By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Godzilla King Of The Monsters -Beautiful- Official Trailer(WB)

WB just dropped a new trailer for King Of The Monsters and man this is my movie of the year. It looks so awesome,especially as someone who grew up on the Toho films and loves the franchise. Careful though for people that want to go in blind into this movie,this trailer shows A LOT of footage,A LOT and some pretty big stuff. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

No expectations. Thought Godzilla 2014 was mediocre at best, and Kong: Skull Island was garbage. The hope is there, but I'm so very ready to be disappointed by this. Unless I get dragged out to the theater, I'll probably wait for streaming.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
No expectations. Thought Godzilla 2014 was mediocre at best, and Kong: Skull Island was garbage. The hope is there, but I'm so very ready to be disappointed by this. Unless I get dragged out to the theater, I'll probably wait for streaming.

As a long time Toho fan I can't see how I'll be disappointed. But I feel you on G14 and how you could see that was medicore. Imo they played too much of the hide and seek game and it drug on a little too long, especially the cut away scenes. That annoyed me quite a lot. But yeah for G19 if you don't want to go the theaters, streaming is always the next best thing, hopefully you enjoy this one. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
COKTOE said:

As a long time Toho fan I can't see how I'll be disappointed. But I feel you on G14 and how you could see that was medicore. Imo they played too much of the hide and seek game and it drug on a little too long, especially the cut away scenes. That annoyed me quite a lot. But yeah for G19 if you don't want to go the theaters, streaming is always the next best thing, hopefully you enjoy this one. 

If by hide and seek, and cut away scenes, you're referring to the way a Godzilla sequence would be beginning, and the movie would cut away to somebody picking blueberries or whatever, then I couldn't agree more. When what was essentially the start of the final battle was kicking off, and they AGAIN decided to cut away from the Godzilla action by having what's-her-face close the shelter door behind her, I busted out laughing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Is this a sequel to 2014?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Is this a sequel to 2014?

Yes. It's also in a "shared universe" with the Kong: Skull Island movie.

I enjoyed G14 but definitley will say, it took way to long to get to the star of the show. I was very satisfied with Kong. From a person who grew up watching these movies when I was a kid, its good t see them back on screen. I will not watch any more trailers for King of the Monsters because I am already sold on this movie.

This is gonna be an IMAX showing for me.

I loved the two previous trailers, but this one wasn't that great. I hope to God they don't play up the cheesey jokes/quips, like the intimidation (in another recent trailer) and the damn straight lines. I also hope they don't keep repeating the theme about it being Godzilla's world/us joining him. The one line from Wantanabe about us being his "pets" was great, but now we have four other lines repeating the same basic thing in one trailer. Once is enough. Anymore than that and it makes it feel like the director thinks we're freaking stupid and don't get it.