 May 2019

Around the Network
Asriel said:
I was a bit mixed on the latest episode. Not going to share thoughts at length - but there is one thing people could help me with. I've seen a few comments that this latest episode proves season 8 leaks were on the ball. Anyone idea where or when these leaks happened? I know pretty much all of season 7 leaked before hand through scripts.

The Freefolk subreddit, occasionally through 4Chan or Frikidoctor's YouTube (though he no longer does spoilers after HBO threatened a lawsuit, apparently).

TL, DR: there are three solid leaks at this point, which somewhat diverge among themselves. But apparently the three following are more or less confirmed or are more relevant:

Spoiler!

- A scene was filmed where Tyrion bails Jaime out of jail

- A scene was filmed where Arya and the Hound are pressed against the gates as people rush to take shelter (in the Red Keep?)

- Grey Worm and Dany + Drogon will go full Gengis Khan in King's Landing and the Red Keep specifically. Rumored to be fairly one-sided

- Two have Jon killing Dany, but Frikidoctor and an older full-season leak claim she lives

- Cersei and Jaime die together, Drogon does it, specifics unclear

After seeing last episode the only things that come to my mind are "undercooked","lazyness" and "stupid". This season feels like too big and too small at the same time....

haxxiy said:
Asriel said:
I was a bit mixed on the latest episode. Not going to share thoughts at length - but there is one thing people could help me with. I've seen a few comments that this latest episode proves season 8 leaks were on the ball. Anyone idea where or when these leaks happened? I know pretty much all of season 7 leaked before hand through scripts.

The Freefolk subreddit, occasionally through 4Chan or Frikidoctor's YouTube (though he no longer does spoilers after HBO threatened a lawsuit, apparently).

TL, DR: there are three solid leaks at this point, which somewhat diverge among themselves. But apparently the three following are more or less confirmed or are more relevant:

Thanks for sharing - do you have a link to any further details? I tried searching but only turn up a bunch of obviously fake stuff.

Well, that was bad.

It's really time for the show to end, they're completely unable to offer quality content now.

Between the (once again) teleporting and invisible fleets, the convenient plot holes, the f*ck you to Ghost... They have no idea what they're doing apparently.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
haxxiy said:

Thanks for sharing - do you have a link to any further details? I tried searching but only turn up a bunch of obviously fake stuff.

Unfortunately I've lost the links, but I remember a lot of stuff was related to episode 3 and 4 and that is confirmed and known already. I'll update this if I find them.

Edit - here you go. https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bkc8xd/compilation_of_spoilers_for_got_episodes_46/

The compilation above is missing this one leak, though - https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8qvg8h/more_possible_spoilers/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/5/6/18530917/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-hbo-final-last-of-the-starks-starbucks-coffee-cup-blooper&ved=2ahUKEwjowMj_k4fiAhULMawKHR01Dk0QFjAhegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1SMjSQlvGGbF3YO2jxlEtJ&ampcf=1

As if there wasn't any more proof that the entirety of the shows crew and writers are just phoning it in. Pathetic.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Well, this tell me they stuffed waaaay to much in waaay to little time

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Well, this tell me they stuffed waaaay to much in waaay to little time

That's perhaps the main problem. If you squint hard enough you can see the GRRM ending in all of this. But what should have been solved in three full seasons was stuffed into 13 episodes where D&D decided to take the dumbest paths imaginable to get to the plot points revealed by the writer (and taking their own dumb liberties, such as a girl trained just one year by the faceless men killing the 8000-year old literal embodiment of the apocalypse).

Casual viewers and critics seem to have noticed the sudden dip, specially this season: 8x03 and 8x04 are the lowest rated episodes of the series in IMBD and Rotten Tomatoes (together with the Sansa rape episode for the latter).

It just makes me sad, since a proper book finish to a series I've been interested on for nearly a decade and a half would probably take three full volumes and at least fifteen more years, which GRRM might not have.

NightlyPoe said:
Shaunodon said:

I mean you literally have Varys, Tyrion, and Sansa, the three clear-cut smartest people on the show all agreeing Dany has lost her marbles, and a whole 80 minute episode clearly seeing her act like a psycho, and you still think otherwise? The only reason they began conspiring against her is because they've all seen how unstable she is. She was begging Jon to keep his silence because she saw how everyone naturally gravitates towards him, and she felt threatened about losing what she believes is hers, even though she can tell by now he's clearly a better leader, as well as the true heir.

And your spiel about Jon 'can't play the game' makes no sense. When has he been lead around by Sansa or anyone else? Sansa has made a point of expressing her frustration that he never listens to her and just does what he wants. If he did always do as she said, he wouldn't have gone to Dragonstone last season and they'd all be dead. But he also acknowledges her opinions on several matters, is always open to her, and trusts her with the safekeeping of the North.
The reason Jon is being so obedient to Dany is because of love, but mostly because he's honour-bound to her after bending the knee. And he only did that after Dany risked her life for him last season while losing a dragon, which she only did because she loves him.

I'm not immune to the idea that it's poor writing, but I don't think the evidence of someone's descent into madness should be that a few people say it without actual actions.  People keep telling me how out of control Dany is, but I'm not seeing it in the actual character.  She hasn't said or done anything irrational all season.  Sansa obviously has her bias and never liked her in the first place even though Daenerys made an attempt.  Varys has a history of thinking the grass will be greener on the other side.  And Tyrion still believes in her.  Again, it may be bad writing, but if it is, then it's a stunning case of telling not showing when you would think something like madness would be obvious and instead have her doing merciful things like pardoning Jaime.

Jorah's last bit of wisdom to Daenerys was to listen to Tyrion.  I suspect she will in the end.

As for Jon, I'll concede the point, however, Varys would still go out and start wondering whether Gendry would make a better king in short order.

I don't know, like last episode Dany made it pretty darn clear that her idea on how to settle this conflict is to kill thousands of innocent people and destroy King's Landing (which at this point, seems to be a fairly likely result next episode). After being reminded that she is planning to kill the people she came here to save she says something to the effect of "I will sit on the throne by any means necessary".

I feel like that is a pretty hard turn into "not a good person"-land. Yes, she has shown signs of cruelty in the past and that is why I am kind of on the fence about this. She has been brutal to her enemies, but it was always in service of a greater justice. I feel like they rushed too quickly through those middle points where she starts crossing further into the grey and just went from her dipping her toes into the water of "This seems kind of iffy" to "Lets just kill the innocents!". To me, she seems like she is undergoing a complete psychological collapse extremely quickly and in my opinion, without sufficient cause.

It just feels convenient which echoes a lot of other things that have happened this season.