By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 March 2019

Amnesia said:

People seem satisfied that the Switch is back to first...Against a console which is in its 6th year and already 100 millions almost.
I call this a failure that the Switch was not 1st every weeks since SSBU is out. It is however an astonishing success for SONY that still in 2019, there was not a single week under 200.000.

By that logic, the PS4 is a failure for not even coming close to what the PS2 did.  I find it funny that for every person who gets overly excited for Switch, there is another person who trys to downplay.

I have said it once, I will say it again for those who still don't get it.  Both are doing great, get over it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

closer week for Switch in EU, usually its a double digit lead for Sony,interesting. Switch holds NA/Japan still by a decent margin this week. Nintendo and Sony still killin it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Shiken said:
Amnesia said:

People seem satisfied that the Switch is back to first...Against a console which is in its 6th year and already 100 millions almost.
I call this a failure that the Switch was not 1st every weeks since SSBU is out. It is however an astonishing success for SONY that still in 2019, there was not a single week under 200.000.

By that logic, the PS4 is a failure for not even coming close to what the PS2 did.  I find it funny that for every person who gets overly excited for Switch, there is another person who trys to downplay.

I have said it once, I will say it again for those who still don't get it.  Both are doing great, get over it.

While I agree that both are doing well....how does his logic in why he feels the Switch not being #1 is a failure equate to tehe PS4 eing a failure for not matching PS2 sales.....like those are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion lol. Again I agree with you that both are doing great but your "By that logic" comment I just didn't get lol.

PwerlvlAmy said:
closer week for Switch in EU, usually its a double digit lead for Sony,interesting. Switch holds NA/Japan still by a decent margin this week. Nintendo and Sony still killin it

Yes they are both on top of their game and doing very well indeed!

I am just wondering if the numbers change are more so do to Yoshi or the PS4 sale ending.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Switch goes very well and this is a fact :)

TheBlackNaruto said:
Shiken said:

While I agree that both are doing well....how does his logic in why he feels the Switch not being #1 is a failure equate to tehe PS4 eing a failure for not matching PS2 sales.....like those are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion lol. Again I agree with you that both are doing great but your "By that logic" comment I just didn't get lol.

PwerlvlAmy said:

I am just wondering if the numbers change are more so do to Yoshi or the PS4 sale ending.

If I had to guess, I'd say the PS4 sale. Yosh is good, but I'm not too confident in saying its a sales booster. More of a complimentary title to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Switch, once again, leaves its giant boot in the PS4’s ass =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

NS first again.
In the last few weeks NS has been starting from a baseline of ~230k kept quite stably with some spikes up to above 250K and even 270k, while PS5 has been hopping up and down between ~200k and ~230k.
Both always between very good and excellent anyway, with any other console left behind by a wide gap.
XBOne decent as absolute sales in a slow period and considering the competitor it must face.
3DS decent too, considering its age.
OTOH, sadly, teh undead portable is actually finally dying.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

3 months in and we are still close between PS4 and Switch. The lead of switch may increase.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PwerlvlAmy said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

If I had to guess, I'd say the PS4 sale. Yosh is good, but I'm not too confident in saying its a sales booster. More of a complimentary title to me

Yeah I can definitely agree with that.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Has there ever been a time in gaming history where two titans as powerful as PS4 and Switch have gone head-to-head like this?

It seems in every other instance where a system was this successful (PS1, PS2, Wii, PS4 before Switch) it left the competition in the dust and there was simply no contest.