By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I barely play my switch

Do you have a favorite genre or are you more into exclusives?

Exclusives 14 41.18%

I have one 10 29.41%

Exclusive/Portability FTW 10 29.41%

Total:34
DonFerrari said:
Shiken said:

Or maybe they have the same legitimate issue with whatever console they were referencing as the OP has with Switch?

But I guess that would make too much sense for you I suppose?

Yes Shiken, 5 years in VGC, knowing posters and sure no one was trying to defend Switch or invalidate how OP feels about he having less use than he would preffer.

What I see mostly is people stating their own feelings towards whatever consoles they may or may not be playing, similar to how the OP said his.  He has legitimate reasons and so do the others in this thread.

I for one was unsure, so I asked what the point of the thread was.  He replied and it seems that updating everyone on our current platforms we spend the most time on and why is what he was going for.  It is a solid topic, albiet a bit misleading in the title.

I already posted my status, and felt no need to reply further.  But I am curious to what makes you feel people are trying to cut down the OP, as things seem pretty tame to me on all sides.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I barely play my PS4.

I wish I had bought a Switch. 3DS is my most played system now.

I love portables, and I prefer them..

KLXVER said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep no defense on the "I have a PS4 and don't use it" or "Xbox haven't been used for x many years". Or the posts talking about how much use they are getting on Switch as a mean to invalidate the OP situation.

Well to be fair there wasn't really much to respond to. I just gave an update on my gaming habits like the OP did.

Posts without much info usually have nothing to respond =p

Shiken said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes Shiken, 5 years in VGC, knowing posters and sure no one was trying to defend Switch or invalidate how OP feels about he having less use than he would preffer.

What I see mostly is people stating their own feelings towards whatever consoles they may or may not be playing, similar to how the OP said his.  He has legitimate reasons and so do the others in this thread.

I for one was unsure, so I asked what the point of the thread was.  He replied and it seems that updating everyone on our current platforms we spend the most time on and why is what he was going for.  It is a solid topic, albiet a bit misleading in the title.

I already posted my status, and felt no need to reply further.  But I am curious to what makes you feel people are trying to cut down the OP, as things seem pretty tame to me on all sides.

Tame yes, but if you read all posts you'll see some try of saying OP is wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

well I've clocked up 700 hours between paladins and smash bros so.... I'm making up for you not playing yours, fear not my good brother! I'll fight the good fight.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I play both my ps4 and switch a decent amount. The main advantage the switch has is convenience. Both consoles have killer libraries but the switch is just easier to pick up and play. Strangely I buy way more 3rd party games for switch than ps4, my ps4 Is used almost entirely for 1st party games and the rare AAA 3rd party game I have interest in. All Indie games are bought for the switch ( I feel they are naturally well suited to portable play) and 3rd party games that run well on switch are more likely to be bought on switch.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Where are all these defensive posts you are talking about?

Yep no defense on the "I have a PS4 and don't use it" or "Xbox haven't been used for x many years". Or the posts talking about how much use they are getting on Switch as a mean to invalidate the OP situation.

The OP made a thread about their gaming habits, people responded with theirs, simple as that. Nobody has even argued with the OP, this is just you trying to see things that arent really there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I play XB One far more than my Switch, at least lately (probably like a 70% - 30% split in favor of XB) - though the vast majority of that is Overwatch online. It's too damn addictive lol. But now that I've discovered Rocket League and Apex within the same week, I've REALLY been binging XBL. Still have Red Dead 2 unplayed and like half of Far Cry 5. 

One thing Switch has going for it though is the convenience of the handheld functionality, like I'll usually play it when I want to kick back on the couch and watch TV in the background, plus it's usually a go-to for local multiplayer with friends and family. So it definitely serves its own function, much like I use XB for my online gaming console. I also am realizing it's my prefered console for indies. Like I try to get review codes for indies on Switch games when given the option between my PC, XB, and Switch.

But it's difficult for me to binge Switch as much because I usually find online gaming the most addictive rather than single player for the most part. So when I play Switch, it's more shorter sessions, whereas I can park my lazy ass in front of the XB One all freakin night ha and just play Overwatch, Apex, and maybe a little Forza Horizon 4..

I kinda burnt myself out on Smash Bros this past month. But my Switch still aint getting left out. Lately I've been playing Tetris 99 pretty frequently. Been running through Diablo 3 on and off too. 

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 11 March 2019

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I hadn't played my Switch in forever because there hasn't been any good releases on it lately, and now suddenly it won't even charge anymore for some reason. I tried the dock, my car charger, and my phone charger (Pixel 2 uses USB C).
I gotta figure out my situation before Pokemon releases, last exclusive I bought was Mario Odyssey, nothing good has released since then.

DonFerrari said:
Shiken said:

Or maybe they have the same legitimate issue with whatever console they were referencing as the OP has with Switch?

But I guess that would make too much sense for you I suppose?

I mean.. I think people just want to share what their own current gaming habbits are, like the OP? It would seem to me that's sort of the implied discussion he was looking to engage in. Or else I don't see the point in the topic.

I don't see why people would be bothered by what one person they don't even know is spending their gaming time on. People like different types of games, so what? Obviously people that don't care much for Nintendo games or handheld functionality aren't going to get much out of the Switch, and those that do, will. Different strokes and all..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I haven't touched my Switch in about 3 months, Super Smash was a pretty let down for me, and before Super Smash, I barely touched my Switch for a year. When Fire Emblem comes out though, I'm not letting my switch rest.