By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Moren said:

The bitter pill to swallow for progressives is that Democrat Primary voters tend to like the Democratic party. Hello Somebody just had to learn that the hard way.

Similar to Rep voters, they will rarely change even if polices hurt them, it is a generational thing, the younger voters tend to be much more flexible and policy driven, but really don't come out to vote in numbers due in part to work/study commitments/timetables, but it can be a fun day out for senior voters  

Last edited by Rab - on 05 August 2021

Around the Network

One of the few Republicans willing to speak out against his own party, this may not bode well for his re-election, but damn is it needed 

Rab said:
Moren said:

The bitter pill to swallow for progressives is that Democrat Primary voters tend to like the Democratic party. Hello Somebody just had to learn that the hard way.

Similar to Rep voters, they will rarely change even if polices hurt them, it is a generational thing, the younger voters tend to be much more flexible and policy driven, but really don't come out to vote in numbers due in part to work/study commitments/timetables, but it can be a fun day out for senior voters  

Excuses are only good for the people who make them.  Its the reason why the senior and Christian vote is prized among conservatives.  See, those people are motivated all the time.  The young have to much going like parting, having fun other commitments that they feel are more important until they find out their voice is not heard or cared for because they do not vote.

Then their is that mentality that their way is the only way.  Lol, such naïve thinking.  They will try to tear down the existing establishment believing that is the way forward but find out that telling people my way is better without listening will always fail.  Its like telling Trump supporters they are stupid for supporting him but then be surprise that 70+ million voted for him for a second term.

Progressives have been losing a lot and its not about their policy, its about their approach.  Jaicee pretty much hit it right on the nose.  You do not gain support by trying to tell people they are stupid for what they believe, you need to show them a better way and that requires wins.  Slandering the other side when you need their vote is never a sound solution.

Machiavellian said:
Rab said:

Excuses are only good for the people who make them.  Its the reason why the senior and Christian vote is prized among conservatives.  See, those people are motivated all the time.  The young have to much going like parting, having fun other commitments that they feel are more important until they find out their voice is not heard or cared for because they do not vote.

Then their is that mentality that their way is the only way.  Lol, such naïve thinking.  They will try to tear down the existing establishment believing that is the way forward but find out that telling people my way is better without listening will always fail.  Its like telling Trump supporters they are stupid for supporting him but then be surprise that 70+ million voted for him for a second term.

Progressives have been losing a lot and its not about their policy, its about their approach.  Jaicee pretty much hit it right on the nose.  You do not gain support by trying to tell people they are stupid for what they believe, you need to show them a better way and that requires wins.  Slandering the other side when you need their vote is never a sound solution.

Valid points overall

But it is difficult and highly frustrating to be patient and measured long enough to maybe get short-sighted/obstinate people to vote for policies that are ultimately for everyone's benefit, some changes have been waiting decades to materialise, it is particularly galling when it comes to the Climate Crisis, which has virtually no time left to act and the sense of urgency is so immediate, it really feels like we have no time for niceties now, it's everyone to the emergency exit time

Ultimately it's the failed system that keeps re-electing poorly equipped politicians with really no qualification to govern using evidence/science based policies unlike in almost any other profession particularly one that has the well-being of all citizens at stake, it is such a risky system of governance            

Last edited by Rab - on 09 August 2021

Another Progressive is giving it a go, as usual receiving no funds from large PACs, only small individual donations, Jessica Cisneros Announces her Texas Run

We will see if the Dem Establishment moves in with it's counter candidate and PAC money

Around the Network

Speaking of Moderates moving in on Progressive candidates, the moderate Conor Lamb (Current House Member who I do not like) announced that he would be running for the seat that Toomey will be vacating in 2022. Prior to this, it seemed as if the fairly progressive John Fetterman (Current Lt Governor) was the favorite for the Dem primary.

I looked around Twitter for a bit after Lamb announced his run, and Twitter seems to hate Fetterman. Not sure if it is manufactured or real, but Fetterman has one particular incident which is a pretty big black mark for him:

In 2013, while serving as Mayor, he heard what he believed as gunshots and saw a black man running, and proceeded to hold him at gunpoint until the police arrived. Turns out the guy was just jogging and the "shots" were actually fireworks. Comes a little too close to the Ahmaud Arbery killing for my liking.

Still, if it were just between Fetterman and Lamb, I would vote for Fetterman based on what I know, but I don't know any of the other candidates too well, so I'm curious if anyone else has been following this race.

Rab said:

Another Progressive is giving it a go, as usual receiving no funds from large PACs, only small individual donations, Jessica Cisneros Announces her Texas Run

We will see if the Dem Establishment moves in with it's counter candidate and PAC money

Sucks to be her, then. She should be doing more to secure funding. That's a critically important part of American electoral politics. Most large organizations are willing to donate money to candidates supporting good community policy even if only for the virtue signal.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 07 August 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Rab said:

Sucks to be her, then. She should be doing more to secure funding. That's a critically important part of American electoral politics. Most large organizations are willing to donate money to candidates supporting good community policy even if only for the virtue signal.

Progressives have this as policy, they avoid any Corp PAC money due to their corrupting influences on policy making, they feel only the people should have any influence on politicians and how the country is ultimately governed for the greater good 

Most other Western Governments have very strong rules controlling the influence of big money in politics, the US is quite unique in this regard as it allows lobbing at all levels to influence politicians  

Powerful individuals/Corps/Orgs (e.g. Gun Lobby) do have an incredibly long lasting and corrupting influence in US society 

Last edited by Rab - on 07 August 2021

I thought this was interesting concerning Joe Rogan and his show.  This is a classic case of when someone takes pieces of information to support their opinion without actually knowing what they are talking about.  We see this a lot especially in today's media where uninformed people throw out misinformation concerning a subject they really have no strong understanding of.

https://www.complex.com/life/scientist-behind-misconstrued-vaccine-study-slams-joe-rogan/joe-rogan-vaccine-misinformation-podcast

After her defeat in the Ohio Democratic Primary to Republican backed Democrat Shontel Brown, the progressive Nina Turner may run for the Senate in Ohio currently held by a Republican, we wont know until she makes an announcement on her future plans mid-September, she is very upbeat which is great to see 

Last edited by Rab - on 11 August 2021