Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cart limitations of the Switch is really starting to hurt the console.

melbye said:
I can sorta understand that SOME publishers don't want to invest in a 32GB cart because they are probably really expensive, i have a bigger problem with Capcom who couldn't even invest in 4GB cart for Mega Man Legacy Collection. But i absolutely refuse to buy physical editions that come with a code in the box

I prefer physical editions that come with a code in the box, if the cart is playable without the code.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

More on topic with this thread: One example of a game that wouldn't fit uncompressed on the cheaper medium = "o noes the switch iz doomd!!"

Flash storage is drastically superior to discs for a variety of reasons. It is more expensive, yes, but it offers a tremendous performance increase. I do agree, in this day and age where you can buy 32GB SD cards in bulk for less than $5 ea (just based on the very first Google result I found) - a markup of less than a dollar from the cheapest 16GB price I found - that there's no reason it should be as expensive as you claim in the OP, but honestly I doubt it actually is as expensive as that, anyways.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Plot twist: "Physical" version of MK11 for Switch will come with a code in the box.

The issue isn't so much fitting it on physical media.. Its the cost of the carts.  Its an inevitable issue with a portable based system. Costs will come down over time. 

Quick question: isn't hellblade digital only on every platform?

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Original release, yes. It's since gotten physical releases.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
d21lewis said:

Original release, yes. It's since gotten physical releases.

That's pretty awesome. Maybe they'll do the same for Switch somewhere down the line. I know the whole point of this thread is the size but maybe Ninja Theory can work a miracle.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

thetonestarr said:
melbye said:
I can sorta understand that SOME publishers don't want to invest in a 32GB cart because they are probably really expensive, i have a bigger problem with Capcom who couldn't even invest in 4GB cart for Mega Man Legacy Collection. But i absolutely refuse to buy physical editions that come with a code in the box

I prefer physical editions that come with a code in the box, if the cart is playable without the code.

seems pointless, might as well buy it on the eShop then

Nothing to see here, move along

thetonestarr said:
melbye said:

Then what's the point of the code?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Convenience of being able to load it without switching carts, while also affording the permanence of owning a cart and the ability to play well after the eshop listing is long gone.

That's, uh, been a common preference since the very first days of digital releases.

SW-5120-1900-6153