By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51
RaptorChrist said:
APRIL FOOLS!

April 2 here, too late!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
RaptorChrist said:

Not a fan of the Souls games? I can't tell what your angle is. Sandbagging the entire Souls series by flippantly dismissing my post, which wasn't even supposed to be up for debate anyways. I was just providing my thoughts, my opinions, and then all of a sudden BAM! Sunstrider with the "Souls games have no variety", "enemies in Souls games can't block or parry", and, as if an undisputed fact, THAT, is the reason why Sekiro is harder, no question about it.

I am also not sure why pushing the narrative that Sekiro is harder is even a thing. Same developer, same type of game, I'm on board for all of them, but it's like you are trying to pit them against each other.

Sorry if I got a little triggered.

Please don't use the term 'triggered' unless you're suffering from post-traumatic stress. That term is meant to describe an event that 'triggers' a PTSD episode, not something that mildly annoys you and incites you to respond angrily. People who actually have very real issues with PTSD have not been all too appreciative that the term has been hijacked by terrible people with a desire to continue being offensive using it to devalue the suffering of others as unjust or 'snowflake' behaviour. 

I'm sure you didn't mean it to belittle those with real problems, but it's still incredibly insensitive and rude. 

It's ironic because the part of my post that seemed to offend you was the part that was meant to be apologetic.

I'll have to look into this whole "triggered" being an offensive term, because it's something I've certainly never heard of. Obviously, right? Or do you think I would intentionally say something that's incredibly insensitive and rude towards an entire group of people with a mental condition?

I don't have PTSD myself, but I do have a general anxiety disorder and take prescription lorazepam. Recently my body has been forgetting to automatically breathe when I fall asleep, and I'll be jolted awake with a sensation of what I only imagine a heart attack to feel like. But thank you for the lecture, just hope that next time you call someone out for it you don't accuse someone improperly, or *that* might be incredibly insensitive and rude.

Sunstrider said:
RaptorChrist said:
APRIL FOOLS!

April 2 here, too late!

Damn you! *shakes hand in air*

Well if you'll excuse me, I'm off to duel with the toughest boss in any Soulsborniro game. Corrupted Lord White Knight Runa, protectorate of triggers.

RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

April 2 here, too late!

Well if you'll excuse me, I'm off to duel with the toughest boss in any Soulsborniro game. Corrupted Lord White Knight Runa, protectorate of triggers.

Good luck and may the SunBloodDragon guide you to your multiple deaths.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

RaptorChrist said:
Runa216 said:

Please don't use the term 'triggered' unless you're suffering from post-traumatic stress. That term is meant to describe an event that 'triggers' a PTSD episode, not something that mildly annoys you and incites you to respond angrily. People who actually have very real issues with PTSD have not been all too appreciative that the term has been hijacked by terrible people with a desire to continue being offensive using it to devalue the suffering of others as unjust or 'snowflake' behaviour. 

I'm sure you didn't mean it to belittle those with real problems, but it's still incredibly insensitive and rude. 

It's ironic because the part of my post that seemed to offend you was the part that was meant to be apologetic.

I'll have to look into this whole "triggered" being an offensive term, because it's something I've certainly never heard of. Obviously, right? Or do you think I would intentionally say something that's incredibly insensitive and rude towards an entire group of people with a mental condition?

I don't have PTSD myself, but I do have a general anxiety disorder and take prescription lorazepam. Recently my body has been forgetting to automatically breathe when I fall asleep, and I'll be jolted awake with a sensation of what I only imagine a heart attack to feel like. But thank you for the lecture, just hope that next time you call someone out for it you don't accuse someone improperly, or *that* might be incredibly insensitive and rude.

The term on its own is not offensive but using it in the wrong way indirectly belittles people with actual problems associated with it. I don't think for a second that you were trying to piss anyone off (and holy hell I sound like some overly PC twat for saying this), but it's a teachable moment wherein I can explain how your words might come across as a micro-aggression. and yes, I am well aware I come across sounding like South PArk's PCPrincipal, but there are some ways in which that character - though clearly an exagerrated parody - was an accurate representation of what some people wish for. 

That said, you're being awfully aggressive towards me here. Like, you suffering from Anxiety Disorder isn't quite the same thing and the way you used 'triggered' had absolutely nothing to do with a panic attack so I have no idea why you felt the need to use it as an excuse. 

But whatever, internet peeps will be internet peeps. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

April 2 here, too late!

Why don't you finishing blow me by adding 'libtard cuck snowflake' at the end? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
RaptorChrist said:

The term on its own is not offensive but using it in the wrong way indirectly belittles people with actual problems associated with it. I don't think for a second that you were trying to piss anyone off (and holy hell I sound like some overly PC twat for saying this), but it's a teachable moment wherein I can explain how your words might come across as a micro-aggression. and yes, I am well aware I come across sounding like South PArk's PCPrincipal, but there are some ways in which that character - though clearly an exagerrated parody - was an accurate representation of what some people wish for. 

That said, you're being awfully aggressive towards me here. Like, you suffering from Anxiety Disorder isn't quite the same thing and the way you used 'triggered' had absolutely nothing to do with a panic attack so I have no idea why you felt the need to use it as an excuse. 

But whatever, internet peeps will be internet peeps. 

You're right man. Last thing I want to do is offend people. So even if I don't quite understand or agree with it being offensive, I'm willing to accept your advice in the hopes that it keeps this sort of thing from happening ever again.

Worst sound in any video game: metal hitting metal

John2290 said:
Angelus said:

It's not unusual to feel like that on the first run of FromSoft game, but sooner or later you'll reach a point where everything just kind of clicks. Then on subsequent runs you'll be looking back, thinking to yourself ".....how did I ever even die in this game?" 

We're you on NG+ when you beat Owl in Hirrata and if so, do you know what the increase in difficulty is as opposed to you own stats? Is it the same 40% then 10 and 10 and so on or is it different here? Is it odd set and can you upgrade your VIT to 40 on NG+ then 60 on NG++?

Ya, I did fight him in NG+

I don't really know what the percentages are in terms of the difficulty spikes for enemy vitality and damage, but I don't really view those things as all that consequential. The main differentiator for NG+ was giving back Kuro's charm, which forces you to perfect deflect enemies, or else you take chip damage through your blocks. Then once you've mastered that, the game becomes a cakewalk regardless of any further buffs the enemies get. And no, you can't get any further vitality upgrades for yourself. Only attack power.

Wouldn't it require a minimum of four playthroughs anyways for all endings, though? Platinum for this game is maybe a long-term goal, perhaps after I've come back to the game a few more times down the road. I didn't pay attention when I started NG+ and I kept Kuro's Charm. I tried giving it to him but he insisted that I keep it, and so I kept it. I didn't even know it was something exclusive to NG+, but now it's too late.