By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLXVER said:
JWeinCom said:

The department of homeland security thinks so.

“Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States,” the draft reads. “Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists – who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad – will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

I see that, but arent gang members responsible for many more killings each year?

Why is that relevant?

Heart disease causes more deaths than cancer. Does that mean we stop investing research in cancer treatment?

Forest fires cause far more property damage than riots. Should we not worry about riots then?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

The definition of terrorism shouldn't really change based on country, and it is never solely based on body count. Terrorism is about striving towards ideological goals through criminal activity. Gangs are typically not particularly ideological. On the other hand, animal rights groups commit a lot of non-violent terrorism, typically centered around property damage of targets associated with animal cruelty.

It becomes extremely difficult to have a discussion when people either don't read or don't comprehend what they are responding to yet still feel the need to chime in...

Im really just here to vent when I see shit that annoys me. You are the one that keep telling me Im wrong. Just let me vent and go on with your day. Would make you less frustrated when you find out I cant give you an intelligent conversation.

Why don't you stop being annoyed at things that you clearly don't understand and just confront your biases and educate yourself instead?

Tilting against windmills isn't healthy.

KLAMarine said:
Runa216 said:

Then you need to do a much better job communicating, becuase that's the impression that I get. 

Please help me out here: what posts of mine gave you that impression?

Time for me to eat the humble pie. I think there's a VERY good chance I confused you and KLXVer. Honestly, my first thought when I saw you posting in this thread was 'oh, he doesn't have that megaman avatar anymore?'

Forgive me for that. Take everything critical I said and assume I meant it to be guided towards KLXVer, not you. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Im really just here to vent when I see shit that annoys me. You are the one that keep telling me Im wrong. Just let me vent and go on with your day. Would make you less frustrated when you find out I cant give you an intelligent conversation.

Why don't you stop being annoyed at things that you clearly don't understand and just confront your biases and educate yourself instead?

Tilting against windmills isn't healthy.

Ill try, but no promises.

JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:

Ok, is that a thing that happens all the time? Is that the biggest threat to the US right now? I mean its a horrible incident, but is that what people should worry about right now?  

The department of homeland security thinks so.

“Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States,” the draft reads. “Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists – who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad – will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

This is exactly why I have such a hard time even considering the points of alt-right folks. Like, the advice is RIGHT THERE, just like when I showed the statistics and census information. the information is there, they chose to disregard it because it doesn't suit their narrative. The only part of his post missing was the olympic-level mental gymnastics to prove that 'well actually, this proves that white people are the LEAST dangerous people in the US'

And people wonder why I'm so full of myself. I am so condescending becuase some people are just WRONG and they think they're right and conflate their shitty logic with actual facts and reason. I'm an arrogant person because I'm sick of willingly ignorant people acting like they're smart, then guiding the conversation to make two wholly unequal sides of the argument seem equal because smart people - or at least intellectually mature people (not me, though, I Want to make it clear that I am not intellectually mature, I'm very aggressive and passionate) - usually do everything to be nice and don't want to insult the intelligence of their opposition, preferring instead to educate and try to understand. 

Some people are just wrong. Some people are right. Most issues have a right and a wrong answer, and situations like this (where people blatantly disregard hard evidence and professional opinion as propaganda or fake news) infuriate me daily by reminding me that, holy shit some people are just terrible at parsing information and identifying the difference between facts and opinions. Reality and fantasy. 

And Trump being in office proves that the idiot masses have WAY more power than they should. 

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers."

I wish I had the patience of folks like Torillian or Pemalite or SpokenTruth. I'm just so fed up with morons making the world a worse place. Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a monkey. It always ends with the monkey flipping the board and throwing its shit everywhere then looking smug (Presumably about how they totally pwned the libs). 

Ugh! So frustrated (Or maybe I'm just even more enraged because Padib honestly tried justifying what RTJM1991 said to and about me just because I'm often harsh with my words and arrogant about important matters like this. That shit's not okay, and false equivalencies are a real problem.)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

Please help me out here: what posts of mine gave you that impression?

Time for me to eat the humble pie. I think there's a VERY good chance I confused you and KLXVer. Honestly, my first thought when I saw you posting in this thread was 'oh, he doesn't have that megaman avatar anymore?'

Forgive me for that. Take everything critical I said and assume I meant it to be guided towards KLXVer, not you. 

What a pathetic move. Now Im responsible for you bitching and the regretting of doing so towards another person. Fuck you!

❌ BANNED (5 Days): Flaming ~ multiple posts

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 September 2020

KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

What a pathetic move. Now Im responsible for you bitching and the regretting of doing so towards another person. Fuck you!

Now now there, I admitted my mistake and took responsibility for it, maybe you should do the same. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:

Now now there, I admitted my mistake and took responsibility for it, maybe you should do the same. 

No you didnt. You shifted blame because you lost the argument with the other guy. You are pathetic and should seek help.

Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:

KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

No you didnt. You shifted blame because you lost the argument with the other guy. You are pathetic and should seek help.

Stop replying to each other while the mods sift through these last few pages.

Whatever. Im done with this thread anyway. Never commenting here again. More passionate about video games than politics anyway.