By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cuphead announced for Nintendo Switch

Tagged games:

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Azzanation said:

I am hoping so. Banjo, Ori, Battletoads are perfect fits.

No like for Conker?

I think Nintendo wants to forget about Conker. Even Bayonetta is more palatable to their brand than Conker. Microsoft needs to do him justice though, make a proper sequel.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

If I bought everything digitally, it could all be lost if that one SD card or hard drive died. And getting them back via receipt is only possible so long as the provider doesn't go out of business or decide they just don't want to provide them any more.

Plus, if I bought everything digitally, I'd quickly run out of space and have to spend more money to buy another SD card or hard drive.

The counter argument is that physical also has issues depending on the format as discs do wear out over time while solid state formats also share the same risk of dying like hard drives, providers going out of business or not providing the product anymore hits both digital and physical only with digital depending on the platform the game can remain available for purchase if they go out of business or still be redownloaded if the publisher pulls the game because of consumer rights laws an example are the Crysis games on Steam I can still download them on Steam even though EA pulled them from Steam long ago. With physical if something happens to your copy you could end up having to pay hiked up prices to rebuy the game.

It's true that no hardware lasts forever, but Switch carts and systems are likely to still be functional decades from now if properly treated, so I'm good. In the here and now, besides the fact I like physically owning the games, I'm also saving myself the unneeded extra expense of having to get another SD card or hard drive for my Switch if I were to fill the one I have by buying everything digitally.

curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

The counter argument is that physical also has issues depending on the format as discs do wear out over time while solid state formats also share the same risk of dying like hard drives, providers going out of business or not providing the product anymore hits both digital and physical only with digital depending on the platform the game can remain available for purchase if they go out of business or still be redownloaded if the publisher pulls the game because of consumer rights laws an example are the Crysis games on Steam I can still download them on Steam even though EA pulled them from Steam long ago. With physical if something happens to your copy you could end up having to pay hiked up prices to rebuy the game.

It's true that no hardware lasts forever, but Switch carts and systems are likely to still be functional decades from now if properly treated, so I'm good. In the here and now, besides the fact I like physically owning the games, I'm also saving myself the unneeded extra expense of having to get another SD card or hard drive for my Switch if I were to fill the one I have by buying everything digitally.

I don't know. I'm fully digital aside from my copy of Zelda but I hear lots of physical games are actually only part physical and you have to download the rest.

d21lewis said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know. I'm fully digital aside from my copy of Zelda but I hear lots of physical games are actually only part physical and you have to download the rest.

There are some, but I've only bought 2 so far, so in a year and a half of owning a Switch I have used less than 20GB of SD card space.

Around the Network

Excellent game, glad more people will get exposed to it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Does this mean Dr. Jay M Lounsbury in Smash? 🤔

pre ordered this as soon as it became available to.

Pirated this on the PC when it came out and said if it came out on something I buy games on I would pay for it.... gotta stick to my word!

Here's hoping the Switch port is a good one when it comes out next month... failing that I can keep playing on my PC !

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Rafie said:
V-r0cK said:
Wonder if this will come for the PS4 eventually, if not then Switch it is!

I doubt it. Unless MS decides to be nice and let it hit PS4. THIS titled game won't come to PS4. That doesn't mean future Cuphead games won't come tho.

I'm more than sure now Ori will eventually come over to the Switch. I gotta say....the Switch is looking very dangerous to competitors. The library is building VERY fast with quality titles like this one.

Sony will not let Xbox Live on Playstation, seeing that unlike Nintendo, they have competent online and dont need help. Microsoft wants their games on Sony, but you know the price. If Sony opens their doors, Microsoft gets the sales and the bragging rights that Xbox Live and Gamepass are gaining more users. People think Nintendo is winning here, but the games are only a trojan horse. Nintendo gamers win, but Microsoft wins as a corporation.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rafie said:

I doubt it. Unless MS decides to be nice and let it hit PS4. THIS titled game won't come to PS4. That doesn't mean future Cuphead games won't come tho.

I'm more than sure now Ori will eventually come over to the Switch. I gotta say....the Switch is looking very dangerous to competitors. The library is building VERY fast with quality titles like this one.

Sony will not let Xbox Live on Playstation, seeing that unlike Nintendo, they have competent online and dont need help. Microsoft wants their games on Sony, but you know the price. If Sony opens their doors, Microsoft gets the sales and the bragging rights that Xbox Live and Gamepass are gaining more users. People think Nintendo is winning here, but the games are only a trojan horse. Nintendo gamers win, but Microsoft wins as a corporation.

Microsoft isn't heading to be worth $1 Trillion dollars for nothing though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--