By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now, About A Switch Pro...

What would a Switch Pro be?

Brand new system 5 8.47%

Upgraded Nintendo Switch 54 91.53%

Total:59

Unless NVidia changes their stance on custom chips, the only viable upgrade is an X2 instead of the X1. While that's about a 50% boost, that's not very much for a mid-gen upgrade. So not sure if they gonna do that at all this time around.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Amnesia said:

You forgot the 3rd answer :

"there won't be any". Just a brand new system completly different with a different name.

There can be a 1080 Switch with more battery and a noticable upgrade on GPU for higher resolution and higher framerate, but nothing which will allow to port games from the next era like ReviewTechUsa believes.

Games native to next gen will take time though. It usually takes at least 3 years to be at that point. I'd say it'll be possible for the Switch to get games during the first 2 years of the PS5/XboxTwo.

I believe that it is already not possible anymore to have port from 2018+.

I am impatient to see how will render DOOM...

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

My question is what's everyone's idea of a Switch Pro? Im sure the idea of it being more powerful is a given but like...is it suppose to play 4K when docked? any resolution change? Nintendo providing a higher resolution screen? What would the benefit be of a Switch Pro?

I already enjoy what the Switch does for what it is so I personally dont know what I'd want in a Switch Pro :/

V-r0cK said:
My question is what's everyone's idea of a Switch Pro? Im sure the idea of it being more powerful is a given but like...is it suppose to play 4K when docked? any resolution change? Nintendo providing a higher resolution screen? What would the benefit be of a Switch Pro?

I already enjoy what the Switch does for what it is so I personally dont know what I'd want in a Switch Pro :/

The usual idea that people have when they speculate about a Switch Pro is that its purpose is to get AAA third party publishers to port their games to Switch.

The immediate flaw is that third parties do not exclusively develop for a certain version of a console, so a Switch Pro is essentially pointless.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

CaptainExplosion said:

We've been talking a lot about a possible Switch Pro for a while, but here's a big question:

Would it be a brand new system on it's own, or just an upgraded Switch? Probably the latter, so we don't have another Wii U situation.

Only way I can see it happening is if it's a GB to GBC approach where the pro version takes the role of being a successor.

Around the Network

If there's a Switch Pro at all it will be a version of the console that plays the current "docked mode" on the go. Nintendo likes to release more powerful version of handhelds after around 4 years. But it's not going to get exclusive titles (well, maybe on or two so people have a reason to buy it) and it won't be a big step up from the current Switch.

RolStoppable said:
V-r0cK said:

The usual idea that people have when they speculate about a Switch Pro is that its purpose is to get AAA third party publishers to port their games to Switch.

The immediate flaw is that third parties do not exclusively develop for a certain version of a console, so a Switch Pro is essentially pointless.

loll then ya no point about having a Switch Pro then.  I'm content with how it is now.

DonFerrari said:
Switch Pro isn't necessary. When it is 5 year old then a replacement for Switch is better.

As long as it doesn't have the same terrible naming convention of the Wii to Wii U transition.

Switch Pro? LoL

New Switch. More likely.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Amnesia said:
Mar1217 said:

Games native to next gen will take time though. It usually takes at least 3 years to be at that point. I'd say it'll be possible for the Switch to get games during the first 2 years of the PS5/XboxTwo.

I believe that it is already not possible anymore to have port from 2018+.

I am impatient to see how will render DOOM...

What about Mortal Kombat 11 Switch version ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me