By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 11 21.57%

No. 21 41.18%

Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 23.53%

/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 13.73%

Total:51
RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

Only variety I can remember in those games are the different weapons and magic you can use, but whatever they are they will almost always hit an enemy, that is the very reason those games are easier than sekiro where enemies actually block and parry.

Not a fan of the Souls games? I can't tell what your angle is. Sandbagging the entire Souls series by flippantly dismissing my post, which wasn't even supposed to be up for debate anyways. I was just providing my thoughts, my opinions, and then all of a sudden BAM! Sunstrider with the "Souls games have no variety", "enemies in Souls games can't block or parry", and, as if an undisputed fact, THAT, is the reason why Sekiro is harder, no question about it.

I am also not sure why pushing the narrative that Sekiro is harder is even a thing. Same developer, same type of game, I'm on board for all of them, but it's like you are trying to pit them against each other.

Sorry if I got a little triggered.

I merely highlighted a single sentence that I find not true because I haven't felt more engaged in combat than with Sekiro, combat in soulsborne game is not by any means bad, but like I said, it's easy compared to Sekiro, now call me whatever you want but I never disregarded any of your other points.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
RaptorChrist said:

Not a fan of the Souls games? I can't tell what your angle is. Sandbagging the entire Souls series by flippantly dismissing my post, which wasn't even supposed to be up for debate anyways. I was just providing my thoughts, my opinions, and then all of a sudden BAM! Sunstrider with the "Souls games have no variety", "enemies in Souls games can't block or parry", and, as if an undisputed fact, THAT, is the reason why Sekiro is harder, no question about it.

I am also not sure why pushing the narrative that Sekiro is harder is even a thing. Same developer, same type of game, I'm on board for all of them, but it's like you are trying to pit them against each other.

I merely highlighted a single sentence that I find not true because I haven't felt more engaged in combat than with Sekiro, combat in soulsborne game is not by any means bad, but like I said, it's easy compared to Sekiro, now call me whatever you want but I never disregarded any of your other points.

I didn't call you anything.

You did say enemies in Souls games don't block or parry, did you not?

What I'm saying is that you tried making a point and justifying it with facts that aren't true. To sugar-coat it, you exaggerated. (I'm letting you off with a warning,  Mr. Lee... if that is your real name :P)

I would probably agree that Sekiro is harder than a Souls game, if I had to decide one over the other and couldn't say they were a tie.

Now lets be best friends.

RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

What I'm saying is that you tried making a point and justifying it with facts that aren't true. To sugar-coat it, you exaggerated. (I'm letting you off with a warning,  Mr. Lee... if that is your real name :P)

I would probably agree that Sekiro is harder than a Souls game, if I had to decide one over the other and couldn't say they were a tie.

You trying to blackmail me boy?

Edit: Never said they don't block or parry, I said Sekiro's enemies do, and that almost always you can hit any enemy in soulsborne.

John2290 said:
RaptorChrist said:

I don't think it is anyone pushing a narrative, The wide spread concensus which is forming rapidly is pretty much that Sekerio is harder and in my opinion it makes souls look like a cake walk and, in my opinion, Sekerio is as difficult as Ninja gaiden black only off set by better and more responsive modern input. Yes you have the cheese players who look up cheese guides, replicate and execute the exact method put in a video and then go around the internet calling everyone noobs and yelling git gud and that Sekerio is the easiest game on the planet but they didn't use trial and error, their own methods, brains or wits to work out one aspect of any fight and knew the fights before they started. I'd like to see someone who says this game is easy stream it and prove it is easy just to sort the cheese from the burgers meat.

lol, I like your analogy. Sorting the cheese from the burger's meat. lmao. Every time I re-read it I get more confused though. Is meat = other types of cheese? By watching someone who calls it easy play the game you would therefore figure out what is meat and what is cheese. LOL I'm so confused.

Edit: Is bullshit meat? Someone who says it is easy is just making up bullshit, but disguising it as cheese.

Sunstrider said:
RaptorChrist said:

Edit: Never said they don't block or parry, I said Sekiro's enemies do, and that almost always you can hit any enemy in soulsborne.

Yeah, you totally had to re-read your post to see if you can find some stretch of the imagination where you didn't say that Souls enemies don't block or parry. You, sunuva... Nevermind, I think any further debate will make me less happy that I already am.

And I'm already miserable after what you said before :(

You ruined my day :(

Ru-ined!

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

Yeah, you totally had to re-read your post to see if you can find some stretch of the imagination where you didn't say that Souls enemies don't block or parry. You, sunuva... Nevermind, I think any further debate will make me less happy that I already am.

Ru-ined!

Now I'm confused, did I hurt you in anyway? If I did then I apologize, but you should know opinions aren't always meant to be taken seriously. Or was it something unrelated?

In a perfect world:

You're right RaptorChrist. What I said about Dark Souls was all a lie. I'm sorry for triggering you. Name's Lee, by the way...

Sunstrider said:
RaptorChrist said:

Ru-ined!

Now I'm confused, did I hurt you in anyway? If I did then I apologize, but you should know opinions aren't always meant to be taken seriously. Or was it something unrelated?

It's just my sense of humor. :)

APRIL FOOLS!

RaptorChrist said:
Sunstrider said:

Only variety I can remember in those games are the different weapons and magic you can use, but whatever they are they will almost always hit an enemy, that is the very reason those games are easier than sekiro where enemies actually block and parry.

Please don't use the term 'triggered' unless you're suffering from post-traumatic stress. That term is meant to describe an event that 'triggers' a PTSD episode, not something that mildly annoys you and incites you to respond angrily. People who actually have very real issues with PTSD have not been all too appreciative that the term has been hijacked by terrible people with a desire to continue being offensive using it to devalue the suffering of others as unjust or 'snowflake' behaviour. 

I'm sure you didn't mean it to belittle those with real problems, but it's still incredibly insensitive and rude. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android