By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Climate change is inconsequential (because Peak Oil is a bigger issue)

Climate change is a myth. Climate change is absolute crap! There is no such thing as climate change. Climate change is not man made, it does not exist. Carbon dioxide does not create climate change.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Climate change is a myth. Climate change is absolute crap! There is no such thing as climate change. Climate change is not man made, it does not exist. Carbon dioxide does not create climate change.

Its all just a coincidence that as CO2 concentration rises, our global temp. on the planet does as well right?
People are drawing the wrong conclusions? and its in no way man made?

Nothing to worry about right?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Climate change is very real.
Carbon dioxide is something I deal with on a daily basis as a B.A operator, I can assure you it's threat is also very real.

There is undeniable empirical evidence with datasets that date back almost a century... And in regards to Ice-Cores, Satellite imaging, Sediment layers and so on...  Millions of years.

So that means Climate Change isn't up for debate, it's happening, it's been happening, it's also a natural phenomenon as the Earth has gone through multiple heating and cooling periods though it's 4.5 billion years of existence.

What is up for debate is the extent of human caused climate change, there is no doubt that humans are influencing the climate, the only question is... Just by how much?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Climate change is not created by humans. Climate change is natural and not a problem at all. Companies can be trusted to self regulate and do what they believe is best for the environment. Politicians must not take any action on climate change. Imposing taxes on citizens for climate change will have an adverse impact upon the economy. Governments need to wait and see before taking action on climate change.

There is no cheap alternative to oil that can be used to replaced oil to keep the high energy consumption based economy going. Companies must market oil as green energy, claim they are reducing carbon emissions with improved technology and  claim oil as a more efficient energy source with less damage to environment.

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 - on 01 April 2019

Eagle367 said:
Climate change will be irreversible by 2030. I'm sure we can keep up oil by then. Oil will run out after we are done destroying ourselves, not the planet, through climate change. All of the old generations will die and we'll be left to deal with the fallout. I just hope that we somehow figure out fusion, incorporate solar and wind all around and reduce the effects before they become irreversible. Finding a new source is what humans are really good at, but if we are battling storms, droughts, floods, earthquakes, etc, we won't have time for all of that stuff.

"Climate change will be irreversible by 2030."

climate change was always irreversible

the climate at no point in earth's history has been static

Around the Network

Peak oil and climate change are both greatly overblown, in terms of their threat to our way of life.

Humans are very adaptable. I have no concern whatsoever in our ability to survive, and to keep improving the average quality of life indefinitely. There may be some hiccups here and there. But, the long term trend line always has been, and always will be moving in the right direction.

VAMatt said:
Peak oil and climate change are both greatly overblown, in terms of their threat to our way of life.

Humans are very adaptable. I have no concern whatsoever in our ability to survive, and to keep improving the average quality of life indefinitely. There may be some hiccups here and there. But, the long term trend line always has been, and always will be moving in the right direction.

But who will pay for it? I like my money and I don't want to spend it on polder for the goddamn dutch.

KLAMarine said:
The sun bathes us with monstrous amounts of energy 24/7, 365. The sooner we learn to harvest it to its fullest, the better.

People need to realize that coal and oil is just stored past solar energy, while we could actually use current solar energy. That's why I always have to chuckle at the notion that solar power cannot replace fossil fuels.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Food production can afford to be so energy inefficient because without the taxes that get it expensive for road transport use, fuel is still quite cheap, this is bad for the environment, but at the same time it can help avoiding a disaster on this front, as if and when it will be really necessary, there will be plenty of room for efficiency improvements, not to mention that the rich part of the world currently wastes an awful and shameful amount of food, we can and we must improve on that front too.
It's more likely that agriculture (and breeding and some food processing too) will have to become very soon a lot more efficient on water use, I guess.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Climate change is not created by humans. Climate change is natural and not a problem at all. Companies can be trusted to self regulate and do what they believe is best for the environment. Politicians must not take any action on climate change. Imposing taxes on citizens for climate change will have an adverse impact upon the economy. Governments need to wait and see before taking action on climate change.

There is no cheap alternative to oil that can be used to replaced oil to keep the high energy consumption based economy going. Companies must market oil as green energy, claim they are reducing carbon emissions with improved technology and  claim oil as a more efficient energy source with less damage to environment.

This is an excellent satire account, thanks for the chuckle.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]