By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 March 2019

curl-6 said:

This is the last week before the PS4 discount in Japan ends, according to Famitsu it dropped to just under 14k there for the week ending on the 7th. 

Will be interesting to see where the next lot of global numbers end up.

Doesn't look like there's any big release that week either, so probably it will slump below 200k now. 

Around the Network

If PS4 contniues to go down in Japan with no price drops or dsicounts then Switch has a higher chance in getting #1 for many weeks.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good,Switch needs to stay on top.

Switch is back on top, as expected. PS4 itself is still going strong, but suffering a decent drop off in the US and EU while Switch keeps a steady pace.

Impressive for both though, considering the time of year it is.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Switch almost beating the PS4 in europe this week!....

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Immersiveunreality said:
Good,Switch needs to stay on top.

Why?

Healthy competition?

Nah thats an excuse, im just happy Nintendo is getting good sales after last gen + it is in the right timeframe to be deserving selling better than ps4 because it also has great exclusives.

Biased nostalgic fanboy opinion for the most part. :p

People seem satisfied that the Switch is back to first...Against a console which is in its 6th year and already 100 millions almost.
I call this a failure that the Switch was not 1st every weeks since SSBU is out. It is however an astonishing success for SONY that still in 2019, there was not a single week under 200.000.

Amnesia said:

People seem satisfied that the Switch is back to first...Against a console which is in its 6th year and already 100 millions almost.
I call this a failure that the Switch was not 1st every weeks since SSBU is out. It is however an astonishing success for SONY that still in 2019, there was not a single week under 200.000.

What's wrong with being satisfied with the Switch doing well without any big release? SSBU is not enough to keep the Switch ahead of PS4 every week when games like KH3, Sekiro and other third party releases that do quite well in Europe boost PS4 hardware.

Last edited by Lryu222 - on 14 April 2019

Lryu222 said:
Amnesia said:

What's wrong with being satisfied with the Switch doing well without any big first party release? SSBU is not enough to keep the Switch ahead of PS4 every week when games like KH3, Sekiro and other third party releases that do quite well in Europe boost PS4 hardware.

hmm...You could have mentionned also that the Switch is doing amazingly well still with no price cut.

At 259,99$ it would be maybe 300.000+ every weeks

Don't worry I am also satisfied enough, because I own shares.

Amnesia said:

Again, a console which is barely more powerful than its predecessor which was a huge failure with limited 3rd parties is selling way more than one of the most successful console of all time which have a huge library and 2 models on the market.