By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 16 March 2019

I suspected that PS4 would be on topic this week knowing that switch didn’t do 70k in japan. On another note, the switch hit 3 million for the year

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
I suspected that PS4 would be on topic this week knowing that switch didn’t do 70k in japan. On another note, the switch hit 3 million for the year

So switch is gonna maybe be at 18.5mil fro the fiscal year?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
MasonADC said:

So switch is gonna maybe be at 18.5mil fro the fiscal year?

I would be shocked if it isn’t 

Switch isn't the best performer here it's the ps4 in its 6th year. Yes 6th year

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Wow those PlayStation 4 sales, that system that came out on the month of November (15 for NA and 29 for PAL) in the year of 2013, and a later release in Japan on Feb 2014, with still such a strong performance in the year 2019, almost 6 years.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

Playstation will become the dynasty under the TV

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Japan has been the reason why Switch has been selling more than PS4 for weeks this year. It is the difference maker. Take it out or make the Switch numbers equal with PS4 and PS4 would be outselling it every week.

Note: I don't care for the PS4. Just stating the obvious that this is more impressive for PS4 with how old it is.

Skeeuk said:

But by the looks of it, this will be one of the last times it can achieve that, needing both critically acclaimed releases and a pricecut in japan to edge out a Switch without anything notable at all. Still, it's doing great for it's age.

One Super Mario Maker 2 rolls out and the slew of summer/fall releases start boosting Switch sales, I don't think the PS4 will be able to pass the Switch anytime again unless with some very big release (like a TLOU for instance) at a slower week for the Switch.

I think that the people in this thread who are saying the PS4 is 6 years old would enjoy this video a lot and even learn while watching it! 

State Of Play really boosted the PS4.

Good for them just like directs always boosted Nintendo hardware.