By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy VII finally available on a Nintendo platform

melbye said:
I'll buy it eventually but my backlog is out of control and a multi-hour RPG is not going to help matters

There are few mono-hour RPGs =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

This is cool from a symbolic sort of standpoint, but practically speaking I don't really have a need for this any time soon., especially since I still have like 80% of Octopath to experience. I've never been much for the more traditional turn based JRPGs, and my tastes have continually sort of shifted in the direction of more Western and more action-based RPGs with real time combat (Secret of Mana, Tales, Grandia II, Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc).

But my friends always rave about this game, so it definitly does pique my interest, as does FFVIII & IX.

Though if anything, I feel like I should experience FFIII first (Western version) before delving into the Playstation FF games.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

This is cool from a symbolic sort of standpoint, but practically speaking I don't really have a need for this any time soon., especially since I still have like 80% of Octopath to experience. I've never been much for the more traditional turn based JRPGs, and my tastes have continually sort of shifted in the direction of more Western and more action-based RPGs with real time combat (Secret of Mana, Tales, Grandia II, Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc).

But my friends always rave about this game, so it definitly does pique my interest, as does FFVIII & IX.

Though if anything, I feel like I should experience FFIII first (Western version) before delving into the Playstation FF games.

Grandia 2's battle system is an active time battle system based on Final Fantasy, including FF7.

RingoGaSuki said:
I'm an hour in and liking it so far, but god damn I forgot how ugly the early 3D era was. These characters look like something out of a nightmare. The music, atmosphere and story make up for it though.

I always thought that Lego looked at the FF7 character models and thought about sueing , having said that I was impressed with the battle scene characters and thought they better suited the characters than the full CGI character models.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

This game is incredible. I've been watching a lot of videos about Sephiroth and Jenova.

I'm wondering about the scene when Sephiroth removes "Jenova" from her placement. And she's actually within a tank behind "her". I'm wondering, any experts know what that thing was, that looked like a robot in front of Jenova, which Sephiroth pulled apart? It looked like it had some fluids in it.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Azelover said:
This game is incredible. I've been watching a lot of videos about Sephiroth and Jenova.

I'm wondering about the scene when Sephiroth removes "Jenova" from her placement. And she's actually within a tank behind "her". I'm wondering, any experts know what that thing was, that looked like a robot in front of Jenova, which Sephiroth pulled apart? It looked like it had some fluids in it.

to hide the monstrosity , no one wants to look at the corpse of a dead alien conserved in a tank , its disgusting xD

it was probably because it looks fucking cool :P

Ah, I see.

You know, but this is the thing that is confusing to me. I've heard some people say that she's sleeping, or hibernating. But you mentioned that she's dead. Spoilers now people.. Sephiroth uses her body to carry on his deeds. So I guess she's probably just sleeping, no?

Azelover said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

to hide the monstrosity , no one wants to look at the corpse of a dead alien conserved in a tank , its disgusting xD

it was probably because it looks fucking cool :P

Ah, I see.

You know, but this is the thing that is confusing to me. I've heard some people say that she's sleeping, or hibernating. But you mentioned that she's dead. Spoilers now people.. Sephiroth uses her body to carry on his deeds. So I guess she's probably just sleeping, no?

As an organism she's dead, but her cells still have functionality (to be honest, this is probably leftovers of Tetsuya Takahashi's and Soraya Saga's writing).

So think of her as a multicellular organism made up of independent cells. The cells don't behave like ordinary cells, but rather like a virus (that is, they alter DNA and RNA in order to synthesize a new type of lifeform); unlike a Virus, I don't think Jenova's cells are bent on rampant replication, but instead seek to reunite with the main Jenova body, bringing back to the new organisms to merge into the Jenova being. It's a form of consumption and assimilation. Sephiroth (the "son" of Jenova) is a human who has been infused with Jenova cells.

Monsters are also the result of Jenova cells mutating existing creatures into new aggressive species. Think of Jenova as a more highly developed Lavos concept, but a less developed Deus (Xenogears) concept.

Jumpin said:
Azelover said:

Ah, I see.

As an organism she's dead, but her cells still have functionality (to be honest, this is probably leftovers of Tetsuya Takahashi's and Soraya Saga's writing).

So think of her as a multicellular organism made up of independent cells. The cells don't behave like ordinary cells, but rather like a virus (that is, they alter DNA and RNA in order to synthesize a new type of lifeform); unlike a Virus, I don't think Jenova's cells are bent on rampant replication, but instead seek to reunite with the main Jenova body, bringing back to the new organisms to merge into the Jenova being. It's a form of consumption and assimilation. Sephiroth (the "son" of Jenova) is a human who has been infused with Jenova cells.

Monsters are also the result of Jenova cells mutating existing creatures into new aggressive species. Think of Jenova as a more highly developed Lavos concept, but a less developed Deus (Xenogears) concept.

Wow! Thank you so much explaining. This is fascinating.

It sounds like Jenova was incredibly powerful. I remember near the end of the original VII, I fought a version of Jenova, that was likely many of these organisms together into a new being.

I played the game when I was very young, but I couldn't understand it very well at first. So only now am I actually comprehending these details.

I can't wait for VII Remake!!

Yeah, she was responsible for the destruction of the Ancients (Cetra) civilization. Their ruins are through the game, but especially in the North.

I am curious about the FF7 remake based on its expanded material; but considering much of the design writing staff works for Square any longer, I have my doubts that the game will be in the same spirit as the original. Additionally, those that still remain may not have the same mindset as they did before -- similar to what happened with Chrono Trigger DS's expanded material being more about linking the game to Chrono Cross rather than expanding the original concept; I felt they sacrificed the artistic integrity of the original Chrono Trigger in order to maintain the misfired sequel's canon (I apologize for the homonym pun) -- it is like if in a Gandhi remake they made him survive the assassination attempt in order to line up with UHF's Gandhi 2; and there was really no need to include that stuff, they could have easily maintained the tragic mystery of Schala's demise... ANYWAY, I sure as hell hope Square doesn't do something like add in "Aeris didn't actually die" stuff.

Retail version is what I want to see.