By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The US Politics |OT|

jason1637 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Then how do you fund public organizations that act independently from the government? No, I don't think you should categorically bar any instance of funding a non-government organization with government money. If it performs a good public service, and does so in an efficient, non-corrupt, and not-for-profit way, it's a good idea to fund it as it can perform its mission without the inefficiency of partisan gridlock. Sure there are other ways to fund such organizations, but they usually aren't enough, and these things tend to be worth it for the public good. If it's something people want, but it would suffer if corporate greed got involved, and would also suffer if the government could corrupt it or gum it up with partisan bickering, a non-government organization is the best option. We should be using them for a lot more.

Well you dont. If the government wants to fund a certain program them they should make a government program for it. Government money should be spent om government run programs and contracts only.

Like I said, if it's in the public interest, and they can run it better than a government program and without corporate greed, why not spend government money on a non-government organization? I mean it's our money, if that's how we want it spent (as a democratic whole, not as individuals obviously), then it should be spent that way.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
jason1637 said:

Well you dont. If the government wants to fund a certain program them they should make a government program for it. Government money should be spent om government run programs and contracts only.

Like I said, if it's in the public interest, and they can run it better than a government program and without corporate greed, why not spend government money on a non-government organization? I mean it's our money, if that's how we want it spent (as a democratic whole, not as individuals obviously), then it should be spent that way.

what are you defining as a "democratic whole"? the majority of the population?

SuperRetroTurbo said:
If anyone would like to discuss the US' judicial system, I'm all ears.

I was having a conversation this morning about it. At the end of the day, it's corrupt but to what extent?

Yeah, it's broke as f**k. Jussie Smollet just got away with faking a hate crime - scott free. And we'll never know why because they sealed ALL the documents pertaining to the case.

If that's not Hollywood privilege, then I don't know what the hell is. He was guilty as sin with concrete imlerimp evidence such as footage, transactions, confessions... And just like that, prosecutors dropped the case.

So basically, if you're black and in Hollywood - you're impervious to taking accountability for faking a hate crime as long as it's against Trump.

What bullshit...

Last edited by TranceformerFX - on 27 March 2019

NightlyPoe said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

I was having a conversation this morning about it. At the end of the day, it's corrupt but to what extent?

Smollett turned the corruption to 11 I'd say.  Freakin' hell.  Dude could have literally started a riot.

Business as usual here in Chicago. I can't say I'm too surprised. We're probably the corruption and scandal capital of the nation..

Also - the hate for Trump around these parts is palpable, borderline psychotic TDS. Probably damn near LA levels.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

TranceformerFX said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Yeah, it's broke as f**k. Jussie Smollet just got away with faking a hate crime - scott free. And we'll never know why because they sealed ALL the documents pertaining to the case.

If that's not Hollywood privilege, then I don't know what the hell is. He was guilty as sin with concrete imlerimp evidence such as footage, transactions, confessions... And just like that, prosecutors dropped the case.

So basically, if you're black and in Hollywood - you're impervious to taking accountability for faking a hate crime as long as it's against Trump.

What bullshit...

Guilty verdicts for key media stars tied to big mainstream political issues aren't trending as of late.

Kav apparently was supposed to be guilty and yet get's off scot-free.

Trump apparently was supposed to be guilty and yet get's off scot-free.

So it only makes sense that since Smollett apparently was supposed to be guilty, he get's off scot-free.

Hard to argue with that logic, no? Maybe the world really is flat... and upside down.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
TranceformerFX said:

What bullshit...

Guilty verdicts for key media stars tied to big mainstream political issues aren't trending as of late.

Kav apparently was supposed to be guilty and yet get's off scot-free.

Trump apparently was supposed to be guilty and yet get's off scot-free.

So it only makes sense that since Smollett apparently was supposed to be guilty, he get's off scot-free.

Hard to argue with that logic, no? Maybe the world really is flat... and upside down.

As in any kind pursuit for justice, the difference is in the quality of evidence.

Kav and Trump were assumed guilty with no solid evidence linking them to the crime. There was an investigation and a lot of the evidence (w/c were shown to the public) were inconclusive.

Smollet was guilty as sin with a paper trail and witnesses. This was open and shut but the prosecutor just decided to drop the charges. Which made this look corrupt as heck.

Big difference here.

HylianSwordsman said:
jason1637 said:

But we never decided that we want our money spent that way. It was left up to those in congress and President.

its just ironic that jussie smolettes is the kind of guy who would argue that america has a patriarchy that has built in structural racism and homophobia... and look at what happens... as a black homosexual he commits fraud to game the system with the expectation that he'll be scrutinised less because he's black and homosexual and then when he's caught he gets away with murder metaphorically

its just so amusingly ironic

o_O.Q said:
its just ironic that jussie smolettes is the kind of guy who would argue that america has a patriarchy that has built in structural racism and homophobia... and look at what happens... as a black homosexual he commits fraud to game the system with the expectation that he'll be scrutinised less because he's black and homosexual and then when he's caught he gets away with murder metaphorically

its just so amusingly ironic

It makes me sick how he now tributes to the dividing of people, he feeds racism and homophobia with his bs.

I apologize for not responding to all the comments. I read all of them but I cant figure out how to quote with the new layout.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?