By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cuphead announced for Nintendo Switch

Tagged games:

S.Peelman said:
Azzanation said:

I already proven this theory with my game I brought on Steam which is still downloadable to this very day and the company no longer exists, sure others cannot download it but those who already brought it have access to it and guess what, its really not hard at all, I just type in the name of the game in my library and click download. If you think services like Steam will go out of business than I have nothing to tell you but good luck in that belief.

You will run out of hard drive space, much like it is now with gaming that requires full disc installation. Nice one. Maybe go buy a bigger hard drive.

Nothing lasts forever.. however digital most likely can withstand the test of time, all my games I brought back in the early 2000s still work to this current day that I brought digital and there all still there, where as the games I have owned physically in the mid 1990s etc are starting to give up. I treat all my games with care but games that rely on battery back up etc don't and wont last forever, that's out of my control. Eventually your cartridge or disk readers in your consoles will stop working much like the disks and cartridges you put in them. Its why its still very silly to me that people swear by physical media and will not buy something that is great just because they don't have it on plastic. 

The batteries in old cartridges are easily replacable, they’re just regular watch or hearing-aid type batteries. At most over time you’ll lose your existing save.

EDIT: Well, they do need soldering, but still.

The battery can be replaced but, from personal experience, you'll lose all of your save data. My "101% DKC" save and my " Every character is level ⭐⭐" save in Chrono Trigger are evidence of that.



Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
Awesome, this was the only Xbox game that interested me. Very keen to check it out. I wonder where Microsoft and Nintendo's partnership goes from here, certainly interesting.

You should play Ori, that game is a masterpiece for the 2d genre. Its on PC and i can see MS releasing it on Switch.



d21lewis said:
Azzanation said:

I am hoping so. Banjo, Ori, Battletoads are perfect fits.

No like for Conker?

Conker is ok, however the 3 i mentioned have alot more history or are well known. I wouldnt complain if Conker got announced. I want to see 1 Rare/MS character to complete the roster of Smash.



d21lewis said:
S.Peelman said:

The batteries in old cartridges are easily replacable, they’re just regular watch or hearing-aid type batteries. At most over time you’ll lose your existing save.

EDIT: Well, they do need soldering, but still.

The battery can be replaced but, from personal experience, you'll lose all of your save data. My "101% DKC" save and my " Every character is level ⭐⭐" save in Chrono Trigger are evidence of that.

This is sadly true, if you take the power off of the memory chip it loses it’s data.

But, over the years I’ve lost way more save data on my PC’s than I ever lost them on cartridges.



Azzanation said:
d21lewis said:

No like for Conker?

Conker is ok, however the 3 i mentioned have alot more history or are well known. I wouldnt complain if Conker got announced. I want to see 1 Rare/MS character to complete the roster of Smash.

Apparently, even my phone agrees. It autocorrected "love" with the word "like".



Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
RingoGaSuki said:
Awesome, this was the only Xbox game that interested me. Very keen to check it out. I wonder where Microsoft and Nintendo's partnership goes from here, certainly interesting.

You should play Ori, that game is a masterpiece for the 2d genre. Its on PC and i can see MS releasing it on Switch.

I second this. The game is ungodly good!



Twitter: @d21lewis

Anyway, seems like there’ll be a physical edition of Cuphead for Switch, so I’ll get it. Looks good.

And I’m also totally expecting Banjo in Smash now.



Finale said:
Kerotan said:
Why do MS sell games on pc and Switch but not playstation which is the console with my far the biggest install base?

haha

The salt spilling out of the top makes it perfect.





d21lewis said:
Azzanation said:

I am hoping so. Banjo, Ori, Battletoads are perfect fits.

No like for Conker?

I think Nintendo wants to forget about Conker. Even Bayonetta is more palatable to their brand than Conker. Microsoft needs to do him justice though, make a proper sequel.