By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and Switch sales comparison: some things to consider

Pinkie_pie said:
Nintendo fans downplaying ps4 sales again. I never see Playstation fans mentioning all the different models that ds and 3ds had

No, they just try to downplay the Switch with other claims that are equally ridiculous, then act like Nintendo fans are the problem when the shoe is on the other foot.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Nintendo fans downplaying ps4 sales again. I never see Playstation fans mentioning all the different models that ds and 3ds had

They actually did back in 2015 when New 3DS came out, it's always been a dumb argument.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

KLAMarine said:

Point is PS4 has different models, Switch does not.

PS4 didn't have different models until it reached 43 million units. Switch has still a way to go until it reaches 43 million units... can we be sure that there won't be different Switch models before that?

Evilms said:

OP do you remember ?

Pinkie_pie said:

This happened in the very same thread. See above.

Conina said:
KLAMarine said:

Point is PS4 has different models, Switch does not.

PS4 didn't have different models until it reached 43 million units. Switch has still a way to go until it reaches 43 million units... can we be sure that there won't be different Switch models before that?

Don't know. Maybe?

In the Switch's defense, it had a PS4/Pro to contend with right out of the gate. PS4 had it pretty easy early on.

It's true the PS4 has a Pro model, which could sell to current PS4 owners, but the Switch offers a different kind of sales advantage to Nintendo.

Consider if you will my nephews. They share between them an Xbox 360, a PS3, and a PS4. Then they each have a Switch. Households where consoles are shared between kids are more likely to have multiple Switches than they are multiple PS4s due to the Switch's portable nature.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Switch had to complete with the ps4 pro out if the gate and that ps4 had it easy early on? Didnt ps4 have the xbox one and wii u to complete with right out of the gate? Id say switch has it easy all along because its the only gen 9 system so it has no competition but still it barely outselling a 6 year old gen 8 console

Pinkie_pie said:
Switch had to complete with the ps4 pro out if the gate and that ps4 had it easy early on? Didnt ps4 have the xbox one and wii u to complete with right out of the gate? Id say switch has it easy all along because its the only gen 9 system so it has no competition but still it barely outselling a 6 year old gen 8 console

You honestly believe the poor selling Xbox & Wii U were stronger competition that a prime PS4? How do you come up with this stuff 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pinkie_pie said:

Switch was a comeback from the failed WiiU.  The PS4 was competing with the X1 (which was a PR nightmare) and the WiiU (which needs no explanation).  The PS4 did not even need to launch any heavy hitting games outside of cross gen games to sell for over two years, mainly because the competition had already shot themselves in the foot.

But please do go on about how hard the PS4 had it.  The Switch was deemed a failure since it was revealed, only to come out and become a Smash hit in the same way the PS4 did with less obstacles.

Between you and the OP, I feel like everyone just lives to downplay the facts these days.  Too bad, be it Switch or PS4, there are plenty of games you could be playing instead.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

So the switch had to contend with the ps4 pro made it tougher than when the ps4 released? Wii u was only a year old and was selling decently. Ps4 also released on the same date as the xbox one so that alone made it harder for the ps4 than what the switch had to contend with at launched. You two are nintendo fans so of course you would think ps4 had it easier than the switch

Pinkie_pie said:
So the switch had to contend with the ps4 pro made it tougher than when the ps4 released? Wii u was only a year old and was selling decently. Ps4 also released on the same date as the xbox one so that alone made it harder for the ps4 than what the switch had to contend with at launched. You two are nintendo fans so of course you would think ps4 had it easier than the switch

You can't just make things up and hope people will believe you. Wii U never sold well, ever. It only sold 3-3.5 million in its best years.

Xbox One sales have also been mediocre since launch, it has been selling 7-8 million a year which isnt terrible but not very impressive.

PS4 on the other hand sold 20 million in 2017 and 18 million in 2018, those were its peak years that Switch has gone up against.

This isnt even a matter of opinion, you are simply wrong. A peak PS4 is significantly stronger than Wii U & Xbox One.