By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
vivster said:
KManX89 said:

In a fitting twist of fate, Trump's election lawyers could face possible sanctions for their frivolous election fraud lawsuits.

Knowingly filing baseless lawsuits with not a single shred of evidence and diverting resources away from other more important cases to deal with Trump's personal tantrum could have consequences?  Who knew?

This is the US, consequences are only ever hypothetical.

It's a country where the most criminal President of all time is pardoning his accomplices.

It is the power giving t the President so you cannot cry foul if he uses it for his own good.  Its not like everyone did not see this coming, if anything the fact he waited until he is out the door gives him a little more political savy then I would have given him credit for.  Either way, Trump is looking at those NY lawsuits waiting for him t leave office and it must be killing him to think how he is going to be dragged though court where its not possible for anyone to pardon him.

I am not sure but if Trump is found guilty in NY would that still allow him to run for President in 2024.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

In a fitting twist of fate, Trump's election lawyers could face possible sanctions for their frivolous election fraud lawsuits.

Knowingly filing baseless lawsuits with not a single shred of evidence and diverting resources away from other more important cases to deal with Trump's personal tantrum could have consequences?  Who knew?

If there's any justice in our justice system Sidney Powell should be disbarred.

Torillian said:
padib said:

He's a chode for wanting you to get more money? He wanted you to get 2000$ per week instead of 600$, it is the democrats that drafted a garbage bill and gave him no choice.

You really can't help seeing him in a bad light it seems. This might help you:

He's a chode for virtue signaling about giving people more money when it was far too late to actually affect that in any way. If he'd actually given any shits about this bill he had wees to try to change it. He only cares to make sure people like you think he cares. 

Basically this. His administration was central to the negotiations that got us to the $600 figure. For him to step in after the bill had already been passed and suddenly decide that he still wants to be President, throw it out, realize that he simply doesn't have the power to get this done and then turn around and sign the bill, delaying and reducing the aid to millions in return for nothing, is what makes him a chode. 

House Passes $2k Stimulus Checks, now it's going to the Senate were it would normally die, but Bernie Sanders has threatened to hold the Senate in session through the holidays by blocking the Defence bill if the $2k Stimulus is not passed, this actually has a chance thanks to some tenacious politicking  

*crosses fingers*

Around the Network
Rab said:

House Passes $2k Stimulus Checks, now it's going to the Senate were it would normally die, but Bernie Sanders has threatened to hold the Senate in session through the holidays by blocking the Defence bill if the $2k Stimulus is not passed, this actually has a chance thanks to some tenacious politicking  

I really don't know how I feel about this. I don't like holding one program in hostage for another... although I guess that's how politics.

Also wondering the long term ramifications of these kinds of stimulus bills. Direct payments seem to work better than industry bailouts, but I don't know how they work in the long run. Would love it if someone with more knowledge on economics could address this.

JWeinCom said:
Rab said:

I really don't know how I feel about this. I don't like holding one program in hostage for another... although I guess that's how politics.

Also wondering the long term ramifications of these kinds of stimulus bills. Direct payments seem to work better than industry bailouts, but I don't know how they work in the long run. Would love it if someone with more knowledge on economics could address this.

I'm no economist (not that economists even agree with each other), this stimulus package is an emergency pay out for those suffering the most, it's not usually a long term occurrence

It is known that those less fortunate tend to spend any handouts they get very fast, supporting local business and employment in the process, the wealthier tend to save it as they don't immediately need it, this process is known as the "Velocity of Money" how quickly money is moved through the economy

The bottom up/flood up stimulus pay out mostly to the poor have a greater economic impact/velocity on everyday business and employment than top down/trickle down pay outs to corps and the wealthy 

I would say that pay outs to the financially struggling can really help the economy and benefit the ones that need it the most immediately      

Last edited by Rab - on 28 December 2020

Rab said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm no economist (not that economists even agree with each other), this stimulus package is an emergency pay out for those suffering the most, it's not usually a long term occurrence

It is known that those less fortunate tend to spend any handouts they get very fast, supporting local business and employment in the process, the wealthier tend to save it as they don't immediately need it, this process is known as the "Velocity of Money" how quickly money is moved through the economy

The bottom up/flood up stimulus pay out mostly to the poor have a greater economic impact/velocity on everyday business and employment than top down/trickle down pay outs to corps and the wealthy 

I would say that pay outs to the financially struggling can really help the economy and benefit the ones that need it the most immediately      

I get the benefits of direct payments (which are a relatively small part of the overall package), but there are also drawbacks. The most obvious one would seem to be inflation. Especially since at least as of now, there doesn't seem to be any effort to raise the tax base to offset the extra money being printed.

JWeinCom said:
Rab said:

I get the benefits of direct payments (which are a relatively small part of the overall package), but there are also drawbacks. The most obvious one would seem to be inflation. Especially since at least as of now, there doesn't seem to be any effort to raise the tax base to offset the extra money being printed.

Yeah I understand, long term you have to increase your tax base, part of the reason giving tax breaks to the corps and wealthy whilst trying to help the most in need has it's draw backs, fortunately and reasonably many that have consistently advocated for more stimulus are also asking for higher taxes on the wealthy    

Bernard Sanders fighting hard for everyone in desperate need in this Pandemic, Mitch McConnell is preventing a vote on the 2K subsidy in the Senate, Bernie is fighting to have the vote on this important issue amongst the Senate, uses his rare agreement with the president to make his point with Republicans    

Sen. Ed Markey, supports Bernie's motion with a very passionate appeal to help the people 

Last edited by Rab - on 30 December 2020