By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Never feel badly about sharing your Netflix

That's right folks, don't feel bad, share your Netflix account with your entire neighborhood because according to ITEP, Labor 411, and Snopes, Netflix made $845 million in profits and paid $0 In taxes.

Now this isn't something new, corporations like General Electric paid $0 in taxes under the Obama era. Now conservatives fixed it for the corporations even more. The latest tax cut from 35% to 21% made it a heck of a lot easier for major corporations to end up paying no taxes because their loopholes weren't removed or cut. They had to shelter much less money than before. It makes perfect sense that the new tax laws made it easy for this to happen.

So go ahead, share your Netflix, dim the lights, put on some musk, light a candle.. let'em watch!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said: 

So go ahead, share your Netflix, dim the lights, put on some musk, light a candle.. let'em watch!

Sounds so... chilling.

I've never shared my Netflix account, but if I ever do, I will take your advice to not feel bad about it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I feel bad because my history and recommendations are full of shit I didn't watch and don't want to see. And sometimes I try to download stuff to watch on the go and I can't because somebody else has already downloaded it!

Btw, I made three other profiles but people seem to love being me.

Don't.
First: Netflix will cancel your contract, which is not a real issue in itself.
Second: You will have to pay for the damage you did by sharing your account and could get sued. But there is yet no case known where people actually got sued. So, it's more likely that nothing will happen in this case.

I personally don't recommend it for whatever reason, but it's your life...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

My friends have limited resources and wouldn't pay for it by themselves, so it's not like Netflix is loosing on anything (+free proliferation is actually good for their brand awareness).
Does any multi-million US company actually pays actually its taxes ?

Or you could just pirate the shows you want like a normal human being.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I already use a shared Netflix account from a friend.

Peh said:
Don't.
Second: You will have to pay for the damage you did by sharing your account and could get sued. But there is yet no case known where people actually got sued. So, it's more likely that nothing will happen in this case.

Well, in 2017, I shared my Netflix with my then-girlfriend (now wife) despite being on different continents (I'm from Luxembourg in Europe, she's from the Philippines) so we could have movie evenings together. Never did something bad happen after that. she even made her own login - and since she's based in the Philippines, even has a different lineup in shows and movies then I do.

However, I wouldn't share my Netflix out of spite, it was just a loophole which allowed us to watch movies together, and wouldn't have done it under other circumstances.

Peh said:
Don't.

Third: you might get a brain hemorrage by sharing your Netflix account. But there is yet no case known of people actually getting brain hemorrages.

Why bring such an inane argument to the debate?

Besides, as a lawyer, what you just said is outright fictitious. Specially if you're not living in, you know, the US.