By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'll just leave this video about storming the capitol here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjRXO72v1s

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Trump has been permanently banned from Twitter: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-capitol-impeachment-joe-biden-election-coronavirus-covid-live-updates

It would seem there are consequences for inciting a mob to storm congress. I'm sure the usual suspects will claim this is a violation of free speech, but sites like Twitter do not owe Trump a platform, especially if he's going to misuse it to incite violence and insurrection.

Still a shitty thing to do considering the other crap they allow on there. i.e. the Chinese post with the fake beheading still on there causing hate speech amongst the respondents.  

I hope it sets a precedent and leads to more BS being banned.

vivster said:
Pemalite said:

Lets be realistic here... Trump was elected for the people, by the people.
Everything that has occurred over the last 4 years is the United States own fault, they voted for this.

Very hard disagree here.

The United States has NOT voted for Trump, a minority did. The system has been fucked over for decades by a minority. Fucked up in a way that lets the minority rule and disenfranchises everyone else. Every part in the US system, the economy, education, welfare, politics, everything is rigged up in a way that lets a minority rule while filling the people's brains with lies and propaganda to make them believe it's perfect that way. The American people are the victims here. That includes the majority of Republican voters wo have been brainwashed the most. They are living one of the worst lives but have been programmed to believe that it cannot be better or that a better life would be somehow worse for them.

Trump was elected by the American democratic process, which started off with 10's of millions of Americans voting and eventually resulted in Trump being in office.
There was a long campaign to accrue those votes to gain the support of the electors who in turn put Trump in the whitehouse.

In short, the US has no one else but themselves to blame.

vivster said:

If you want to blame someone then try the rich elites.

Trump is a rich elite?

vivster said:

The average US citizen is not stupider or smarter than the average European citizen. We're all humans. The difference is the cult-like propaganda and the deprivation of education and support from the day they are born. Some are lucky enough to acquire the necessary tools to be able to break out of the cycle, but a lot of people are not.

Saying it's the people's fault is like saying it's the depressed person's fault for killing themselves.

Good thing I am neither a US or European citizen.

And some nations are smarter than others as they have inherently a superior educational system.

The people voted for this, it is their own fault.
And the people need to learn from this circus act and ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

Peh said:

LMAO @ Eric,

This is the thought process of some trump supporters.... "Of course we didn't break in, it was all Antifa. Here look at our fake evidence". And the crowd goes with it. You should look up "confirmation bias". One of the driving forces for conspiracy theorist.

It is always a conspiracy.
It is always someone elses fault.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

vivster said:
Pemalite said:

Lets be realistic here... Trump was elected for the people, by the people.
Everything that has occurred over the last 4 years is the United States own fault, they voted for this.

The United States has NOT voted for Trump, a minority did.

Barely.  I mean let us not sugar coat this.  Tens of millions of people voted for Trump, and while he had the minority of the vote, it wasn't by much.  In 2016 Trump received roughly 49% of the popular vote.  In 2020 Trump received roughly 47% of the vote.  So do not pretend a small portion of the country supports Trump.  Damn near half the country supports him, so yes this is absolutely 100% the fault of Americans.  There is no spin.  

The reason Trump gained power is almost singularly tied to religion.  Half the country wants abortion banned and wants gay marriage stopped.  Trump was (probably still is) popular because of the Supreme Nominees everybody knew he would put forward.  ~Half the country, due to religion, would never vote democrat regardless of how bad the republican candidate is.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 January 2021

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

"For people who actually read"

- "Others are kinda suspect as well, and yes, I've seen the 'fact checks'."

Guess I was giving you too much credit then. So you read that you were wrong and still wanted to share that with the community? Just felt like wasting people's time?

This great Imgur post proves it wasn't an Antifa sting, but a QAnon nutjob at the Capitol insurgency and the Repugs are once again hard at work with their disinformation (or, as they say, "Fake News") campaign.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
vivster said:

Very hard disagree here.

The United States has NOT voted for Trump, a minority did. The system has been fucked over for decades by a minority. Fucked up in a way that lets the minority rule and disenfranchises everyone else. Every part in the US system, the economy, education, welfare, politics, everything is rigged up in a way that lets a minority rule while filling the people's brains with lies and propaganda to make them believe it's perfect that way. The American people are the victims here. That includes the majority of Republican voters wo have been brainwashed the most. They are living one of the worst lives but have been programmed to believe that it cannot be better or that a better life would be somehow worse for them.

Trump was elected by the American democratic process, which started off with 10's of millions of Americans voting and eventually resulted in Trump being in office.
There was a long campaign to accrue those votes to gain the support of the electors who in turn put Trump in the whitehouse.

In short, the US has no one else but themselves to blame.

vivster said:

If you want to blame someone then try the rich elites.

Trump is a rich elite?

vivster said:

The average US citizen is not stupider or smarter than the average European citizen. We're all humans. The difference is the cult-like propaganda and the deprivation of education and support from the day they are born. Some are lucky enough to acquire the necessary tools to be able to break out of the cycle, but a lot of people are not.

Saying it's the people's fault is like saying it's the depressed person's fault for killing themselves.

Good thing I am neither a US or European citizen.

And some nations are smarter than others as they have inherently a superior educational system.

The people voted for this, it is their own fault.
And the people need to learn from this circus act and ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

Hillary had 3 million more votes than Trump. So the majority of people people obviously did not want Trump to be President. That doesn't even consider the millions of democratic votes that couldn't be cast in the first place thanks to decades of voter suppression policies.

Trump is not the rich elite rigging the system. He probably doesn't even have enough money to lobby. He is just benefitting from decades of corporations and their bought politicians rigging the system for them and against everyone else.

Holy shit, what kind of bigotry is that? Just because they are deprived of education and a necessary support structure through the state they DESERVE their fate? You probably want people in the poorest countries to die as well? I mean it's their fault that their country doesn't provide them with education and resources, right? Dude, come off your privileged horse. Even if you don't believe that Republicans are victims too that still leaves more than half of the country not wanting a Trump presidency. So where do you get off claiming that they ALL deserved this??

You said it yourself, you have had the luxury of good education. And you use that to denigrate people who haven't had that same luxury? Apparently they don't teach compassion and empathy in Australia. If you weren't a mod and I'd be 100% sure that my report will go unheeded, I'd report you for this bullshit.

Chrkeller said:
vivster said:

The United States has NOT voted for Trump, a minority did.

Barely.  I mean let us not sugar coat this.  Tens of millions of people voted for Trump, and while he had the minority of the vote, it wasn't by much.  In 2016 Trump received roughly 49% of the popular vote.  In 2020 Trump received roughly 47% of the vote.  So do not pretend a small portion of the country supports Trump.  Damn near half the country supports him, so yes this is absolutely 100% the fault of Americans.  There is no spin.  

The reason Trump gained power is almost singularly tied to religion.  Half the country wants abortion banned and wants gay marriage stopped.  Trump was (probably still is) popular because of the Supreme Nominees everybody knew he would put forward.  ~Half the country, due to religion, would never vote democrat regardless of how bad the republican candidate is.  

As I said, I consider most of the Republicans as victims too. They don't actually want what the Republicans want, they just don't understand the consequences. They have been brainwashed their whole lives. I mean you can probably agree that people cheering for their own demise aren't doing it on purpose.

Does that mean we shouldn't fight them? Of course not. While they are also victims they still stand in our and their own way. You don't have to pity them if you don't want to but we need to understand that those people weren't born that way. They were raised that way. And that means even if we can't save them we can still try to save future generations from themselves.

Last edited by vivster - on 09 January 2021

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I can't tell people who to vote for. The foundation of this country is freedom. And yes, mathematically Trump had the minority of the vote, but you are come across as believing the minority that supports Trump is small. It isn't. He just got 47% of the vote in 2020. Frankly,  if it weren't for covid we would have given the man a second term.

Just accept this country, roughly half, does support Trump. We did this to ourselves, given nobody was forced to vote for him.

This especially true since the dangers of Trump was predicted since day 1, and this country still asked for it.

Chrkeller said:

I can't tell people who to vote for. The foundation of this country is freedom. And yes, mathematically Trump had the minority of the vote, but you are come across as believing the minority that supports Trump is small. It isn't. He just got 47% of the vote in 2020. Frankly,  if it weren't for covid we would have given the man a second term.

Just accept this country, roughly half, does support Trump. We did this to ourselves, given nobody was forced to vote for him.

This especially true since the dangers of Trump was predicted since day 1, and this country still asked for it.

Two things.

First, the closeness of the races is not the full picture. The country isn't divided exactly in half. Those are only the people who vote. There are tens of millions of people who don't or cannot vote due to a myriad of reasons. If they were voting things would look a lot different. A riled up cultist is a lot more likely to vote than a disillusioned or disenfranchised person. The results are ALWAYS skewed towards republicans. Partly because they designed it to be and partly because of lazy and spineless democratic politicians. The voters did not design or request it. They are just the ones suffering the consequences.

Just because people aren't "forced" to do what they do, doesn't mean that they weren't heavily influenced or that they grasp the consequences of their actions. And just because it's a "free" country, which it is not btw, doesn't mean that people should not be stopped from hurting themselves and others.

Again, do you truly believe that the people who vote Republican realize that they're hurting themselves and the country? They don't do it out of their own volition, they do it because they've been taught to do it by others. You don't suddenly wake up and think you should support assholes like Trump. You mentioned religion, which is pretty much the same thing. You aren't born religious. Religious people don't realize how they're screwing up the world.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I know for a fact most of my extended family voted for Trump and they are college educated, wealthy, smart people. They willfully voted for a president who would appoint judges who take a harsh stance against abortion. You are completely under selling the values half the country holds dear. You just are.  And yes, they voted 100% out of their volition.

Chrkeller said:

I know for a fact most of my extended family voted for Trump and they are college educated, smart people. They voted because they a president who would appoint judges who take a harsh stance against abortion was their biggest desire. You are completely under selling the values half the country holds dear. You just are.

Tell me where did they got those values from?

Also, you're overselling "college educated".