By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Republican platform doesn't make sense. Everyone in the GOP should support this money since 100% of it will go to their rich donors. They really seem to believe that the economy is the stock market and not people. Someone should tell them where all the money their donors give them comes from.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

The Republican platform doesn't make sense. Everyone in the GOP should support this money since 100% of it will go to their rich donors. They really seem to believe that the economy is the stock market and not people. Someone should tell them where all the money their donors give them comes from.

The $2000 dollar check completely phases out at $350k.

Edit: Changed the income and text

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 31 December 2020

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:
vivster said:

I believe the point was that individuals will spend the money, which will go to businesses (which benefit from consumers spending money). These rich donors, who are presumably rich because of their involvement in a business, will then profit, allowing them to continue spending money buying our government officials. 

sundin13 said:
Trumpstyle said:

I believe the point was that individuals will spend the money, which will go to businesses (which benefit from consumers spending money). These rich donors, who are presumably rich because of their involvement in a business, will then profit, allowing them to continue spending money buying our government officials. 

I also wondered about that as well.  The theory is that people who actually really need the money is going to spend it.  Middleclass and higher will probably just pocket it and either invest, save or use it to purchase something that has a return.  Either way, the money goes directly back into the economy and thus provide a stimulus to all sectors.  I need to read up on the GOP stance on these issues and see if I can get something truly meaningful on their stance.

sundin13 said:
Trumpstyle said:

Says you an American on your profile, isn't it true after democrats refused to compromise on the $1 trillion corona relief bill. Donald Trump used several executive orders, one of them increasing unemployment from $300 a week to $600 a week. So a stimulus check was actually never needed.

The newest stimulus bill which just went into law extended the current unemployment benefits for another ~16 weeks. And ofc had a $600 stimulus check.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
sundin13 said:

Says you an American on your profile, isn't it true after democrats refused to compromise on the $1 trillion corona relief bill. Donald Trump used several executive orders, one of them increasing unemployment from $300 a week to $600 a week. So a stimulus check was actually never needed.

The newest stimulus bill which just went into law extended the current unemployment benefits for another ~16 weeks. And ofc had a $600 stimulus check.

What exactly did the Dems refused to compromise on in the 1 Trillion relief bill.  What bill are you talking about.

Machiavellian said:
Trumpstyle said:

What exactly did the Dems refused to compromise on in the 1 Trillion relief bill.  What bill are you talking about.

I think he is talking about the GOP proposal bill before the elections which I don't think even had a stimulus check in it.   Republicans finally put a proposal in October that was under a trillion to counter the house bill that was passed months ago which came in around 3 trillion.  Pelosi asked if they would meet in middle at 2 trillion but it was a no go for Republicans.  They were only willing to spend a trillion and didn't want to bail out states.   Blaming Democrat cities and states for their budget problems which is funny considering the biggest welfare states are mainly Republican.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 01 January 2021

This was a pretty good speech by a GOP congressman.  I am actually surprised how well it is considering most of the GOP has turned into a toxic dumpster fire.  If only more GOP sounded like this guy then they would actually have some respect from me. 

sethnintendo said:

This was a pretty good speech by a GOP congressman.  I am actually surprised how well it is considering most of the GOP has turned into a toxic dumpster fire.  If only more GOP sounded like this guy then they would actually have some respect from me. 

It's always amazing how those kind of people are in the GOP. I mean if they actually have human decency and appreciate facts over lies they wouldn't be in that party. So I can only assume that they say that shit and then turn around to vote against basic human rights again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I've been seeing data suggesting early voting turnout rates in the Georgia Senate run-offs are 80% of what they were among in the general election among registered Democrats and only 67% of what they were in the general election among registered Republicans and and other evidence that Republican turnout in particular appears to be down sharply for this election as yet. Gee I wonder what accounts for this difference? Could it be that...Trump and the conservative media have spent the entire post-election period trying to de-legitimize the concept of elections?

If the Democrats regain the Senate next week because the president's election conspiracy theories suppressed turnout among Republican voters, I'm going to laugh. A lot. THAT would be justice! The modern American right wing is anti-democracy, anti-journalism, anti-survival, and anti-reality, and none of that seems to be changing so far even in the aftermath of losing the House of Representatives, 12 state governorships, and most recently the presidency since Trump's election in 2016. Apparently a still-firmer ass-kicking is needed to drive home the point that their current insane course offers them no political future.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 02 January 2021