By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy VII finally available on a Nintendo platform

Jumpin said:
HollyGamer said:

Out of Topic , the modded version on PC are amazing . The background art resolution has been enhanced using an AI neuron tech and even better then the original remaster/PC/PS platform/other console that look  the same, with super low quality resolution 

https://www.pcgamer.com/ai-neural-networks-are-giving-final-fantasy-7-a-makeover/

Back to Topic, congratulation  for whoever waiting this games coming to Nintendo platform for 22 years. This remind me of the 90's era where Nintendo fans was disappointed by  Square (before it was joint by Enix) . It was a big announcement and a sign that PS1 will beat nintendo 64 to the ground. Also many journalist was blaming Nintendo because the reason is the are using cartridge. I do hope it released on Switch cartridge tho because it will shows how far the tech has evolve from having limited space to current tech with a lot of space.  

I'm a Nintendo fan and even I blame Nintendo on this one. Specifically, the very bad decision making by Yamauchi in the time of the N64 caused tremendous and irreversible damage with exclusive second and third parties. To lose Square the way he did was a TREMENDOUS failure, in 1995 no one would have dreamed that would EVER be the case. I think what really put me on the "blame Nintendo" side was how Yamauchi was a dick to RPG fans; I mean, I was still a Nintendo fan, I wasn't personally offended, but I saw where the blame clearly was. The thought I had was "Oh, Yamauchi's an asshole, that's why we lost the third parties developing my favourite genre."

On the screenshots, I would LOVE the second one (the one on the right). The semi-realistic character dimensions don't look right to me, so I would prefer models more closely resembling the originals. I wish Square would put these updates through to the official versions.

I think the third one are the battle models (or least something close to them) used for the map instead of the square hands one the original had.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network

double post (please delete)



Jumpin said:

I'm a Nintendo fan and even I blame Nintendo on this one. Specifically, the very bad decision making by Yamauchi in the time of the N64 caused tremendous and irreversible damage with exclusive second and third parties. To lose Square the way he did was a TREMENDOUS failure, in 1995 no one would have dreamed that would EVER be the case. I think what really put me on the "blame Nintendo" side was how Yamauchi was a dick to RPG fans; I mean, I was still a Nintendo fan, I wasn't personally offended, but I saw where the blame clearly was. The thought I had was "Oh, Yamauchi's an asshole, that's why we lost the third parties developing my favourite genre."

On the screenshots, I would LOVE the second one (the one on the right). The semi-realistic character dimensions don't look right to me, so I would prefer models more closely resembling the originals. I wish Square would put these updates through to the official versions.

Yeah, i heard many people blame him i was actually close enough to buy N64 until FF7  released on PS1 then that's when i start my first experience with PS brand and in love with it. 

But actually if Square released the full 3d version of FFVI (it was showed on the demo prototype of FFVII on N64 demo tech) i will buy N64 instead. But all in the past Nintendo learned the hard way. LOL so much memories and funny thing on 90's console war drama.

Yeah hope Square re released the enhanced background version on console, but i will not put money on it , because Square is soo efing lazy this day.  Also for the info FF9 have the same treatment , they also have enhanced version on it. I f you play on PC just try it.  https://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-9-receives-an-esrgan-ai-enhanced-beta-hd-texture-pack-available-for-download/



HollyGamer said:
Jumpin said:

I'm a Nintendo fan and even I blame Nintendo on this one. Specifically, the very bad decision making by Yamauchi in the time of the N64 caused tremendous and irreversible damage with exclusive second and third parties. To lose Square the way he did was a TREMENDOUS failure, in 1995 no one would have dreamed that would EVER be the case. I think what really put me on the "blame Nintendo" side was how Yamauchi was a dick to RPG fans; I mean, I was still a Nintendo fan, I wasn't personally offended, but I saw where the blame clearly was. The thought I had was "Oh, Yamauchi's an asshole, that's why we lost the third parties developing my favourite genre."

On the screenshots, I would LOVE the second one (the one on the right). The semi-realistic character dimensions don't look right to me, so I would prefer models more closely resembling the originals. I wish Square would put these updates through to the official versions.

Yeah, i heard many people blame him i was actually close enough to buy N64 until FF7  released on PS1 then that's when i start my first experience with PS brand and in love with it. 

But actually if Square released the full 3d version of FFVI (it was showed on the demo prototype of FFVII on N64 demo tech) i will buy N64 instead. But all in the past Nintendo learned the hard way. LOL so much memories and funny thing on 90's console war drama.

Yeah hope Square re released the enhanced background version on console, but i will not put money on it , because Square is soo efing lazy this day.  Also for the info FF9 have the same treatment , they also have enhanced version on it. I f you play on PC just try it.  https://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-9-receives-an-esrgan-ai-enhanced-beta-hd-texture-pack-available-for-download/

I found the FF VII remaster quite bland and uninteresting, while FF IX was quite pleasant remaster.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Replicant said:
killeryoshis said:

Out of all the consoles I have 100% of them are Nintendo consoles. So what do you think?

Do you guys not have phones?



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
*muffled trumpets*

What’s up with this? I heard the same kind of thing for FFIX, i.e. game-freezing bugs straight fro: the iOS version. Square is cashing in hard, and now I don’t know whether to buy these ugly HD remakes or just download the PSX versions from the Sony store.

Very glad to see some classic Final Fantasies arriving on Nintendo, but very frustrated by the laziness. I am a console peasant, not a mobile cro-magnon.



I'm an hour in and liking it so far, but god damn I forgot how ugly the early 3D era was. These characters look like something out of a nightmare. The music, atmosphere and story make up for it though.



RingoGaSuki said:
I'm an hour in and liking it so far, but god damn I forgot how ugly the early 3D era was. These characters look like something out of a nightmare. The music, atmosphere and story make up for it though.

They probably look at us and think we're ugly too =D



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'll buy it eventually but my backlog is out of control and a multi-hour RPG is not going to help matters



Nothing to see here, move along

melbye said:
I'll buy it eventually but my backlog is out of control and a multi-hour RPG is not going to help matters

There are few mono-hour RPGs =D



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.