By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

He complained about Parasite winning Best Picture because it's a South Korean movie, and said Gone With the Wind, a movie from 1939, should've won instead.

Not only does he hate South Koreans, he doesn't know what decade he's in.

ROFLMAO!

How much you want to bet that if it were a Dem saying this shit, Trump supporters would be singing a different tune about how his asinine, bigoted comments totes aren't racist? 

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

He complained about Parasite winning Best Picture because it's a South Korean movie, and said Gone With the Wind, a movie from 1939, should've won instead.

Not only does he hate South Koreans, he doesn't know what decade he's in.

ROFLMAO!

How much you want to bet that if it were a Dem saying this shit, Trump supporters would be singing a different tune about how his asinine, bigoted comments totes aren't racist? 

...What? So Trump supporters would be doing the same if it were a Dem saying the same? Doesn't sound like a different tune...

KLAMarine said:
KManX89 said:

ROFLMAO!

...What? So Trump supporters would be doing the same if it were a Dem saying the same? Doesn't sound like a different tune...

Then you're clearly not particularly great at interpreting behaviour and identifying bias. 

Obama: *Goes golfing one day*

Republicans: "HOW DARE HE! HE'S JUST SHITTING ON THE CONSTITUTION!"

Trump: *Golfs like 5 days a week*

Republicans: Silence

Or, on the flip side: 

Obama: *Goes golfing*

Republicans: HOW DARE HE (Etc)

Democrats: What's the big deal, he can't be working 100% of the time. He puts in his hours. 

Trump: *Does the same*

Democrats: "Where's your outrage now? Hypocrites."

Because, you know, when Trump golfs, I don't see Dems complaining that he golfs, but they are ALWAYS pointing out the hypocrisy. (And yes, there are always exceptions. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find some idiotic dems bitching about Trump just because they hate him, most of the people I know hate him because of the shit he does and the hypocrisy of his followers.)

Or, what about this: 

Trump: "GRAB EM BY THE PUSSY!"

Democrats: "Seriously, what the actual fuck, you can't say/do that"

Republicans: "WE like it because he tells it like it is." (if 'like it is' defaults to rape)

Obama: *Has some spicy, fancy mustard on a hot dog*

Republicans: "I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR FANCY MUSTARD! GET TO WORK!"

Democrats: "Again, he's allowed to enjoy a fucking hotdog, dude."

These 'scandals' are nowhere near the same level, and Trump 'gets away' with so many things that no Democrat would ever get away with becuase even Democrats know to vote against their candidate when they did something wrong. Remember, Clinton got impeached for getting a blowjob and lying about it. Trump got elected after admitting to abusing his power to fuck women. These two things are not even remotely the same. 

Honestly, I'm not even a 'leftist', I'm very much a centrist. I believe both sides of the political spectrum need consideration and balance. But, when it comes time to vote, I vote Democrat/Liberal because, of the two parties in modern culture, Republicans are outright hypocritical villains. both sides have their problems, for sure, but it's so, SO much worse on the right. So much more bias, so much more hatred, so much more regression, so much more bigotry, so much more crying about rights vs responsibilities. I'd rather vote for the group that supports ideals that are better for the greater good than those who focus on the individual, because as late-stage capitalism has proven us, the greedy will always take as much as they can and that's how we get a system where like 99% of the wealth is shared among 1% of the population (I'm not sure if that's the actual balance but I do know that it's horrendously top-heavy). 

The point is, when comparing the two, Republicans just come across as idiotic, selfish twats who hate the poor, hate foreigners, thing Religion is the bases for morality, genuinely believe that guns are the key to peace, and for some reason hate science and education. They also don't care about the morals of their leaders, becuase if they did they wouldn't vote for Trump. if given the choice, I'll go for the party that supports education, social progression, inclusion, worldwide unity, mental health, hospitals, healthcare, and all that stuff that brings the whole country up. If paying more in taxes means that EVERYONE gets better access to healthcare or that there are services to help those in need, I'll happily do it. 

Because, contrary to what many of you might believe about me, I'm actually a good person and want the world to be a better place. I'm just not dumb enough to believe that's anyone else's responsibility. we ALL need to work together to fix these issues, and categorically, being a Republican is doing the opposite of that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

Then you're clearly not particularly great at interpreting behaviour and identifying bias. 

Or, on the flip side: 

Democrats: What's the big deal, he can't be working 100% of the time. He puts in his hours. 

Because, you know, when Trump golfs, I don't see Dems complaining that he golfs, but they are ALWAYS pointing out the hypocrisy. (And yes, there are always exceptions. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find some idiotic dems bitching about Trump just because they hate him, most of the people I know hate him because of the shit he does and the hypocrisy of his followers.)

Or, what about this: 

Republicans: "WE like it because he tells it like it is." (if 'like it is' defaults to rape)

These 'scandals' are nowhere near the same level, and Trump 'gets away' with so many things that no Democrat would ever get away with becuase even Democrats know to vote against their candidate when they did something wrong. Remember, Clinton got impeached for getting a blowjob and lying about it. Trump got elected after admitting to abusing his power to fuck women. These two things are not even remotely the same. 

Honestly, I'm not even a 'leftist', I'm very much a centrist. I believe both sides of the political spectrum need consideration and balance. But, when it comes time to vote, I vote Democrat/Liberal because, of the two parties in modern culture, Republicans are outright hypocritical villains. both sides have their problems, for sure, but it's so, SO much worse on the right. So much more bias, so much more hatred, so much more regression, so much more bigotry, so much more crying about rights vs responsibilities. I'd rather vote for the group that supports ideals that are better for the greater good than those who focus on the individual, because as late-stage capitalism has proven us, the greedy will always take as much as they can and that's how we get a system where like 99% of the wealth is shared among 1% of the population (I'm not sure if that's the actual balance but I do know that it's horrendously top-heavy). 

The point is, when comparing the two, Republicans just come across as idiotic, selfish twats who hate the poor, hate foreigners, thing Religion is the bases for morality, genuinely believe that guns are the key to peace, and for some reason hate science and education. They also don't care about the morals of their leaders, becuase if they did they wouldn't vote for Trump. if given the choice, I'll go for the party that supports education, social progression, inclusion, worldwide unity, mental health, hospitals, healthcare, and all that stuff that brings the whole country up. If paying more in taxes means that EVERYONE gets better access to healthcare or that there are services to help those in need, I'll happily do it. 

Because, contrary to what many of you might believe about me, I'm actually a good person and want the world to be a better place. I'm just not dumb enough to believe that's anyone else's responsibility. we ALL need to work together to fix these issues, and categorically, being a Republican is doing the opposite of that.

What do you seriously want to achieve by ridiculizing your opponents like this?

What it achieves is something that is egocentric,hail to you,the hero i do not need and the hero that is not about resolving but about selfpraising.

KLAMarine said:
KManX89 said:

ROFLMAO!

Actually, the transcript would go a little something like this:

Trump: "How dare a South Korean film win Best Picture! Has a foreign film ever won before?"

Democrats: "That's racist!"

Republicans: "Trump is racist because he doesn't like a movie you like? You leftists are fucking insane."

This is an exact quote BTW.

But yet, flip the script...

Bernie/Obama/Biden: "How dare a South Korean film win Best Picture! Has a foreign film ever won before?"

Republicans: "OMG Dems have no room to call Trump a racist now after what THEIR guy said about Parasite winning Best Picture!"

They can deny it all they want to, but deep down, they know I'm right. If it were a Democrat saying what Trump said, they'd be calling him a racist like there's no goddamn tomorrow.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLAMarine said:

Or, on the flip side: 

Or, what about this: 

"Republicans: "HOW DARE HE! HE'S JUST SHITTING ON THE CONSTITUTION!""

>What Republicans said this about Obama?

SpokenTruth said:

Or it would go something like this.

Trump: "How bad were the Academy Awards this year, did you see? 'And the winner is ... a movie from South Korea. What the hell was that all about? We've got enough problems with South Korea with trade, on top of it they give them the best movie of the year?"

Democrat candidates: *discussing trade - never mention a frikkin movie*

Because this is reality and this is how it happened.  Stop the what ifs.  Who the hell discusses intentional trade and thinks an Academy Award is a relevant talking point?  Only Trump.  Hell, he didn't even mention that actual problems with trading with South Korea....just bashed a movie he's never seen simply because it is foreign.

"Who the hell discusses intentional trade and thinks an Academy Award is a relevant talking point?  Only Trump."

>In Trump's defense, he was talking to an audience of supporters. My guess is he was trying to rev them up or perhaps even entertain them, he wasn't seriously trying to discuss trade at that very moment. I didn't see him bust out notes on trade right then and there.

"Hell, he didn't even mention that actual problems with trading with South Korea....just bashed a movie he's never seen simply because it is foreign."

>Did he bash the movie? Right after your quote above, Trump states:

"Was it good? I don't know."

He doesn't know if it's good, a perfectly reasonable opinion to hold for a film he has never seen. If you asked me if 'The Joker' is good, I'd tell you that I didn't know since I did not see the film...

KLAMarine said:
Runa216 said:

Or, on the flip side: 

Or, what about this: 

SpokenTruth said:

Or it would go something like this.

Trump: "How bad were the Academy Awards this year, did you see? 'And the winner is ... a movie from South Korea. What the hell was that all about? We've got enough problems with South Korea with trade, on top of it they give them the best movie of the year?"

Democrat candidates: *discussing trade - never mention a frikkin movie*

Because this is reality and this is how it happened.  Stop the what ifs.  Who the hell discusses intentional trade and thinks an Academy Award is a relevant talking point?  Only Trump.  Hell, he didn't even mention that actual problems with trading with South Korea....just bashed a movie he's never seen simply because it is foreign.

"Who the hell discusses intentional trade and thinks an Academy Award is a relevant talking point?  Only Trump."

>In Trump's defense, he was talking to an audience of supporters. My guess is he was trying to rev them up or perhaps even entertain them, he wasn't seriously trying to discuss trade at that very moment. I didn't see him bust out notes on trade right then and there.

"Hell, he didn't even mention that actual problems with trading with South Korea....just bashed a movie he's never seen simply because it is foreign."

He doesn't know if it's good, a perfectly reasonable opinion to hold for a film he has never seen. If you asked me if 'The Joker' is good, I'd tell you that I didn't know since I did not see the film...

I think it's pretty disengenous to act as though Trump's only opinion on Parasite is that he doesn't know if it's good. If I talk about an award show and say "what the hell was that all about?" I think it's fair to assume I disagree with said awards. If the Joker won and you said "what the hell was that all about?" I'd assume you didn't think Joker should have won. And then if you said "I mean I haven't watched it" I'd think you're an idiot. 

Runa216 said:
EricHiggin said:

Thanks for the positive support. Statements like this really help to stabilize the discourse! Are we having fun yet?

This. This right here. This is why I think it's time for us all to just collectively ignore you. Clearly you aren't saying anything of value, you're just arguing and poking and trying to stir shit up for the sake of stirring shit up. I don't really care what people say, that's trollin' behaviour. We should not be debating with trolls. 

Either say something of value or shut up. This is not how you get respect. I gave up trying to 'discuss' issues with you years ago when it became clear you didn't have a rational, mature, compassionate thought in your head. 

I've been told that it takes one to know one. Does it apply here though? I'd hazard a guess, but would it have enough value to mean anything anyway?

So as far as you're concerned, the majority, if not everything I've ever said in here has no value? Then why do you bother continuing to converse with me, unless you value unvaluable things? There were other political 'safe space' threads created for a reason. Why are you upset that someone is saying something you don't like in a purposely open political thread, that's based on thought's and hashing them out, which won't always lead to consensus and will undoubtedly lead to arguments and disagreements at times?

These points of your's speak volumes btw. "I think it's time for us all to just collectively ignore you" and "either say something of value or shut up."

There's plenty of things I don't find valuable to me brought up in here, but I'd never suggest those posters should be muzzled. Democracy dies in darkness/silence does it not? Is one man's trash not another man's treasure?

Agreeing to disagree would be the grown up thing to do here as far as I'm concerned, but you're free to do as you please.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 24 February 2020

SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

Damn.  You just going to indict his supporters like that?

"Damn.  You just going to indict his supporters like that?"

>Indict? Indict them of what?

Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

I think it's pretty disengenous to act as though Trump's only opinion on Parasite is that he doesn't know if it's good. If I talk about an award show and say "what the hell was that all about?" I think it's fair to assume I disagree with said awards. If the Joker won and you said "what the hell was that all about?" I'd assume you didn't think Joker should have won. And then if you said "I mean I haven't watched it" I'd think you're an idiot. 

"I think it's pretty disengenous to act as though Trump's only opinion on Parasite is that he doesn't know if it's good."

>So what other opinion do you think he holds on Parasite?

KLAMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

Damn.  You just going to indict his supporters like that?

"Damn.  You just going to indict his supporters like that?"

>Indict? Indict them of what?

Torillian said:

"I think it's pretty disengenous to act as though Trump's only opinion on Parasite is that he doesn't know if it's good."

>So what other opinion do you think he holds on Parasite?

That it didn't deserve to win the best movie award, probably because it's a foreign film. The first conclusion is pretty obvious from context, and the second is a bit of speculation on my part because he mentioned Parasite winning best foreign film.