By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51
John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well I spoke too soon about the Guardian Ape boss. His 2nd form took me a while. I went back and scoured all the areas for missables, plus beat the Snakes Eyes bosses, and explored new areas. I think I got to play 10 hours in the past week. Still farming enough gold and XP to move my Shinobi skill tree to the max, and buy extra upgrades/seeds. 

Where the heck is the 2nd half of the mask, because the game's difficulty is ramping up and I could really use that attack boost!

Edit: Oh, and fuck my job for making me do so much overtime. Looking for another job asap. I want 40 hours a week not 56 damn it!

I wouldn't be maxing out any skill tree's just yet if I were you, unless you've unlocked at least 5 of them or is it 6, I can't remember. Points become difficult to gain as each level increases and the most useful skills are mid way up other tree's, such as the latent skills on the Ashina arts tree.

Gratz on the Guardian Ape. Don't forget, Divine con get to can always help on supernatural enemies to increase damage. 

Haha yes! My next task is to kill three of the supernatural mini-bosses, so I'll be using confetti tomorrow like it's New Year's Eve!

Around the Network

Today I beat the double guardian ape, and the corrupted monk. Double Ape was pretty simple, it just took time. Firecrackers were upgraded to the point of dealing a ton of posture damage to the 2nd ape. So I ran around dodging the main one, and used Firecrackers three times to get him vulnerable to a DB.

Corrupted monk was pretty BS. He damages your posture by a ton, and takes almost no damage unless you get him wide open. You pretty much have to whittle his health down by the tiny slivers that he takes when blocking your attacks. His Sweep, and Stab attacks both look identical, and he has way too many ways to fake you out.

Well for the record I beat the surge today. Game was fairly buggy, or something was up, as my PS4 got fatal errors at least three or four times while playing, and the final one happened during the end credits, so I don't think I was awarded the achievement. (Checking right now)

Edit: Oh, how frustrating. Because it bugged out during the end sequence (yeah, I didn't even get to watch the whole ending, so I'm going to have to YT it), I didn't get the trophy, but the game still saved, so I can't even re-beat the final boss (not that I probably would). So if I try loading my file it immediately puts me into NG+. I wonder if this happens to others, as the trophy percentage is really low, but that's probably just because of PSN April.

I'm about to fight the Owl. I think. Does anybody know where to farm Divine Confetti? I need to kill one more shaman for my 7th necklace, and I'd like to fight the Owl at full power.

John2290 said:
Sadly I think I am done with this game at 70% trophy progression. I simply am'nt good enough to platinum. Sword saint on NG+ is another level, even Genichiro tomoe can break my posture. Can't even get past the spear phase because of limited posture which won't recover quickly enough and putting distance from him is a bad move that leads to death.

Fucking great game all in all, hope I can get the will to come back to it for the plat.

Are you stacking items to prevent posture damage.  In NG+ I am sure you killed all the headless so using the posture item and the Headless unlimited one should keep you going.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Machiavellian said:

Are you stacking items to prevent posture damage.  In NG+ I am sure you killed all the headless so using the posture item and the Headless unlimited one should keep you going.

I completely forgot about those. I'll try that. Cheers.

Against Isshin, Genichiro and Owl, I stack them all the time because they can kill your posture if you are not perfectly deflecting everything.  I believe I throw in the red lump as well.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 17 April 2019

I started to use the thrust attack a bit more as it keeps me pretty far away from enemies to be able to react to incoming attacks.

John2290 said:
Sadly I think I am done with this game at 70% trophy progression. I simply am'nt good enough to platinum. Sword saint on NG+ is another level, even Genichiro tomoe can break my posture. Can't even get past the spear phase because of limited posture which won't recover quickly enough and putting distance from him is a bad move that leads to death.

Fucking great game all in all, hope I can get the will to come back to it for the plat.

I thought you were just going for all bosses? I must have missed something while skimming through the thread. You have a lot of determination; I can't play a single game for so long. I loved Sekiro, and I'll surely play through it again someday, but I wasn't ready for another playthrough after beating it a first time. I did dabble a little bit into NG+ just to check the differences, but that's about it.

What's your next game going to be, and if you're answer is Days Gone, then what about in the meantime?

It'll be a contender that's for sure....

Immersiveunreality said:
I started to use the thrust attack a bit more as it keeps me pretty far away from enemies to be able to react to incoming attacks.

I either use the Spear alot with the follow up slash.  One you can use it for distances, and you can also follow up with it.  I find it great for enemies who love to jump as it can still him them in the air and you get the follow up hit as well.