By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hellblade on Switch direct feed gameplay, game out now

Metallox said:
Price?

Good question, $30 US

Around the Network

Gotta admit, that looks really awesome and I've heard really good things from mates who've played this, might well grab a copy of this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Okay my copy just finished downloading, will play for a bit then post my impressions.

Alrighty, I'm back. So far:

-The game uses FMVs of the PS4/PC version for the cutscenes, which fade to realtime when gameplay resumes.

-Temporal AA is in place; nary a jaggie to be seen, with the tradeoff that it is quite soft, though surprisingly not nearly to the extent of, say, Wolfenstein II. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some image reconstruction or upsampling taking place as some artefacts are visible if you look closely enough. They're not obvious enough to be distracting though.

-My experience tallied with the results of the framerate test posted above; 30fps with no major drops.

-There are optional gyro controls for aiming when you go into "zoom/look" mode. Feels good.

-Overall, the cutbacks seem well judged given the technical gulf they've had to bridge. Unless it falls apart later on I'd say it's a very proficient port.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 April 2019

Docked vs handheld?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Docked vs handheld?

Okay normally I never take my Switch out of its dock but just for you guys, cos I love y'all so much, I took one for the team. :P

Results: surprisingly good! I expected the resolution to plummet, but it actually looks quite a bit crisper than I was expecting on the Switch's screen. Definitely not a Xenoblade 2 situation.

This really is one of those games where seeing it run on a portable is kinda mind-blowing, especially if, like me, you grew up in the era of the original Gameboy.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 April 2019

Sounds like they did a good job porting it. Definitely getting this now.

I'll buy it now but it will have to wait untill i finisehd Timbleweed park .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Haven’t watched any PS4 footage for comparison but this looks incredible on my tiny phone screen. I gwouldn’t believe it’s a Switch title tbh

Comparison aside, this looks incredible on my phone screen. Not sure how it holds up at full res but already looking like tyevSwitvhes most graphically impressive game imo

*cries in Pokemon sword and shield disappointment*