By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Alex Jones Claims Psychosis Made Him Believe SAndy Hook Shooting Was Staged

o_O.Q said:

"Please, double down harder defending Alex Fucking Jones."

i didn't start this by defending alex jones, i cleared up a misconception that he is against liberal policy, when really alex jones is far more liberal than many of the leftists who criticise him

"Five-year-olds shouldn't be taught about heterosexual sex or homosexual sex or anything else."

you presumably disagree with this, may i ask why?

"So it's the state promoting pedophilia, because they're a bunch of pedophiles."

if people are mandating that children at the age of 5 must be taught about the mechanics of intercourse i'd say that there's something wrong with that in my view

its not explicitly pedophilia but i can understand his line of reasoning for using that word 

"I mean, look at all the pedophile scandals. I mean, it's pedophile scandals in the BBC, in the government, in the churches."

he's right about this

jimmy saville ring a bell? joe paterno? the catholic scandals?

"it's a cult of pedophiles trying to take everything over. That's it. They're on the side of the devil."

who is he referring to here? seems to me like he's referring to the people above and again he's right

the catholic church for example appears to be run by pedophiles and they are trying to gain control

you haven't really posted any evidence for your claims so i must conclude that you have none as i suspected

what is a "leather daddy"? btw

Remember that the question was asking him what his thoughts were on gay marriage. His answer is that gay marriage is a conspiracy by a secret cabal of pedophiles hellbent on fucking your children. To any sane person, pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question, however, this is how Alex Jones works. He is trying to create associations. He is saying that there is a connection here. He is trying to connect homosexuality with things such as pedophilia, globalism and the devil and it isn't because he thinks all of these things are good.

That said, the reason I'm not going into more detail is because I also know how you work. I'm wrapping up this conversation and leaving because I do not believe you are capable of anything resembling discussion.

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
o_O.Q said:

"As long as your detractors aren't trying to get you arrested or beat up they have every right to complain or even push for privately owned platforms to not host your content."

lets forget for a second about the leftists going around splitting people's heads open with bike locks

are you ok with leftists shutting down speaking engagements for people with differing views?

I don't support violence but I am very much so apathetic towards a non violent protest resulting in an event being shut down. It's all free speech in my point of view and with the internet no amount of in person events being shut down can truly silence someone's opinion. 

how is it free speech when speech is suppressed?

would you be ok with catholics shutting down speaking engagements on research about the origins of the universe which contradict their worldview of earth being 6000 years old?

o_O.Q said:
collint0101 said:

I don't support violence but I am very much so apathetic towards a non violent protest resulting in an event being shut down. It's all free speech in my point of view and with the internet no amount of in person events being shut down can truly silence someone's opinion. 

would you be ok with catholics shutting down speaking engagements on research about the origins of the universe which contradict their worldview of earth being 6000 years old?

Like I said before freedom of speech only protects you from violence and the government not everyone else's speech. Also no amount of hypothetical Catholic protestors would prevent that information from eventually getting out. They could easily use a private venue where the have the legal right to remove all protestors that enter the event or simply post the information on the internet. 

sundin13 said:
o_O.Q said:

"Please, double down harder defending Alex Fucking Jones."

i didn't start this by defending alex jones, i cleared up a misconception that he is against liberal policy, when really alex jones is far more liberal than many of the leftists who criticise him

"Five-year-olds shouldn't be taught about heterosexual sex or homosexual sex or anything else."

you presumably disagree with this, may i ask why?

"So it's the state promoting pedophilia, because they're a bunch of pedophiles."

if people are mandating that children at the age of 5 must be taught about the mechanics of intercourse i'd say that there's something wrong with that in my view

its not explicitly pedophilia but i can understand his line of reasoning for using that word 

"I mean, look at all the pedophile scandals. I mean, it's pedophile scandals in the BBC, in the government, in the churches."

he's right about this

jimmy saville ring a bell? joe paterno? the catholic scandals?

"it's a cult of pedophiles trying to take everything over. That's it. They're on the side of the devil."

who is he referring to here? seems to me like he's referring to the people above and again he's right

the catholic church for example appears to be run by pedophiles and they are trying to gain control

you haven't really posted any evidence for your claims so i must conclude that you have none as i suspected

what is a "leather daddy"? btw

Remember that the question was asking him what his thoughts were on gay marriage. His answer is that gay marriage is a conspiracy by a secret cabal of pedophiles hellbent on fucking your children. To any sane person, pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question, however, this is how Alex Jones works. He is trying to create associations. He is saying that there is a connection here. He is trying to connect homosexuality with things such as pedophilia, globalism and the devil and it isn't because he thinks all of these things are good.

That said, the reason I'm not going into more detail is because I also know how you work. I'm wrapping up this conversation and leaving because I do not believe you are capable of anything resembling discussion.

"His answer is that gay marriage is a conspiracy by a secret cabal of pedophiles hellbent on fucking your children. "

that's not true read it again

he identifies situations where pedophiles have been caught, do you disagree with that?

and he claims that within these situations there is a movement to gain greater control, do you disagree with that?

"To any sane person, pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question"

really? you don't think pedophilia can be correlated to someone trying to speak about the mechanics of sex with children of the age of 5? 

maybe since i'm missing the wider context from your excerpt i missed something

i asked about this before and you haven't addressed this and to me its an important point to clarify

"He is trying to create associations. He is saying that there is a connection here."

it seems like essentially you are concluding his intent for him since you cannot explicitly do it from what he's actually said

"He is trying to connect homosexuality with things such as pedophilia, globalism and the devil"

first off i'd like to say that in the previous comment you called people who fuck cars out as sexual deviants which to me is just as bigoted a stance to take but regardless this is your conclusion, which is ok, its fine to have your own interpretations of things but you can't actually show me an explicit connection to what he's actually said can you?

"I do not believe you are capable of anything resembling discussion."

and this translates to... "well i can't actually show you evidence for my claim but you should go along with it anyway because i'm right"

sorry man that does not fly with me, i expect that if someone makes an assertion that they have to have something of substance to back that assertion

collint0101 said:
o_O.Q said:

Like I said before freedom of speech only protects you from violence and the government not everyone else's speech. Also no amount of hypothetical Catholic protestors would prevent that information from eventually getting out. They could easily use a private venue where the have the legal right to remove all protestors that enter the event or simply post the information on the internet. 

"Also no amount of hypothetical Catholic protestors would prevent that information from eventually getting out. "

lets say we lived in an era where they had the power to suppress that information as we have before for centuries

would you apply these principles consistently... i'm pretty you would not

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
collint0101 said:

"Also no amount of hypothetical Catholic protestors would prevent that information from eventually getting out. "

lets say we lived in an era where they had the power to suppress that information as we have before for centuries

We don't live in that era so what point? Even if we did protests are still protected speech

Last edited by collint0101 - on 30 March 2019

collint0101 said:
o_O.Q said:

We don't live in that era so what point? 

the point dude is that it could happen again and if your principles are consistent then we could reach a situation where scientific progress is impeded because you think its ok for people to shut down free speech

it seems to me like you don't have a problem with this speech being suppressed because you agree with the leftists and have no problem seeing their opposition being suppressed

but that's not a smart position to take because it can happen in the reverse direction as well

ideally what should happen is that we listen to both sides and weigh what is being said to make judgements of our reality, if the only side we hear from are those who think hierarchies for example need to be destroyed its very very bad, its just as bad as only hearing that hierarchies are perfect and should not be constrained in some way

o_O.Q said:

"To any sane person, pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question"

really? you don't think pedophilia can be correlated to someone trying to speak about the mechanics of sex with children of the age of 5? 

I know I said I was done, but I just want to say one more thing, because you demonstrated it so perfectly here. See, what Alex Jones largely does is draw lines between things. Often it isn't explicit, meaning that he may simply do it by mentioning things in close proximity, but I'd say that it is one of the main tactics that he uses.

On the other hand, you seem to do just about the opposite. Instead of providing relationships by contextualizing things together, you instead remove context. You take a tiny snippet of something and respond to it in a vacuum, as if the rest of what was said has no relation to that snippet. In my opinion, that seems to be what you are doing here. You have removed the part where I mentioned what the question was and took this tiny snippet in a vacuum. I say that pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question. If you were to acknowledge context, you would have to see that the question I was speaking of was the question "what do you think of gay marriage" (as I've said twice now) and acknowledge that no, pedophilia shouldn't be mentioned as a response. However, you omit that. Instead, you take only what was stated in this tiny snippet and say that pedophilia can be correlated to people explaining sex to children, but that wasn't the question. That has no real relevance here because it is something that Jones brought into the conversation in order to make the connection between pedophilia and homosexuality, however, if you decontextualize my statement enough, you can remove the context of what question is being discussed and fill it in with whatever is convenient for your (non)point.

Lets look at another one:

""I mean, look at all the pedophile scandals. I mean, it's pedophile scandals in the BBC, in the government, in the churches."

he's right about this

jimmy saville ring a bell? joe paterno? the catholic scandals?"

By removing the context here, you have twisted what is being discussed. I never took issue with the fact that pedophile scandals exist, but by dragging this quote out and discussing it in the absence of context, you can acknowledge it without its relation to the question at large. You can get around the pesky bits in which Alex Jones is using this as evidence that the government is pushing gay marriage in order to push pedophilia. By not addressing this as a part of a whole, you can eliminate the bits which make it controversial and act like I am an idiot for not being able to understand the obvious, but there is really nothing more here than sleight of hand and a very short memory.

o_O.Q said:
collint0101 said:

the point dude is that it could happen again and if your principles are consistent then we could reach a situation where scientific progress is impeded because you think its ok for people to shut down free speech

it seems to me like you don't have a problem with this speech being suppressed because you agree with the leftists and have no problem seeing their opposition being suppressed

but that's not a smart position to take because it can happen in the reverse direction as well

ideally what should happen is that we listen to both sides and weigh what is being said to make judgements of our reality, if the only side we hear from are those who think hierarchies for example need to be destroyed its very very bad, its just as bad as only hearing that hierarchies are perfect and should not be constrained in some way

That era doesn't exist anymore and we're not going back to it. The only way to actually prevent information from spreading would be to regulate the internet which simply isn't happening because that legitimately would be a freedom of speech violation. Your entire argument is about hypotheticals and what if scenarios. There's always going to be a worse or crazier what if situation but practically speaking it's not going to happen

sundin13 said:
o_O.Q said:

I know I said I was done, but I just want to say one more thing, because you demonstrated it so perfectly here. See, what Alex Jones largely does is draw lines between things. Often it isn't explicit, meaning that he may simply do it by mentioning things in close proximity, but I'd say that it is one of the main tactics that he uses.

On the other hand, you seem to do just about the opposite. Instead of providing relationships by contextualizing things together, you instead remove context. You take a tiny snippet of something and respond to it in a vacuum, as if the rest of what was said has no relation to that snippet. In my opinion, that seems to be what you are doing here. You have removed the part where I mentioned what the question was and took this tiny snippet in a vacuum. I say that pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question. If you were to acknowledge context, you would have to see that the question I was speaking of was the question "what do you think of gay marriage" (as I've said twice now) and acknowledge that no, pedophilia shouldn't be mentioned as a response. However, you omit that. Instead, you take only what was stated in this tiny snippet and say that pedophilia can be correlated to people explaining sex to children, but that wasn't the question. That has no real relevance here because it is something that Jones brought into the conversation in order to make the connection between pedophilia and homosexuality, however, if you decontextualize my statement enough, you can remove the context of what question is being discussed and fill it in with whatever is convenient for your (non)point.

Lets look at another one:

""I mean, look at all the pedophile scandals. I mean, it's pedophile scandals in the BBC, in the government, in the churches."

he's right about this

jimmy saville ring a bell? joe paterno? the catholic scandals?"

By removing the context here, you have twisted what is being discussed. I never took issue with the fact that pedophile scandals exist, but by dragging this quote out and discussing it in the absence of context, you can acknowledge it without its relation to the question at large. You can get around the pesky bits in which Alex Jones is using this as evidence that the government is pushing gay marriage in order to push pedophilia. By not addressing this as a part of a whole, you can eliminate the bits which make it controversial and act like I am an idiot for not being able to understand the obvious, but there is really nothing more here than sleight of hand and a very short memory.

"I say that pedophilia shouldn't ever come up in response to that question. If you were to acknowledge context, you would have to see that the question I was speaking of was the question "what do you think of gay marriage""

you didn't provide the full context ironically, what you posted was his response and yes his response seemed fair to me, can you post the full conversation? i'd assume it was a video correct?

because if you are going to talk about context the whole conversation at least before his reply is relevant

"you take only what was stated in this tiny snippet and say that pedophilia can be correlated to people explaining sex to children, but that wasn't the question."

sure it wasn't the question but people ramble away from the original point of a question all the time, its pretty disingenuous to take an instance of someone doing that and pretend that a firm conclusion can be made based on that 

and beyond that as i have said you have not provided the full context, did jones and the interviewer bring up pedophilia before hand? what exactly were they discussing beyond gay marriage? as you said yourself all of this relevant right?

"That has no real relevance here because it is something that Jones brought into the conversation in order to make the connection between pedophilia and homosexuality"

which is an assertion that you cannot prove but ok

"You can get around the pesky bits in which Alex Jones is using this as evidence that the government is pushing gay marriage in order to push pedophilia"

he points out that the government has pushed gay marriage which is a good thing and that they have pushed for policies that can be related to pedophilia, he didn't make the connection between the two of them you did