By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51

I'm late to the party, but I loathe Sekiro. Dark Souls is my second favorite franchise in all of gaming, but I couldn't get into Sekiro. The lack of character customization, repetitive gameplay along with cheap difficulty made the game just bad. I can solo all Souls games, my first time on S&O took me at most 12 times. Some of the bosses in Sekiro took me 30+ times. That isn't hard, that is cheap and too much. But cool to those who are enjoying it, I did not.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

I found the game incredibly cheap, from the perspective of how hard the enemies hit in comparison to how hard our character hits. Seven Spears, in a single hit, can take 90% of my HP. Meanwhile if I get a hit in, it takes 1% of his HP. That is why I view the game as cheap as they come. The difficulty doesn't come in enemy design, it comes simply from being under powered. Sekiro is nothing more than Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, except with swords. The enemy is faster, stronger and has more endurance. Memorize patterns to win against the odds. Meh, not my thing. Souls however is superb.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I liked Sekiro overall, but i kinda had a miserable time playing it. I found this game so much harder than any of the other Soulsborne-games i played. The whole game became an act of pure defiance on my part where i refused to let the game break me and i decided i would get the platinum for this game. It was the hardest platinum i have.achieved.

Chrkeller said:
I found the game incredibly cheap, from the perspective of how hard the enemies hit in comparison to how hard our character hits. Seven Spears, in a single hit, can take 90% of my HP. Meanwhile if I get a hit in, it takes 1% of his HP. That is why I view the game as cheap as they come. The difficulty doesn't come in enemy design, it comes simply from being under powered. Sekiro is nothing more than Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, except with swords. The enemy is faster, stronger and has more endurance. Memorize patterns to win against the odds. Meh, not my thing. Souls however is superb.

That's only true for the first five to ten hours. As the game goes on you have a sizable hp bar, and are able to chunk enemy health/posture bars quickly if you are skilled enough.