By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Moren said:
KLXVER said:

Ok, is that a thing that happens all the time? Is that the biggest threat to the US right now? I mean its a horrible incident, but is that what people should worry about right now?  

Yeah, what's a random act of terrorism here and there?

Thats awful. Its a very serious incident. Dont be racist.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Wouldnt people driving be the number one threat. Im sure more than 50 people are killed in traffic each year. 

We are talking about terrorism...

Driving isn't usually terrorism....

...like, really?

Fair enough. I was thinking it was the number one threat overall for some reason. lol My bad. 

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2019/08/04/el-paso-shooting-patrick-crusius-white-supremacist-manifesto/1914965001/

23 dead.

Ok, is that a thing that happens all the time? Is that the biggest threat to the US right now? I mean its a horrible incident, but is that what people should worry about right now?  

The department of homeland security thinks so.

“Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States,” the draft reads. “Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists – who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad – will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:

“Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States,” the draft reads. “Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists – who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad – will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

I see that, but arent gang members responsible for many more killings each year?

KLXVER said:
JWeinCom said:

I see that, but arent gang members responsible for many more killings each year?

Still not terrorism, bub.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Really? Gangs of people killing each other is not terrorism, yet some groups who have never killed anyone is? The US is a strange country.

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

Really? Gangs of people killing each other is not terrorism, yet some groups who have never killed anyone is? The US is a strange country.

Who have never killed anyone, except for the 23 people killed that was shown to you 2 posts above.

Moren said:
KLXVER said:

Who have never killed anyone, except for the 23 people killed that was shown to you 2 posts above.

Was thinking of that Proud Boys group. They were labeled as white supremacy domestic terrorists. Even though there are people of all colors in that group.

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

The definition of terrorism shouldn't really change based on country, and it is never solely based on body count. Terrorism is about striving towards ideological goals through criminal activity. Gangs are typically not particularly ideological. On the other hand, animal rights groups commit a lot of non-violent terrorism, typically centered around property damage of targets associated with animal cruelty.

It becomes extremely difficult to have a discussion when people either don't read or don't comprehend what they are responding to yet still feel the need to chime in...

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

The definition of terrorism shouldn't really change based on country, and it is never solely based on body count. Terrorism is about striving towards ideological goals through criminal activity. Gangs are typically not particularly ideological. On the other hand, animal rights groups commit a lot of non-violent terrorism, typically centered around property damage of targets associated with animal cruelty.

It becomes extremely difficult to have a discussion when people either don't read or don't comprehend what they are responding to yet still feel the need to chime in...

Im really just here to vent when I see shit that annoys me. You are the one that keep telling me Im wrong. Just let me vent and go on with your day. Would make you less frustrated when you find out I cant give you an intelligent conversation.