By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hiku said:
vivster said:

Actually the thought that it could have been made up by the police didn't even cross my mind. A Trump cultist tasing himself is just that easy to imagine.

Well, I guess it might explain this image of a man foaming from his mouth.

This picture sums up why I said what I said before. Hard to take it serious when this is the pinnacle of the attack lol. I bet the old lady had no clue where she was and escaped from a nursing home lol.

On a serious note, I really hope after Trump and Biden the American people finally unite as one and start putting in people that are normal lol

Around the Network
vivster said:
Chrkeller said:

I know for a fact most of my extended family voted for Trump and they are college educated, smart people. They voted because they a president who would appoint judges who take a harsh stance against abortion was their biggest desire. You are completely under selling the values half the country holds dear. You just are.

Tell me where did they got those values from?

Also, you're overselling "college educated".

Same place I got mine.  We all have different values and opinions.  Trump reflects the values half the country holds.  

Look, I don't want to argue all morning, I would rather play games. But the idea people in this country (fyi, I live here) didn't know what they were voting for is wrong. Everybody knew Trump had a giant ego, was reckless and uncontrollable. Half the country still supports him over a democrat because of their person values, such as:

1) Getting rid of Obamacare

2) Judges against aborption

3) Deregulation

4) Judges who are pro second amendment

5) Reduction of environmental laws

6) Tax breaks for corporations

7) Tax reduction on investments

8) Protection for Confederate monuments

The list goes on and on. People voted for Trump because he stands for what they believe in. Don't under sell the values that half Americans hold.

Well, THAT escalated quickly.

They need to charge Trump with sedition/treason on top of his tax evasion charges once he leaves office.

Chrkeller said:

Look, I don't want to argue all morning, I would rather play games. But the idea people in this country (fyi, I live here) didn't know what they were voting for is wrong. Everybody knew Trump had a giant ego, was reckless and uncontrollable. Half the country still supports him over a democrat because of their person values, such as:

1) Getting rid of Obamacare

2) Judges against aborption

3) Deregulation

4) Judges who are pro second amendment

5) Reduction of environmental laws

6) Tax breaks for corporations

7) Tax reduction on investments

8) Protection for Confederate monuments

The list goes on and on. People voted for Trump because he his party formally stands for what they believe in. Don't under sell the values that half Americans hold.

Fixed it for you.

What you just listed are standard generic Republican talking points, and nothing that applies to just Trump himself. It just happens that Trump is the leader of the party right now. The points you listed are the reason any Republican gets at least 40% of the votes, no matter how bad the candidate or how good their opponent would be.

Around the Network

Yes. That is exactly my point. Thanks for repeating it? I mentioned in a previous post it doesn't matter how bad a candidate is, because voting for the other side (for many) isn't on the table.

Chrkeller said:

Yes. That is exactly my point. Thanks for repeating it? I mentioned in a previous post it doesn't matter how bad a candidate is, because voting for the other side (for many) isn't on the table.

Your point looked like you were saying that they all voted for him because he was Trump and not because he was the Republican candidate. That's a pretty big nuance.

Also I seriously doubt Trump stands for all of these points personally. 1,3,5,6 and 7 for sure (5 through 7 specifically because they are beneficial to his businesses), but the others seems more along the line of either "meh" or "against Democrats" for him.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Chrkeller said:

Your point looked like you were saying that they all voted for him because he was Trump and not because he was the Republican candidate. That's a pretty big nuance.

Also I seriously doubt Trump stands for all of these points personally. 1,3,5,6 and 7 for sure (5 through 7 specifically because they are beneficial to his businesses), but the others seems more along the line of either "meh" or "against Democrats" for him.

" ~Half the country, due to religion, would never vote democrat regardless of how bad the republican candidate is.  "

Trump was the candidate in 2020, so I used his name as a reference point.  But as stated earlier (see above quotes) our major issue at the moment is the of "us against them" mentality.  ~50% of the population will vote R regardless of how awful the candidate is, the same is true D.  The larger point is, we knew what we were getting with Trump and willfully took it anyway.  We the people are to blame.  I fully disagree with the notion that any of this was unexpected, surprising and some how we didn't know what we were voting for.  

AsGryffynn said:
JWeinCom said:

Uhhhh... ok? Whatever consumer rights argument you want to make has nothing to do with anti-trust law. I'm assuming you think it's wrong for a company to prevent sideloading whether they had 1% or 100% of the marketshare, so nothing to do with monopoly. 

It does. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Corp._v._Commission

Now apply the logic to the App Store. It's the same issue here: an OS controls distribution of what's usable/unusable on their OS. Said OS is in a dominant position and other alternatives are either unrealistic or unpalatable (note that not once was the party involved told "you can use Linux/OS2 and even though alternatives were available, MSFTs dominant position meant they had to comply). 

MS released a version without WMP. Apple could be forced to release a version of iOS without the Apple App Store. 

I can't apply that logic, because the article doesn't really explain the legal logic. Obviously it's not inherently legal to include a piece of your software with hardware or an OS you're selling, because that happens all the time, even if there is a competing product available. So, I'd need to know why exactly including Windows Media Player was deemed a problem. I'm fairly certain that Microsoft still includes plenty of other Microsoft software with windows in both the US and EU, so I don't know why specifically this one was an issue. I know a bit about US antitrust law but nothing about EU, so I'm not really going to argue about that.

But, if Apple only controlled 1% of the market would you be ok with them preventing sideloading? If no, then you object to this behavior regardless of market power, and you're not making an anti-trust argument.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 09 January 2021

vivster said:

Hillary had 3 million more votes than Trump. So the majority of people people obviously did not want Trump to be President. That doesn't even consider the millions of democratic votes that couldn't be cast in the first place thanks to decades of voter suppression policies.

Gonna stop you here because this is a weak point. Most of Hillary's difference came from California. The US election work on plurality of the states. Trump won the majority of states and the vast majority of the counties. This is why the map looks like this

To say that people didn't want Trump is silly because clearly they did. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life