By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever. D&D can burn in the seven hells.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%

Mildly interested. 11 25.58%

Not bothered. 5 11.63%

/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%

Total:43
Marth said:
John2290 said:

Unless next episode is another winterfell battle and she swoops in with the Golden Company while everyone is weak. If that happens, I'm out, I won't even finsih the series I'll be so pissed off.

Nah I am pretty certain the structure will be:

4. Setup and talking episode with maybe a bit of showing some consequences of the war against the dead

5. Big war good guys vs Cersei and a cliffhanger

6. Cersei loses and is killed by Arya. Everyone is happy. Arya sails to the land in the east and Sam finishes the episode with writing "The Lord of the Rings" "A Song of Ice and Fire"

I agree. Somehow a new army will materialize for Dany and company and corner the Golden Company into King's Landing. Arya, the Hound and Jaime sneak in, and Cleganebowl, Valonqar etc. happen. Perhaps King's Landing is blown by wildfire. Jon and/or Dany rule, the last monarch to gain the Westerosi throne by force, mimicking the War of the Roses. Ghost makes two cameos in episode 4 and 6 respectively.

The End.

Around the Network

Episode 3 was good in terms of production values. The battle sequences were phenomenal and it really put me on the edge of my seat most of the time. At one point nearing the end of the episode I was really feeling hopeless and truly believed some unexpected tragedy would happen, but then, it went back to being this light mood Got it is now. I mean, Arya is probably my favorite character and the scene where she kills the Night King is pretty cool, but that resolution was SO anticlimatic I don't know what to say. Eight seasons of buildup for this threat that made the Throne Wars feel like child's play, Jon (who is now the main character) had his entire arc revolving around the enemies in the north, and then it ends so simply. And the worst part is that there's probably not going to be real consequences of this battle in the plot. The writers are really failing to make us feel the weight these events have in the story, and that's why Got has become another simple popcorn watch. They are even afraid of killing off characters, so they just kill those that people don't really care that much anymore. I mean, back then we felt really scared for these characters, now we know plot armor will protect then. It's near the end damnit just kill some main characters. Well, let's see how this wraps up.

ptofhearts said:
Episode 3 was good in terms of production values. The battle sequences were phenomenal and it really put me on the edge of my seat most of the time. At one point nearing the end of the episode I was really feeling hopeless and truly believed some unexpected tragedy would happen, but then, it went back to being this light mood Got it is now. I mean, Arya is probably my favorite character and the scene where she kills the Night King is pretty cool, but that resolution was SO anticlimatic I don't know what to say. Eight seasons of buildup for this threat that made the Throne Wars feel like child's play, Jon (who is now the main character) had his entire arc revolving around the enemies in the north, and then it ends so simply. And the worst part is that there's probably not going to be real consequences of this battle in the plot. The writers are really failing to make us feel the weight these events have in the story, and that's why Got has become another simple popcorn watch. They are even afraid of killing off characters, so they just kill those that people don't really care that much anymore. I mean, back then we felt really scared for these characters, now we know plot armor will protect then. It's near the end damnit just kill some main characters. Well, let's see how this wraps up.

Honestly, after all the "death scare" moments this episode I think most of the characters are pretty safe.

Jaime and maybe Tyrion are probably the ones at most risk since their arcs still tie directly to Cersei. The Starks are 100% guaranteed to make it.

Dont start with the battle aint logic seeing as NK could have offed bran and winterfell on his beasty

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mvparya

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I'm glad that many are disappointed by episode 3. Anti-climactic is really the word the best describes this episode. 7 seasons of build up for it to end on a whimper. Oh, the real story is who ends up on the Iron Throne because the books is called Game of Thrones, right? The White Walker threat was supposed to show that the Iron Throne issue didn't matter and that the most important was life. But I guess not. The throne is all that matters, apparently. Ugh. I'll watch it until the end, but it's just such a shame.

The episode when seen in itself was good; production value was huge, amazing CGI, setpieces, acting, everything top notch. Though there is a mixed feeling, that many already mentioned. The Night King and the army of the dead being killed off this easy after over seven seasons of build up is disappointing. There was all this fear and dread for years. The show was even introduced with this threat, and characters make a point of the fight for the throne being pointless compared to this. And then it ends so easily. The other thing is I expected more to die after such an emotional second episode. I do wonder though, there’s three long episodes left, surely they won’t all deal with squabbling against Cersei...

John2290 said:
kirby007 said:
Mvparya

Mvparya?

MVP Arya 

Rêveur said:
I'm glad that many are disappointed by episode 3. Anti-climactic is really the word the best describes this episode. 7 seasons of build up for it to end on a whimper. Oh, the real story is who ends up on the Iron Throne because the books is called Game of Thrones, right? The White Walker threat was supposed to show that the Iron Throne issue didn't matter and that the most important was life. But I guess not. The throne is all that matters, apparently. Ugh. I'll watch it until the end, but it's just such a shame.

Wrong.

Night King and any of the dead killed só easy... Yes só easy, they just endereço intire dowthraky army , 90 percentual insulied , a Dragon, probably 90% of the winterfell forces and the north forces etc, but yes it was a easy to kill him. They are Huntington at Arya killing since season One, One thing is for sure, showrunners knew how this was going to end in the bigger picture since the start but with jrrm being lazy some details might BE missing. The episode was great , i agree it was too damn dark in the start yes but its improved , night scenes are hard to make, and they achieved What no One Will ever do again , probably Next got séries lol

I wished Jon was more important in the final battle but still this was great episode. And wait , they Will probably Tell US more about who is night King... Or not lol